Let's face it. If other company debut Illit, all Newjeans fans would be screaming Plagiarism.

• I remember when stupid bunnies accuse Rizze of plagiarism for using too some of the most generic concepts in kpop. Oh, but when the same Company debut a group with a lot of similarities with Newjeans (audience, sound,image, aesthetic, etc.) then all this people are quiet.

I wonder why Rizze was plagiarism but Illit is not to this people? How their silence now makes sense? They believe the company have some right (ike they invented this concepts or some stupid idea) over the concepts used in Newjeans so is ok if they "copy" Newjeans? :whatb:

• What r u talking about? So many people were criticizing hybe too for making illit's concept/fashion so similar to newjeans.

Also do you really need an explanation on how sm copying some other company's group is different than a hybe copying their own group?

• What r u talking about? So many people were criticizing hybe too for making illit's concept/fashion so similar to newjeans.

Also do you really need an explanation on how sm copying some other company's group is different than a hybe copying their own group?

I don't see the same accusations or the same volume like with Rizze.

SM couldn't sue even if they want to because that accusations were stupid as fuck.

Also. don't need a explanation if we see Newjeans just like a product of a company, like a bottle of shampoo for example. Do you see Newjeans like that?

• I don't see the same accusations or the same volume like with Rizze.

SM couldn't sue even if they want to because that accusations were stupid as fuck.

Also. don't need a explanation if we see Newjeans just like a product of a company, like a bottle of shampoo for example. Do you see Newjeans like that?

Lol SM was literally copying even the fictional character that show up in newjeans' mv, no wonder people will get mad at them.

Sorry to burst your bubble but for kpop companies their group's are their product. You might not like it but that's how it is.

• I have seen threads in this forum complaining about this.

• I remember when stupid bunnies accuse Rizze of plagiarism for using too some of the most generic concepts in kpop. O

I don't see the same accusations or the same volume like with Rizze.

The stupid accusations:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Lol SM was literally copying even the fictional character that show up in newjeans' mv, no wonder people will get mad at them.

Sorry to burst your bubble but for kpop companies their group's are their product. You might not like it but that's how it is.

You should know some products have the same characteristics. For example, an TV ad for a cleaning product probably use a housewife as their principal character, if another company selling a cleaning product use a housewife is copying the other product? No both are using generic concepts. The same with Newjeans and Rizee, the both have the same target, both have similar elements in their concept. For calling plagiarism you need more than both using a stupid image of a TV. Now, this is is the funny part, if this dummies are called this copying, why are not calling Illit a copy too, since they have way more similar elements. Is because SM is another company? Lol, so in the end they are just a bunch of company stans. They don't care if the company make a very similar product, they just care if other company does it.

• I don't think the music is similar

I'llEat is wavy ilyty pewewey biobly edmty yeahrip type of music which is different from NJs

And yes I just made up a bunch of nonsense words because that's what fans are doing, making up shit to convince us that the music is different from NJs

Well...was Baddie a rip off of Aespa's normal title tracks like Savage, Drama, Girls? Or Blackpink's?

They're all girl crush songs about being bad, better than everyone else and full of omnomatopoeia. Therefore they must be the same :pepe-shrug:

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Well...was Baddie a rip off of Aespa's normal title tracks like Savage, Drama, Girls? Or Blackpink's?

They're all girl crush songs about being bad, better than everyone else and full of omnomatopoeia. Therefore they must be the same :pepe-shrug:

The OG bad bad but I'm so good good yeah I'm so bad bad and I'm so hood hood

Stream

External Content youtu.be

• If you listen to them for the first time with the mindset that they are NJ 2.0, all you would be doing is finding that small similarities between them and convincing yourself you were right. As a casual kpop fan I find ILLIT songs to be more on the sweeter/cuter side with them setting up their own personal lore with superpowers and that unicorn.

• The OG bad bad but I'm so good good yeah I'm so bad bad and I'm so hood hood

Stream

Stream a 2ne1 song?

Me?

fc794d8cf55de8afd763d12009670a19.gif

• Well...was Baddie a rip off of Aespa's normal title tracks like Savage, Drama, Girls? Or Blackpink's?

So do you understand the use of generic concepts. Interesting.

Btw, about that TMIkpop report, are you telling me a company pay money to know better their competence?. Oh my, I never see this before, I'm in sock.

• Because SM stans love to scream 'plagiarism' towards other groups and act like SM is the pioneer of everything in earth, so their fans' misery is something fun to see

• So do you understand the use of generic concepts. Interesting.

Btw, about that TMIkpop report, are you telling me a company pay money to know better their competence?. Oh my, I never see this before, I'm in sock.

I'm also in shock. A company notorious for ripping off other artists and concepts spends millions studying a particular group, hires staff from said group, keeps mentioning the ex director of that group, uses a lot of designs, styles and sets of that group on their own group and your shocked people point out the similarities?

