Will Stray Kids succeed BTS in 2024?

• Domination, once lost, is never regained and it is likely that 2027 will be the final year of BTS as we know it as the members will move on to have their own lives, only reuniting once in a blue moon.

2024 is going to be the year when most Armies will lose faith on BTS' possibility of return to dominance.

Stray Kids, which has given up on Korea completely, will be the biggest beneficiary. Its leader, Christopher Bang (his surname is written with a different Chinese character from the owner of Hybe), is Australian and won't enlist. If Korea prohibits him from performing JYP, unlike Bang, will just send Christopher outside of Korea where SKZ will perform.

There was an occasion when the SKZ members had a chance to meet with IU, but Christopher Bang refused to meet with Lee Jieun, whom every Korean singer respects, showing Christopher does not give a crap who is boss in Korea. He is an Australian and has no filial duty to the Korean It Hag.

It seems JYP will win some victory against Bang in the end, as Min Heejin is more interested upon broadening her power in Hybe than advancing New Jeans to the world, and other Hybe boy acts are showing lackluster results.

JYP has too many interests and he tends to do too many things at once, like running a show with aging Korean singers called "Golden Girls", but he already won a minor victory by making NewJeans greet the Golden Girls.

Although Hybe's Seventeen, which was from Pledis and still has some distinct features from it,sold more albums thn SKZ last year, that is likely to change in 2024 and with a producer whose native language is English, it will make more inroads in countries not named Korea and will further advance the Korea-free model JYP is advocating.

• Hahahah no way in hell that’s going to happen. Other than their album sales which is clearly inflated like Seventeens, their streams in all the music markets for major platforms is reallllyyyy meh for a ‘top’ act. With BP and BTS gone, it’s the end of global dominance for k-pop, it’s only those two acts that can pull the millions and billions for streaming numbers 😂😂😂 Other groups might as well go in a another bucket somewhere to be thrown out 😂😂😂 Finally it’s the enddddd of K-pop whooooo

• If JYPE can give them a bit of a bigger push on Spotify with more playlistng and find other ways to promote them to a wider audience and pick them up a bit in Korea, why not?

They already outsell them by quite a bit and have started to grow good popularity in Japan, China and SEA.

Who knows, probably not. But Who knows.

• All I can say is that I don't really expect BTS to regularly comeback after their enlistment. They'll definitely balance group and solo activities this time.

Some members have expressed wanting to release more music and do solo tours. It'll be just exciting to see them do things they haven't done before

• They're going to be the second most successful kpop group ever if the things keep going the way they do, they're already the most popular group among young kids as far as I've seen. But no, I don't think they will succeed BTS, it seems like some of yall underestimate how crazy BTS' success is. It's much more than album sales.

• If JYPE can give them a bit of a bigger push on Spotify with more playlistng and find other ways to promote them to a wider audience and pick them up a bit in Korea, why not?

They already outsell them by quite a bit and have started to grow good popularity in Japan, China and SEA.

Who knows, probably not. But Who knows.

JYP needs to give them better music. I know ppl like to think BTS success comes from fandom masstreaming but they have a couple of genuine hits that don't make people immediately skip the song.

• JYP needs to give them better music. I know ppl like to think BTS success comes from fandom masstreaming but they have a couple of genuine hits that don't make people immediately skip the song.

OMG, are you rationalising with "BTS success is due to underserved Hybe playlisting but JYPE give my faves playlisting too so they can surpass BTS" :skull:

• Hahahah no way in hell that’s going to happen. Other than their album sales which is clearly inflated like Seventeens, their streams in all the music markets for major platforms is reallllyyyy meh for a ‘top’ act. With BP and BTS gone, it’s the end of global dominance for k-pop, it’s only those two acts that can pull the millions and billions for streaming numbers 😂😂😂 Other groups might as well go in a another bucket somewhere to be thrown out 😂😂😂 Finally it’s the enddddd of K-pop whooooo

But they might go to somewhere, although not high as these giants.

