Who is the truly it girl from ioi now, Sejeong or Somi?

• Tbh, I think Sejeong is the truly winner post ioi and the most popular now. She's kill it with her acting career and one of the most known actress nowadays. And I don't know if Somi still can be considered as the It girl these day especially compare to girls like Yoona and Suzy that have the tittle too and come in the same generation as her. They still having more public recognition, something that Somi didn't really have now.

Oh and genuine question, will she be added in Yg new gg as being in the permanent group is what she want before or she will continue with how yg promoting her now? I just feel like she is better in a group than solo even though all her solo is bop but maybe it's just me.

• Tbh, I think Sejeong is the truly winner post ioi and the most popular now. She's kill it with her acting career and one of the most known actress nowadays. And I don't know if Somi still can be considered as the It girl these day especially compare to girls like Yoona and Suzy that have the tittle too and come in the same generation as her. They still having more public recognition, something that Somi didn't really have now.

Oh and genuine question, will she be added in Yg new gg as being in the permanent group is what she want before or she will continue with how yg promoting her now? I just feel like she is better in a group than solo even though all her solo is bop but maybe it's just me.

Sejeong by far now. It depends on Somi's next comeback. Why would Somi join YGNGG? Do you mean Blacklabel gg then I don't think so.

• IMO Neither are IT girls.

It-ness, is not just popularity, or tonnes of CFs.

Both Sejeong and Somi are very popular, have lot of CFs etc.

IT-ness, has a different vibe associations - glamour, sexiness etc.

And neither of these 2 girls have that.

Or maybe, you can call it that they are a different kind of "IT-ness" from Hyori, Suzy etc.

As to who is the winner between them, that's pointless, it will keep changing depending upon the success of their most recent song/project..

But these 2 and Chungha, have achieved a level of fame, that can survive few underperforming gigs, and continue ..

• They're both at the top tier above most Produce and other idol in general.

Sejeong is a legit all-rounder who has done well with acting, variety, musical, and just wait till she gets back into her solo singing career with all the popularity she has now.

Somi is more of a "celebrity", but she's still got a legit big fanbase and casual listeners, and all her songs have extremely high views, especially for a solo artist. And she's got no problem with CFs as well.

Why are we still pitting them against each other now, more than 6 years since their Produce season as ended? Can't we just support them both...

• About the same at the moment. Somi has broader international fame. Sejeong is concentrated in Asain regions that tend to watch k dramas, unsurprisingly.

SJ2022.jpg

SJ2022-5.jpg

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Oh and genuine question, will she be added in Yg new gg as being in the permanent group is what she want before or she will continue with how yg promoting her now? I just feel like she is better in a group than solo even though all her solo is bop but maybe it's just me.

Maybe a 20% chance she'll join a group. That's a big 7 year commitment. Teddy is working on his own GG at TBL so she would probably join that, unless he doesn't plan on debuting them within the next 1-2 years, then maybe YGNGG. "Somi and the Jennies" has a ring to it.

Somi has been teasing 'crazy news' since December, so that could be it, but probably not.

• Oh and genuine question, will she be added in Yg new gg as being in the permanent group is what she want before or she will continue with how yg promoting her now? I just feel like she is better in a group than solo even though all her solo is bop but maybe it's just me

I don't think so.

It is extremely rare for that to happen. Has it even happened before.

And she has a viable brand which even if not by music, makes good money by CFs etc. So it would be diluting and risking that

They may try the temporary project group route and then if it succeeds, play it by the ear.

Or like how Youngji was a temporary member of KARD..

If at all Somi wants a group, she should hit up Sejeong and Chungha.. all would have far more say in their careers and can do a group at least as a part of their activities.

3OI..

That could be very beneficial to their individual careers also.

• I don't think so.

It is extremely rare for that to happen. Has it even happened before.

And she has a viable brand which even if not by music, makes good money by CFs etc. So it would be diluting and risking that

There is a good chance that the plan from the beginning was to have Somi go solo until the group was ready, but then the Burning Sun scandal and covid delayed everything. Even if it was the original plan, Somi might still decide to stay solo.

At any other company losing brand deals would be an issue, but YG is really good at individual projects.

If at all Somi wants a group, she should hit up Sejeong and Chungha.. all would have far more say in their careers and can do a group at least as a part of their activities.

3OI..

That could be very beneficial to their individual careers also.

It would be way harder to arrange that with the individual companies than for Somi to join TBLGG or YGNGG. I don't even think Teddy wanted Somi to do a single IOI reunion show.

Edited once, last by hammerstan ().

• It would be way harder to arrange that with the individual companies than for Somi to join TBLGG or YGNGG. I don't even think Teddy wanted Somi to do a single IOI reunion show.

I meant a project group.. Not a regular group.

I don't think any of them will sign up for a regular group after this long years.. Not even Somi..

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think the key to Sejeong's success is her being the variety Ace. It gave her a massive GP recognition, beyond Kpop demographic.. any association with YJS is gold

Acting came later and probably due to variety networking

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!