who's a better actress: Suzy vs Yoona

• Suzy currently.

Although Yoona has improved too.

Added: My opinion is based on the episodes I have seen recently of Yoona in King the Land and Suzy in Doona, which I only watched because someone here said it was good. I have also watched many of their dramas previously.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Easily Suzy. Yoona is simply not a good actress, neither does she choose roles that really challenges herself.

Suzy has really diversified her characters and many of her dramas revolve around her characters where she does a lot of the heavy lifting.

Yoona's dramas and films are hard carried by her male counterpart like Jo Jong-suk, Hyun-bin, Lee Jong-suk, Lee Jun-ho etc. Great actresses make the characters their own, and it seems like all of her roles are hardly memorable.

If you ask someone, what's Yoona's most iconic character, would any non-fan even be able to answer?

- IU has My Mister and Hotel del Luna

- Hyeri and Eunji has Reply 1988 and 1997

- Suzy started with Architecture 101 and recently really challenged herself and got many praises for Anna

• Five years ago, I would've said it's tight, but Suzy really pulled ahead in recent years.

Yoona fans would kill me for this but Yoona really benefited alot from being a SNSD member and was put in a lot of big productions with big names. Her fans always sneak in all these awards with Confidential Assignment or Exit or Big Mouth because Kpop fans don't watch a lot of Kfilms or Kdramas, but those who actually watched know that she has like 5 mins of screen time as a side character in Confidential Assignment and the jail dudes in Big Mouth hard carried the show with Yoona being a glorified love interest.

• I don't know about yall but I've never walked away blown away by Yoona's acting.

There are moments in dramas where you're just like holding your breath or wow moments like Hyeri when Dokseon's grandmother died, or when IU was doing sign language with her granny in My Mister.

But quite the opposite for Yoona when sometimes it just breaks your immersion and you can tell when someone is "acting".

If you ask someone, what's Yoona's most iconic character, would any non-fan even be able to answer?

Yoona's most iconic drama was You Are Her Destiny, which I think was her first main actress role. 185 episodes. Peak ratings was 41.6%. i.e. more than 4 out of every 10 Koreans were watching that episode.

Dream High had IU, Suzy, Taecyeon and Kim Soohyun.

• My opinion is based on the episodes I have seen recently of Yoona in King the Land

I know King the land was a Massive success with big ratings of 12% etc...

but i don't know how people watched it, i watcched half of the first episode and i was so bored

and i was so excited as a 2nd gen fans to see yoona and junho play together

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Suzy, go by what I watched, but I have only watch two dramas and one movie with her, well maybe three dramas if I go by some dramas she did not had the lead. But I really like her. But both of them are fun to watch. My personal favorites are IU and Yoon Eun-hye even is she maybe is not a brialliant actress she is fun to watch in her ealier days .

• I compared him and Lee Jong Suk based on the dramas they starred in. Suzy played very well in While You Were Sleeping. Yoona is also good, but Suzy has improved more than her. Suzy received prestigious acting awards for Anna. The character acting of the role of Anna was very different from her roles so far. Yoona's roles and acting are very similar, a little more contrived.

• I compared him and Lee Jong Suk based on the dramas they starred in. Suzy played very well in While You Were Sleeping. Yoona is also good, but Suzy has improved more than her. Suzy received prestigious acting awards for Anna. The character acting of the role of Anna was very different from her roles so far. Yoona's roles and acting are very similar, a little more contrived.

This is very true yoona literally does only one thing. Lol. But I guess when you can’t act and your only role is to look pretty 😭 a la Cha en woo. But hey if it works it works I guess.