Unlike NewJeans, SKZ does have a foreign leader/producer so it has a wider view

• Stray Kids is the new BTS, it's obvious like a sunny day

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Stray Kids are so popular but have zero traction within Korea. Funny enough this is similar to BTS but BTS had more traction in Korea than SKs have ever had. BTS gained huge fame outside Korea first but that doesnt mean they weren't already popular in Korea. SKs arent popular in Korea but they have huge popularity outside it. They need try to find that popularity but I dont know how. Korea just seems not to like their music.

• Why do non Armys come to teach us about BTS' history..again the same bullshit that BTS got famous abroad before they did in Korea as if BST does not exist in the year 2016!!!

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Why do non Armys come to teach us about BTS' history..again the same bullshit that BTS git famous abroad before they did in Korea as if BST does not exist in the year 2016!!!

I think many on this forum except Johnny (lol) and maybe some handful of old users never lived thru 2015-2016. Now me being an old kpop head from the prehistoric days of 2008 has seen the rise of kpop till the rise of BTS. BTS Korean digitals were MILES ahead in their first three years than the boy groups being labeled more popular internationally like them in their formative sophomore/junior years (except the big 3 boy groups + BAP and Block B) But because they weren't doing better than those groups in their first three years they were still being labeled nugus.

Mind you (when downloads and streams were made available) I Need You sold 800K+ downloads and surpassed 100M streams. That was their first GP mini-hit (at least compared to the groups mentioned above) but it's looking like a national hit compared to the boy groups of today. :skull: Dope was also released that same year and that was when they really took off internationally but they already secured a mini hit domestically two years in.

Then you have Blood Sweat and Tears, Fire, Spring Day and DNA before they really took off globally in 2018.

On GAON they charted:

2015: INU

2016: Fire, BST

2017: BST, Spring Day, DNA

2018(the year they officially TURNED the tide): Fake Love, Idol, Spring Day, The Truth Untold, DNA

• Mid-2010 BG digital should always be checked for context :pepe-narrow-eyes:

I remember how well Sechs Kies fans played the system. Getting a Gaon number one whilst peaking at 72nd on the Melon weekly chart will forever be legendary :pepe-cross:

• Stray Kids are so popular but have zero traction within Korea. Funny enough this is similar to BTS but BTS had more traction in Korea than SKs have ever had. BTS gained huge fame outside Korea first but that doesnt mean they weren't already popular in Korea. SKs arent popular in Korea but they have huge popularity outside it. They need try to find that popularity but I dont know how. Korea just seems not to like their music.

Which is a good thing since that means its members are NOT really going to give a shit about enlisting in the Korean military, especially when its leader and producer is not even a Korean. They will care less if Korea doesn't accept them ever again. Even if some members might enlist, Christopher and Felix won't.

It seems Christopher does not give a shit about how people will see it in Korea since there is no money on it.

BTS was unable to cut its ties with Korea and it basically ended it. SKZ has no ties with Korea which will help. Christopher just has to produce music which is more in tune with the English speaking world.

• Until 2018 BTS topped the Gaon Weekly Chart just two times, BST and Spring Day.

And no daily Melon #1s. Its best shot was DNA, but it was defeated by a remake song of the person would later be their final nemesis, Autumn Morning.

• Doubt it. They haven't gotten the Korean market as yet. Neither are they willing to bend and put out a dynamite either despite having an English speaking producer.

It seems SKZ doesn't give a shit about the Korean market

Three concerts at Chamshil, Sep 17-18, 2022 - Size of concert inversely related to album sales - K-POP - allkpop forums

In Korea, the specter of a certain singer from Edam prevents them to be the boss of Korea, so Christpher, who refused to pay filial duty to the certain singer , does not wast time to win the love of Koreans too much.

• now THIS is comedy gold, right here :ak_iuyawn:

• Will you keep us updated on their achievements?

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!