how come riize gets a free reality show on youtube while other groups have their shows behind a paywall?

• other groups like exo and aespa have their shows behind a paywall and only available to watch in selected countries only. why the difference in treatment?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

32 minutes FREE show

on the other hand…....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

just a preview so you have to watch the full version on a korean platform called wavve and you need a korean phone no/bank account to pay and access the videos

similarly with aespa

• That’s not a variety/reality show? You either trying to set them up or don’t know shit about what you’re talking. It’s a YouTube content type of show that the other groups you mentioned occasionally do during comeback too.

I don’t stan Riize but if SM do give them a variety show and release it on YouTube one day, I would be happy for them. It means SM started finally doing it right.

lt64IYu.gif

• that's not a reality show but a youtube content and both EXO, NCT and Aespa got tons of it on youtubee available for free -_-

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• that's not a reality show but a youtube content and both EXO, NCT and Aespa got tons of it on youtubee available for free -_-

What kind of shows are under a paywall?

I can talk about bts. Their variety show run bts is free, but there's a bonus footage that's under a paywall. Suga's talk show suchwita is free too. Behind the scenes of various content (mvs, grammys, UN, jacket shooting, music shows, tour vlogs, performance videos etc) are free on their YouTube channel bangtantv. behind the scenes of their concert and traveling shows are under a paywall. I must have forgotten something but the point is that we have a lot of free content

• It’s a YouTube content type of show that the other groups you mentioned occasionally do during comeback too.

In their whole career exo had only 1 free and easily accessible show on YouTube lol

Edit: oh wait it is actually 2! There is that one mnet show exo was used to promote sm rookies (nct members while they were rookies). And exo showtime, while they were rookies.

• What kind of shows are under a paywall?

I can talk about bts. Their variety show run bts is free, but there's a bonus footage that's under a paywall. Suga's talk show suchwita is free too. Behind the scenes of various content (mvs, grammys, UN, jacket shooting, music shows, tour vlogs, performance videos etc) are free on their YouTube channel bangtantv. behind the scenes of their concert and traveling shows are under a paywall. I must have forgotten something but the point is that we have a lot of free content

I wouldn't mind if this was also the case for exo.

SM usually puts their shows on some nugu channels people barely have access to.

• I wouldn't mind if this was also the case for exo.

SM usually puts their shows on some nugu channels people barely have access to.

sm makes everything complicated.

Upload all videos on one or two platforms. All (free and paid) bts content is uploaded on weverse and free content is uploaded on YouTube. We can watch run bts (variety show that is free) on both weverse and youtube, and run bts+ that is under a paywall is only available on weverse.

I don't know about other groups but i think it's the same for txt and le sserafim. Maybe it's for all hybe artists? Perhaps.

But they need to make lt less complicated

• Well as you can see sm can make it less complicated, they just won't budge for exo (I am not sure how it is for other idols in sm) lol

I wonder if sm will upload content on wevers now that they joined the platform. If it is for free I will visit.

• Well as you can see sm can make it less complicated, they just won't budge for exo (I am not sure how it is for other idols in sm) lol

I wonder if sm will upload content on wevers now that they joined the platform. If it is for free I will visit.

Sm hates exo, maybe they won't even bother.

Oh, yeah, i forgot that sm artists joined weverse. Let's hope that makes things less complicated and that they will upload content. Has anything been uploaded so far?

• I wouldn't mind if this was also the case for exo.

Well as you can see sm can make it less complicated, they just won't budge for exo

Sm hates exo, maybe they won't even bother.

that's not an exo thing

NCT life, NCT world, NCT lastart, Aespa synk road etc.... are all unavailable on platform like youtube etc...

they are only available to international fans for free because Fanbase decided to upload the videos for free with eng sub in different platform to give access to people who couldn't watch this show

All SM groups are in the same case when it comes to reality show

and the RIIZE videos uploaded isn't even a reality show or something else

just a youtube content like exo already had during the promotion of cream soda, or the little show they did on youtube with Kai acting like he's doing audition again

or how aespa and nct have available for fans on youtube

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• As I already said, but you failed to read, I don't know how it is for other idols under sm and to be honest with you idgaf. All I know is thay compared to other sm idols, especially sm boy groups who have tons of content all the time, exo barely gets anything.

SM could be smarter about this and if they want exclusive content, they should at least uploadit on platforms which are more accessible to bigger audience.

• As I already said, but you failed to read, I don't know how it is for other idols under sm and to be honest with you idgaf. All I know is thay compared to other sm idols, especially sm boy groups who have tons of content all the time, exo barely gets anything.

