If These Are The Songs JYPE Is Planning On Giving Their Western Group A2K,...I'm SCARED...

• I'm scared. This is so fucking corny. Kidz Bop!!! This literally sounds like a Disney Channel song! Pack it up. It's over. They're done for.

How is this supposed to compete against Olivia Rodrigo and Billie!? How!? I'm only mentioning Olivia and Billie since that's the target demographic A2K should also be going for, and those two are the only main stars right now I can think of in that demo.

Like...wtf!? Who is this for JYPE!? This sounds like you're targeting tweens! Not Western teenagers! I KNEW IT!!! I knew they should leave the music and A&R to Republic Records. Even Boys Like You is better than this!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I really don’t understand these companies you hear them having all these ambitions of expanding to America and the west yet they still go with a full on Korean sound and concept all I hope for is that this songs are just for the stage and maybe the first album and nothing more because twice first debut album was kind of wack compared to what we got later on

• I really don’t understand these companies you hear them having all these ambitions of expanding to America and the west yet they still go with a full on Korean sound and concept all I hope for is that this songs are just for the stage and maybe the first album and nothing more because twice first debut album was kind of wack compared to what we got later on

I'm flabbergasted. I cannot imagine anyone over the age of 14 listening and bopping to these songs. This makes me think that Kaylee actually might make the group. These sound like songs that she should be singing. Like, if you want to go the Disney Channel route, you have to do it right! You have to have a show as a vehicle like Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, Big Time Rush. Like, the songs from those shows and movies were kind of corny if you listen to them back now, but we grew up watching the shows as kids, so they were bops to us.

If they just release this songs as is, NO ONE is going to be bopping to this?! Know Me Like That has some possible TikTok potential, but in a non-serious way lmao.

Like...who approved this? I think some dude who wrote Dynamite also worked on one of these songs, and I'm like...he must not have been one of the main producers or lyricists cause...ain't no way?!

This is the 1st JYPE GG since Twice that I'm seriously not sure if I'm gonna stan. I'm hoping this is their I'm Gonna Be A Star, and their actual debut song is much better.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• The idea of JYP doing a Western-geared group was always a stretch. They literally prove their inability to connect to a general Western audience with almost every marketing move they make, even though they have 2 huge artists on their hands with a lot of fans in the West. It feels like ego and pride gets in the way for a lot of labels instead of admitting they need outside help.

• The 1st song, JYP got ripped off. No was a 1st language english speaker did the lyrics, because they don’t even flow with the song. The wrote lyrics for the whole beat but it sounds like the lyricist had no idea just writing words along a beat, doesn’t actually make a song.

The 2nd song is much better, but still a little bit cringe.

I mean, JYP had an idea and a brand, so i think ppl expecting BP or something more western, had high expectations. But yeah, song choices and concept isn’t what i’d typically think of getting radio play.

But we gotta remember, idol groups are typically geared toward preteens & teens, so maybe the music is a little fitting, but even that’s a stretch.

• Excuse me but Disney had amazing bops even now as an adult I still like them the songs showcased today felt all over the place all I had in mind was the work kidsbop like seriously the only fan base these girls are ever going to get are 5 year olds

• Japanese Twice. American ITZY.

04c.gif

Their English lyrics have always been ass imo

Whether too much of a literal translation (Twice) or Not Like Other Girls budget Disney music (Itzy)

Saw this coming a mile away

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• Japanese Twice. American ITZY.

04c.gif

But wasn’t it expected with the age range of the contestants? Especially with Kaylee being a fan favorite

Not just jyp even dream academy is starting to fell underwhelming I feel like these companies have all this big ambition of having a group of westerners popular in America yet they seem to not understand their targeted audience,yesterday I saw this poster of dream academy girls having a fan meet in Seoul like why are they having a fan meet there ? Their audience isn’t there it’s in the west you need to cater to them not Koreans , this companies want a Korean gg but with western faces but with a different fan base when we all know that’s not how it works there

• To be fair all of these girls are young. And also most of your Kpop girl group songs y’all love sound like this you just don’t know Korean.

It's easy to ignore how cheesy some KPOP sounds cause it's in a different language.

When it's in English, I can feel how cheesy it really is, and there's a market for that in Korea.

In the US, the only market for that is like I mentioned, people interested in songs from Disney and Nickelodeon, which if that is the demo JYPE is targeting, fine. But, how are they going to reach that audience? It's hard to sell music to that demographic since the way they find music is different. It's not for me personally, but if you're going to go that route, commit to it and promote it accordingly.

• External Content twitter.com

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

• Not just jyp even dream academy is starting to fell underwhelming I feel like these companies have all this big ambition of having a group of westerners popular in America yet they seem to not understand their targeted audience,yesterday I saw this poster of dream academy girls having a fan meet in Seoul like why are they having a fan meet there ? Their audience isn’t there it’s in the west you need to cater to them not Koreans , this companies want a Korean gg but with western faces but with a different fan base when we all know that’s not how it works there

OMG!? I saw that about the Dream Academy fanmeet.

Korea is not talking about them at all. Not even the Korean trainees.