• Both are good, Sejeong is better than both by far lol

Suzy has improved over the years, Yoona hasn’t in a while. Suzy is probably better now :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Neither are great though. Nana, Kwon Nara, Eunji, Sejeong etc are all better

I cant believe ur putting Nana in that list, her acting is so bad xd, like actually so cringe, hopefully she gets better. I havent seen the mask girl so maybe she did good

• as I saw both of recent works of girls

I think I can say they both making 'leaps' forward

what is important about them is that they don't have those 'lifeless'/'emotionless' faces like some idols who start acting careers, you can see emotions and changes in facial expressions when they act

one thing tho is I can see where they careers go

Yoona is more like Sejeong she fits those rom-coms and more bright series

Suzy meanwhile I won't be surprised if she will be playing some dark mad character like venomous chaebol daughter or some killer in the future, she seems more versatile and I don't know how to say it... her 'aura' changes a lot, she might be someone like female version of Namkoong Min

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't really see the Yoona comparison with Sejeong tbh, other than that they've done similar dramas in Business Proposal and King the Land. Of course Sejeong can do rom-com, but she's already proven she can do much more than that. She's done two whole seasons of Uncanny Counter, which were the complete opposite of a bright series, playing a dark character with action scenes and all that. Yoona is definitely not pulling off doing action scenes and has yet to show she can do a diverse range of characters.

I don't know about being a female version of Namkoong Min, that's a super high bar to set, but Suzy has already shown that she's willing to play different type of roles in Vagabond and Anna. That alone puts her ahead of Yoona.

• I don't really see the Yoona comparison with Sejeong tbh, other than that they've done similar dramas in Business Proposal and King the Land. Of course Sejeong can do rom-com, but she's already proven she can do much more than that. She's done two whole seasons of Uncanny Counter, which were the complete opposite of a bright series, playing a dark character with action scenes and all that. Yoona is definitely not pulling off doing action scenes and has yet to show she can do a diverse range of characters.

I don't know about being a female version of Namkoong Min, that's a super high bar to set, but Suzy has already shown that she's willing to play different type of roles in Vagabond and Anna. That alone puts her ahead of Yoona.

you basically wrap it up a bit better

with Sejeong comparison I've ment that bright lovey dovey dramas like you said

and with Suzy yeah it was about versatility, or whatever the name is for this in acting

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yoona all the way.

External Content youtu.be

• Yoona fans would kill me for this but Yoona really benefited alot from being a SNSD member and was put in a lot of big productions with big names. Her fans always sneak in all these awards with Confidential Assignment or Exit or Big Mouth because Kpop fans don't watch a lot of Kfilms or Kdramas, but those who actually watched know that she has like 5 mins of screen time as a side character in Confidential Assignment and the jail dudes in Big Mouth hard carried the show with Yoona being a glorified love interest.

Just so you know, Yoona was an actress before she debuted as Snsd and in their debut era, Yoona contributed a lot to the success of Snsd as she was already known. Yoona is one member who didn't need Snsd to succeed, instead, Snsd needed her to succeed.

And if I'm not wrong, the biggest Kdrama led by idol is Yoona's You Are My Destiney that had over 40% ratings in Korea. No idol has had that. She got a lot of praises for her acting in that drama since she was a rookie actress.

• She was MEGA popular, easily one of the biggest 2nd gen idols, if you want to compare her to 3rd/4th gen idols you could compare her to Jennie and Wonyoung. Unlike them she was doing more drama gigs tho, that's how she became an it girl in the first place. And she's still really popular, she's not really an idol anymore so ifans don't talk about her a lot but she's still an A list celebrity.

• now that I think about this, most kdrama or movies that I've watched usually have either IU or Suzy, but no Yoona...

Snsd was busier and bigger than Miss A and IU's solo career then which means Yoona did less acting even though she was the biggest absentee in Snsd due to her solo career.

Also, because Miss A wasn't that huge compared to Snsd, Suzy had enough time to act.

And, IU gained control of her career early compared to both Suzy and Yoona so she had all the time to act while Yoona was busy with modeling across Asia and with Snsd 5 or so world tours.

• Suzy really impressed me in Anna. She killed it.

And Yoona owns the sweet and cute acting style. I immediately fell for her in Prime Minister and I and her Chinese drama. She did amazing. SM is so controlling, I don't think they can let Yoona do anything contrary to her image.

I think Suzy has to go all out and take all risks with all kinds of roles now that she doesn't have JYP to defend her pretty face, she moved to a smaller label so her profile has to be strong with strong roles or she won't be booked for jobs.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

Do you think SM influences the character Yoona is to play? I hope not.

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!