SM could be smarter about this and if they want exclusive content, they should at least uploadit on platforms which are more accessible to bigger audience.

perhaps in comparison of NCT maybe because they have more member to do rotational content

but if you look overall EXO actually is one of the group who gets the most content with NCT

in comparison of SM gg for example, EXO actually have much more content

they get recurrent behind the scene recording everytime they comeback or one of the members gets a solo comeback

Aespa only had one for DCT, and between DCT and spicy they had nothing

Red velvet didn't had any regular viddeo uploaded on their channel until recently

for example it took Exo 7 months to get 60 videos uploaded on their official channel

Aespa also got 60 videos

while RV got 60 videos in 12 months

Hyoyeon got 8 videos in 11 months

Taeyeon got 12 videos uploaded in 1 years

Super junior got 28 videos in 1 year

etc....

I can go on and on about some sm idols barely getting nothing

so i must admit that as fan of other idols under SM that's quite annoying to see some users regularly complaining and acting like Exo are getting nothing and comparing to other sm idols

when looking at the fact in teerm of contents EXO-L are some of the fandom under SM the most well feed

I understand that everybody wants to get more content for their favs

but it's acted in so much bad faith to have the guts to say that compare to other SM idols , EXO barely gets anything

when they are pretty much tie with Aespa as the #2 groups under SM who got the most content in the shortest amount of time

so yes if you want to complain do it, but stop always being here comparing to other acts with comment like " Compare to other SM idols EXO got nothing" when it's absolutely not true

• NCT life, NCT world, NCT lastart, Aespa synk road etc.... are all unavailable on platform like youtube etc...

they are only available to international fans for free because Fanbase decided to upload the videos for free with eng sub in different platform to give access to people who couldn't watch this show

So they make content that's only made for korean market completely ignoring the international one? I hope i misunderstood you because that's stupid as hell. what platforms are they on?

I hate hybe with passion bit at least they get what content they should give to fans. We have so much (free) content, it's hard to keep up.

• So they make content that's only made for korean market completely ignoring the international one? I hope i misunderstood you because that's stupid as hell. what platforms are they on?

I hate hybe with passion bit at least they get what content they should give to fans. We have so much (free) content, it's hard to keep up.

yes, it is paid content for kr

and it is what SM always do ^^

There is a reason why SM falls behind JYP, YG, and HYBE in the Western market.

• So they make content that's only made for korean market completely ignoring the international one? I hope i misunderstood you because that's stupid as hell. what platforms are they on?

I don't know about the other groups but I watched all NCT life seasons for free in vlive with English subtitles.

Anyway, fortunately, you'll never catch me complain about NCT's free content :pepe-flirt: they literally have tons of travel series and fun youtube content, parodieds, game shows and sports competitions available for free in YouTube with English subtitles.

2nd gen idols used to get content via variety and exposure on TV. So they are completely different. And bringing 2nd gen into the conversation when it’s completely irrelevant 😭

I’m going to leave out GG’s because in kpop itself there will always be different ways GG and BG will be handled.

That user is the perfect example of how fake news can be presented as real news. EXO getting more content than TVXQ is completely irrelevant to the conversation.

In comparison to their peers NCT don’t have drastically less content and it doesn’t look like RIIZE will either where as EXO had drastically less content compared to many other groups that debuted along with them and few years around them. This is just a fact. There is nothing to argue here. Everyone and their mothers know this. That’s all there is to it.

That’s why people say EXO got the least from SM. You are compared to how you get treated with other groups that debuted along with you or in your generation. EXO is laughably lacking compared to others of their generation and it looks like that’s a mistake SM only made with EXO.

• yes, it is paid content for kr

and it is what SM always do ^^

There is a reason why SM falls behind JYP, YG, and HYBE in the Western market.

Two days ago i listened to the 7th sense for the first time, a song released 7 years ago, and it didn't have eng subs :| boss, released 5 years ago doesn't have it too :| Weird. I assume it's the same for other groups which makes no sense. nobody in sm thought it would be a nice idea to add eng subs for previous mvs

• I don't know about the other groups but I watched all NCT life seasons for free in vlive with English subtitles.

Anyway, fortunately, you'll never catch me complain about NCT's free content :pepe-flirt: they literally have tons of travel series and fun youtube content, parodieds, game shows and sports competitions available for free in YouTube with English subtitles.