Would you be able to solve yourself out of an escape room with a wide open door :pepe-clown-gear:

As far as ill-it, both groups are girls with long hair.thats about it

• Stream a 2ne1 song?

Me?

fc794d8cf55de8afd763d12009670a19.gif

Bish just

• If you listen to them for the first time with the mindset that they are NJ 2.0, all you would be doing is finding that small similarities between them and convincing yourself you were right. As a casual kpop fan I find ILLIT songs to be more on the sweeter/cuter side with them setting up their own personal lore with superpowers and that unicorn.

Agree, there's a clear influence but I find Illit's songs and concept more pleasant

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Bish just

No you

• No you

So you wanna make things

• I'm also in shock. A company notorious for ripping off other artists and concepts spends millions studying a particular group, hires staff from said group, keeps mentioning the ex director of that group, uses a lot of designs, styles and sets of that group on their own group and your shocked people point out the similarities?

Would you be able to solve yourself out of an escape room with a wide open door :pepe-clown-gear:

As far as ill-it, both groups are girls with long hair.thats about it

Then Hybe or Ador should sue. Oh, but they won't, because there is no case other than similarities than a bunch of kids are calling plagiarism because don't understand how kpop have a aesthetic and everybody use those generic elements.

Oh my, the people who work for a Kop company later is working for another Kpop company? Shocking.

• Then Hybe or Ador should sue. Oh, but they won't, because there is no case other than similarities than a bunch of kids are calling plagiarism because don't understand how kpop have a aesthetic and everybody use those generic elements.

Oh my, the people that work for a Kop company later is working for another Kpop company? Shocking.

All this is giving away is you have no idea how plagiarism suits usually never go in favor of the artist lmao. Plenty of artists, writers, composers and photographers have called out kpop companies for ripping of their work and it usually goes nowhere because they change just enough to get away with it.

I just find it interesting how SM is called out every year, sometimes multiple times a year, for ripping off indie artists and nobody is on their side but saying they're taking inspo from another group is so offensive to you all :eyeroll-pepe:

NCT's concept was taken straight from AKB, Aespa's concept was heavily inspired by K/DA, and Riize was very clearly inspired by NewJeans. It's that simple

• No one is dumb enough to deny NJ influence on ILLIT.... like lets be real. From the camera work to the general sound and even the minimalism aspect. But tbh the reason no one really.... is dragging too hard because they didnt nail it at all. It feels less like plagiarism and more like a parody

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• No one is dumb enough to deny NJ influence on ILLIT.... like lets be real. From the camera work to the general sound and even the minimalism aspect. But tbh the reason no one really.... is dragging too hard because they didnt nail it at all. It feels less like plagiarism and more like a parody

You're not wrong.

I was watching the MV, and the style of MV/cinematography reminded me a lot of New Jeans. But for some reason, the choreo, the styling of the members, and everything else just did not look anywhere near as cool and effortless as the New Jeans girlies. Came off a little corny ngl.

I feel like TripleS's AAA did it best at taking the New Jeans aesthetic and replicating it.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• You're not wrong.

I was watching the MV, and the style of MV/cinematography reminded me a lot of New Jeans. But for some reason, the choreo, the styling of the members, and everything else just did not look anywhere near as cool and effortless as the New Jeans girlies. Came off a little corny ngl.

I feel like TripleS's AAA did it best at taking the New Jeans aesthetic and replicating it.

Yk I still think they did well overall like the song is cute. But yeah did not nail the aesthetic, looks less nj and more early loona. TripleS did a great job with generation, I still stream that song cause its so good! AND they had their own touch + the mv felt more expensive too

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• Yes yes we all know generation is great and still triples’ best song but girls’ capitalism is also good and deserves more shoutout ;judgingpepe:

External Content m.youtube.com

• Yk I still think they did well overall like the song is cute. But yeah did not nail the aesthetic, looks less nj and more early loona. TripleS did a great job with generation, I still stream that song cause its so good! AND they had their own touch + the mv felt more expensive too

Yeah, it's a nice song. Even if the MV felt lacking in some areas imo, the song was well produced. It's not my cup of tea, but I can see it doing well.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Hi,

I'm still trying to sort out the plagiarism vs inspiration discourse. It's two very different things,

and I do find it perplexing that stans conflate the two.

Plagiarism with Riize and ILLIT? No. Inspired? Mos def. Two very different things and...

Nothing wrong with this at all!

I'm not really a BG consumer outside of SK and BTS, but Love 119 was a fun song. As for ILL IT, I like Magnetic, its a cute song.

Sometimes it just is what it is. There's no need to overthink it. :exit-pepe:

-knysom

Finally someone said it

• Hybe own 12% of SM still. So maybe they approved the copy and paste.

New Jeans fans should be happy. Whenever MJH gatekeeps NJs and they don't have any content to watch, they can just watch all the content that Illit is going to churn out with their A+++ personalities.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!