Like...why would ya'll have a fanmeet there? :exit-pepe:

• External Content twitter.com

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

Lmfao "dropped out of middle school" that's foul :pepe-cringe:

• Not just jyp even dream academy is starting to fell underwhelming I feel like these companies have all this big ambition of having a group of westerners popular in America yet they seem to not understand their targeted audience,yesterday I saw this poster of dream academy girls having a fan meet in Seoul like why are they having a fan meet there ? Their audience isn’t there it’s in the west you need to cater to them not Koreans , this companies want a Korean gg but with western faces but with a different fan base when we all know that’s not how it works there

Did you hear their intro/outro song? The one that goes “ready for the world”, it was already kidz bop sounding so I’m not surprised with these songs lol.

Yup, it’s def underwhelming now but I think DA has more potential? The format of the “show” is really holding them back since they’re super short instead of episodes. We’ll see though cuz I have a feeling DA won’t be going for the kidz bop sound (hopeful they did their research) 🙏🏻 The fan meeting… Yeah idk why they went through with. Maybe they’re like might as well do it since they’re there atm? Practicing fan service 😅

• It's easy to ignore how cheesy some KPOP sounds cause it's in a different language.

When it's in English, I can feel how cheesy it really is, and there's a market for that in Korea.

In the US, the only market for that is like I mentioned, people interested in songs from Disney and Nickelodeon, which if that is the demo JYPE is targeting, fine. But, how are they going to reach that audience? It's hard to sell music to that demographic since the way they find music is different. It's not for me personally, but if you're going to go that route, commit to it and promote it accordingly.

Honestly the A2K thing is gonna be thought. It will fail unless JYP and republic are 100% committed to it

• Besides the fact that the song isn't appealing, that one girl sounds awful. She doesn't belong anywhere near a microphone. Makes Momo sound like Whitney Houston.

the concept of western gg isn't going to work already cuz the west doesn't care about gg, kpop group only get attention in the west because of the kpop phenomenon or the media wouddn't care

but with song like this it's worst, even as a kid i didn't listen to this type of song

The media doesn't care. Literally the only Kpop acts they've attached themsleves to are BTS and to a lesser extent Blackpink. Twice have broken through to a western audience almost entirely on their own, in spite of the media's apathy, not thanks to them. I don't know how you can claim the west doesn't care about girl groups when them and BP are filling stadiums there, something they're not doing in Korea mind you.

• The danger for JYPE is if there is no interest in the group.....

I thought the songs were good but it was clear that KG is the best vocal of the group because Camila was at the same level as Savanna in Vocals for TOPIC.

The songs were much better than the ones given on Sixteen, probably because JYPark wasn't the sole writer but it's interesting to see the first direction that the group will take

• Besides the fact that the song isn't appealing, that one girl sounds awful. She doesn't belong anywhere near a microphone. Makes Momo sound like Whitney Houston.

The media doesn't care. Literally the only Kpop acts they've attached themsleves to are BTS and to a lesser extent Blackpink. Twice have broken through to a western audience almost entirely on their own, in spite of the media's apathy, not thanks to them. I don't know how you can claim the west doesn't care about girl groups when them and BP are filling stadiums there, something they're not doing in Korea mind you.

JYPE giving people songs out of their range again.

I assume the person you're referring to is Savanna? Either her or Kendall.

And, you're right, she, Savanna, sounded terrible. You can tell that this song was in no way written to suit the girls singing it. I think JYP said he wrote one of the songs in like 45 minutes, and yeah buddy, we can tell. That says to me, you gave no thought to the people who'd actually be singing it. You wrote a song and chose people and parts you thought could highlight your SONG. Not giving two shits about making something where the singers can shine. Which, I get the point of the show is to find contestants who can fit the JYPE mold, but at this point, they should have an idea of what line up they want. Why would you embarrass these girls by giving them songs and parts that don't suit them or their voices?

The group will tank with or without great music. The show is here to highlight JYP not these girls.

You're not wrong. Another ego trip.

• The danger for JYPE is if there is no interest in the group.....

I thought the songs were good but it was clear that KG is the best vocal of the group because Camila was at the same level as Savanna in Vocals for TOPIC.

The songs were much better than the ones given on Sixteen, probably because JYPark wasn't the sole writer but it's interesting to see the first direction that the group will take

actually Camila is a really good singer you can check her solo singing it just seems like this songs isn’t suited for her, the actual good vocalist in the show decide to drop out and honestly I fully understand her imagine having all that talent and you end up ranking 9th and a girl like Kendal ranked 2nd lol

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• My thoughts exactly!!!!!!! What the heck are these songs??!?!?!?!

Such dinsey channel!!!

I made a comment about it on youtube and someone was like "why would you want them to have mature songs, these fit their age group"

Like these are songs for eight year olds!

I just can't believe it. Like I like all the girls but if this is what their music is gonna be like I will not be following them.

I was appalled!

• Exactly! You can have songs that are age appropriate but don't sound like something only kids would listen to and relate to. Kaylee is very young, so it's going to be hard if she ends up in the final group.

But, just look at New Jeans with songs like OMG and Super Shy. Or IVE with songs like After Like and I Am. Those are songs that are not super risque, kind of cute, but at the same time catchy enough with the music sounding contemporary enough that people from all age ranges can enjoy it.

Like there is a happy medium between Kidz Bop and mature that plenty of groups have found.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!