Will 2024 mark the end of Kpop as we know it?

• 2024 starts with New Jeans as the leading act of KPop, with zero stadium, let alone arena , concert out of Korea.

No one, except whyknock, expected this to happen.

Min Heejin is more interested upon seizing the control of Hybe than promoting NJ outside of Korea. Which is quite strange, since Le Sserafim has done an arena tour in some Asian cities.

With two English speakers, versus one in LS, NJ has the advantage but Min Heejin is acting like a typical Korean music exec, jocking for power in Korea.

And, no one has been able to dislodge Akmu's song from #1 in Melon, a trend which is expected to continue till at least the end of the year.

KPop in 2023 in general is the afterglow of BTS, and the height ofBlackPink. Seventeen, Stray Kids, txt and others sell a lot of albums but they have not been able to attract the global attention.

After the decisive battle of Taylor Swift and Jungkook next week, if Jungkook loses, the War of Liberation against Kpop will begin in earnest all around the world.

With the Domesticists getting stronger, The One Single Most Detrimental Figure of KPop History will make her move probably in Jan 2024.

The Singer who has spent 15 years undermining KPop, and to this day has released exactly one KPop song (BBiBBi), still has not given up her objectives of

1) Making KPop return to the 1990s

2) making KPop melody/vocal oriented, not song oriented

3) making KPop only for Koreans, not for the world.

With the disappearance of BTS and BlackPink, and the weakening of aespa and IVE, only New Jeans stands against the Strange Creature who will be aided virtually all domesticists you can name.

No one expected the determination of the Greatest Domesticist to end , destroy and terminate KPop would last all the way to now, and no one expected there would be no major Kpop act dominating the world to stop her ambitions, except me.

Some people in Korea fear NewJeans would leave Korea and promote in the overseas. I am mixed about it. NJ will have to promote in the overseas to keep the KPop flame, which seems to be as frail as a candlelight in a storm.

Who would have expected Taylor Swift, who was quiet when BTS would rule the world, to crush the last major effort of BTS?

Who would have expected the Former owner of Edam entertainment, virtually the only singer in the entire globe who did NOT recognize BTS' domiance of the known world, would rise to suffocate KPop finally?

The Singer who has Undermined Kpop the most in this century is unrepentant, and seems confident that her Korean supporters, themselves not really relevant to KPop, will put her back to power so she can destroy Kpop as she wishes.

I just hope there is a new act who can arise to end her , and Akmu's, ambitions but it will be a tall order.

• I think 2024 will be crazily dominated by Girl Groups, it's going to be similar to 2022, but even more extreme. SM will debut a new GG (probably), HYBE will debut I'll-It and the Dream Academy group, and don't forget Babymonster.

And in addition to the new groups, we have NewJeans, Le Sserafim and IVE, the Top three groups, Aespa, the strong group which struggles to have another hit song atm, and (G)I-DLE, a Group which isn't from the BIG 4 but is still topping charts.

Then, there are groups like NMIXX and StayC, that have enough popularity to be a top group if one of their songs goes viral and becomes a hit.

BTS will go to the military and Blackpink will be on Hiatus (with potential solo releases), Twice probably lost their momentum and won't be able to have another hit song, and Red Velvet probably won't as well.

4th gen GirlGroups will take over.

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• With the Domesticists getting stronger, The One Single Most Detrimental Figure of KPop History will make her move probably in Jan 2024.

How many unique listeners you predict TOSMDFKH will get whyknock? Her dominance of kpop was based about how above she was of the rest of kpop groups in terms of digital charting, when in 2016-2019 kpop groups used to do 700K unique listeners per comeback she was easily hitting 1.3M to 1.5M, numbers unreachable for almost all kpop groups. If her comeback can barely do 400K ul, which is barely above the 300K kpop groups are doing now it will be a positive sign of the end of her reign over kpop.

• Oh please no. Haven't we had enough girl groups for one generation? Honestly, I'd rather have a year of nothing but trot songs on the charts than another 2022 for girl groups.

• I love that when NewJeans isnt actively promoting for one minute people are like “min heejin doesnt care about them” like theyre like the #9 group in the WORLD on spotify.

And frankly i’m not paying $250 to see them perform one album worth of songs, like i’m gonna need at least an hour of their Original content

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Oh please no. Haven't we had enough girl groups for one generation? Honestly, I'd rather have a year of nothing but trot songs on the charts than another 2022 for girl groups.

not long ago Lim Young Woong had 15 songs in Melon top 20...

so yeah...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How many unique listeners you predict TOSMDFKH will get whyknock? Her dominance of kpop was based about how above she was of the rest of kpop groups in terms of digital charting, when in 2016-2019 kpop groups used to do 700K unique listeners per comeback she was easily hitting 1.3M to 1.5M numbers unreachable for almost all kpop groups. If her comeback can barely do 400K ul, which is barely above the 300K kpop groups are doing now it will be a positive sign of the end of her reign over kpop.

TOSMDFKH will probably do 500k since she is likely to create a stir by throwing a teaser here and there.

700k is now unobtainable. 500k will be considered to be pretty major nowdays

• 2023 was the height. Already aespa and IVE are fading. Only Lesserafim, New Jeans, whatever Bang wil ldebut and Babymonster will be remainining in the arena.

We don't know what will be the nature of Bang's new group. Yang will debut Babymonster when he feels like it. So only LS and NJ remaining against The One Single Most Detrimental Figure of Kpop History .

• I love that when NewJeans isnt actively promoting for one minute people are like “min heejin doesnt care about them” like theyre like the #9 group in the WORLD on spotify.

And frankly i’m not paying $250 to see them perform one album worth of songs, like i’m gonna need at least an hour of their Original content

When BlackPink had its first arena concert in 2018, it had 12 songs.

Yang quickly had to arrange for it so BP could beat The One Single Most Detrimental Figure of Kpop History who was going to have a concert at the same location the week after.

So, what they did is each of them covered a song from another YG act, and Seungri, yes the now disgraced Seungri, came in and spent 15 min performing his own songs.

So, we could expect each member to cover one song, from other Hybe act, and a male guest, maybe Taemin or Minho since Min Heejin developed Shinee, could show up to support them.

• 2023 was the height. Already aespa and IVE are fading. Only Lesserafim, New Jeans, whatever Bang wil ldebut and Babymonster will be remainining in the arena.

We don't know what will be the nature of Bang's new group. Yang will debut Babymonster when he feels like it. So only LS and NJ remaining against The One Single Most Detrimental Figure of Kpop History .

I know that you're a big fan of Jieun, and I agree that she's influential in Korea, but I outside of that country nobody really cares about her. NewJeans won't have a hard time surpassing her popularity bc they are known in the States and Europe

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!