Vlive doesn't exist anymore, is there another platform to watch that show for free? Groups get new fans everyday, they couldn't have watched back then because they weren't fans

Are they uploaded on official channels or are they subbed by fans? If the former than It seems that sm doesn't give the same amount of content for every group

• Vlive doesn't exist anymore, is there another platform to watch that show for free? Groups get new fans everyday, they couldn't have watched back then because they weren't fans

Are they uploaded on official channels or are they subbed by fans? If the former than It seems that sm doesn't give the same amount of content for every group

Of course they're gone with vlive but afaik they weren't uploaded anywhere else (except for one season that was already available in youtube because it was in collaboration with the ministry of tourism) so I guess people will have to rely on fan translations and download links 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone know if other companies reuploaded old vlive content elsewhere?

About your last remark, I've no idea about that since 'NCT is the only SM or kpop group whose shows I watch but I'm sure their concept and number plays a big role in it. For example if 127, Dream and WayV each have one travel show and one reality show per year that's already 6 shows lol. Not to mention the cross unit shows and individual member vlogs and fixed shows (like Johnny's JCC). It's 3+ groups' content packaged in one.

• What kind of shows are under a paywall?

Bts’s bon voyage is an example of what’s considered as a reality/variety show and it was free on Vlive (and now weverse I think?). Another example is Blackpink’s house. It used to be on YT.

The variety/reality shows of groups like aespa, exo, and RV (similar content to bon voyage) are not free, and not only that but they’re usually not available to international fans even if they want to pay to watch.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• That user is the perfect example of how fake news can be presented as real news. EXO getting more content than TVXQ is completely irrelevant to the conversation.

In comparison to their peers NCT don’t have drastically less content and it doesn’t look like RIIZE will either where as EXO had drastically less content compared to many other groups that debuted along with them and few years around them. This is just a fact. There is nothing to argue here. Everyone and their mothers know this. That’s all there is to it.

If they compared amount of content other sm boy groups had and exo they would know what exols are saying . But heyyyyyy, how to explain to sm stans not everything is fair in sm and that exo, sm most successful group, didn't get enough push group on that level of fame and success deserved?

• In their whole career exo had only 1 free and easily accessible show on YouTube lol

Edit: oh wait it is actually 2! There is that one mnet show exo was used to promote sm rookies (nct members while they were rookies). And exo showtime, while they were rookies.

Ik exo get the least content. This is not my point.

The things OP brought up as an example of Riize’s variety aren’t even shows. They’re YouTube content where they set down, look at the screen, and read a script related to the concept they’re doing this CB.

NCT is the only 3rd/4th gen group from SM that got free accessible shows so far.

lt64IYu.gif

• Of course they're gone with vlive but afaik they weren't uploaded anywhere else (except for one season that was already available in youtube because it was in collaboration with the ministry of tourism) so I guess people will have to rely on fan translations and download links 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone know if other companies reuploaded old vlive content elsewhere?

Run bts was initially a vlive show. It got re-uploaded to weverse and while vlive still existed you could watch it on both. I don't remember when it got uploaded to youtube but it was recent-ish. Maybe nct (sm) vlive content will also get reupload to weverse too. Let's wait and see

About your last remark, I've no idea about that since 'NCT is the only SM or kpop group whose shows I watch but I'm sure their concept and number plays a big role in it. For example if 127, Dream and WayV each have one travel show and one reality show per year that's already 6 shows lol. Not to mention the cross unit shows and individual member vlogs and fixed shows (like Johnny's JCC). It's 3+ groups' content packaged in one.

Lol. Nct really have a lot of members, i assume it's hard to get starved of content lol

I'm also not sure about other hybe artists because like you i only follow one group, and i don't plan to follow all Hybe artists just to check what content they have uploaded (you need to follow artists to see the library). But i assume it's the same as bts

• Run bts was initially a vlive show. It got re-uploaded to weverse and while vlive still existed you could watch it on both. I don't remember when it got uploaded to youtube but it was recent-ish. Maybe nct (sm) vlive content will also get reupload to weverse too. Let's wait and see

Lol. Nct really have a lot of members, i assume it's hard to get starved of content lol

I'm also not sure about other hybe artists because like you i only follow one group, and i don't plan to follow all Hybe artists just to check what content they have uploaded (you need to follow artists to see the library). But i assume it's the same as bts

It would be interesting to have confirmation whether idols/groups themselves have a say on whether they want to have variety shows or if it's entirely a company's decision. During 2nd generation for example, Super Junior had infinitely more variety content than TVXQ, but it definitely wasn't because SM favored SJ lol. So I have always wondered if this was the groups' own decision (SJ were natural variety stars while tvxq were honestly boring and awkward) or whether it was because of the way SM promoted each group (tvxq mysterious and expensive, SJ goofy)

But then again, 2nd generation was different since it relied on TV shows and I imagine getting actually invited plays a role in it and the idol's own talent for variety play a role in that in turn.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!