do you consider BLACKPINK as one of the world top act ?

• with the recent successful tour with multiple stadium dates all around the world, proves that blackpink definitely have strong fandom and recognition. so, do you consider BLACKPINK as one of the top act in the world among other legend like Bieber, BTS, Bruno, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce and Taylor Swift... or not yet ?

edit : okay i think its a little bit reaching to put them on the same tier as the BEYONCE & TAYLOR SWIFT so lemme rephrase back the list..

other legend like ARIANA GRANDE, BILLIE EILISH, CARLIE PUTH, SHAKIRA, JLO, JONAS BROTHER, MILEY CYRUS, WILL I AM etc

• yes they are. they are the biggest in asia but you are comparing them to western artists and a kpop group that has promoted exclusively in united states.

anyone who can sell out stadiums in every possible continent is a world top act. it's a no brainer.

• what other top act do you think on the same level like blackpink... ariana? selena? miley? travis? or none :sweat:

I can't really give a proper gauge. I could be wrong, yes they sell a lot of albums, a lot of shows, but msic wise they don't seem to have a "mainstream impact" like many other names. Selena I wouldn't count her considering she doesnt even seem like she's focusing on music.

Those other names you mentioned are somewhat lower their than those in your OP tho. Travis, I don't know her

The Summer That “I Don't Know Her” Became the Most Crushing Celebrity |  Vanity Fair

• No

If in 2021 it competed against BTS it would have become one of the world's top acts

But Yang was more happy collecting the money distributing BTS' music to run BlackPink on that crucial year

A certain domesticist, whom I won't name, was in the top 9 most awarded singers of the year on 2021. BlackPink was not there

• to be perfectly objective no i don't think

last time i stumble on an article of forbes about the highest grossing concert tour in 2023 and i saw groups like red hot chilli peppers, bruce springsteen etc...

and none of them can be consider as one of the world top act even if they are able to have some of the biggest grossing concert tour in the world

big following doesn't give you the name of top world act imo

unless their names is able to be know by people who aren't interested in kpop, their music plays on a daily basis in radio, and their songs being able to be play everywhere and you would just know the song

their name can be compare to such big names like taylor swift, ariana grande, justin bieber, bad bunny etc... so no they can't be consider as one of the world top act yet

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• yes they are. they are the biggest in asia but you are comparing them to western artists and a kpop group that has promoted exclusively in united states.

anyone who can sell out stadiums in every possible continent is a world top act. it's a no brainer.

Acting like BTS don’t do Japanese releases, never did music shows, don’t bother getting interviews by Indonesian and Filipino channels, never promoted in UK or got interviews done by bbc and performed on their shows etc.

BTS has promoted everywhere like every other kpop group under the sun. Take your bitter arse somewhere else :pepe-clown-gear:

• Not S tier in the West, but the West is just one part of the world.

In Asia (continent with the biggest population) they are.

I mean, Jisoo was number 1 on global 200 just earlier this year.

Global 200 >> Hot 100 in my book, because it's global and not just 1 country.

• Acting like BTS don’t do Japanese releases, never did music shows, don’t bother getting interviews by Indonesian and Filipino channels, never promoted in UK or got interviews done by bbc and performed on their shows etc.

BTS has promoted everywhere like every other kpop group under the sun. Take your bitter arse somewhere else :pepe-clown-gear:

i'm not taking my arse anywhere. it doesn't change the fact they didn't do any concerts in 2022 other than united states and their home country. (post covid time,could have easily done dome tours) . idc about some cheap promo every kpop group does.

• i'm not taking my arse anywhere. it doesn't change the fact they didn't do any concerts in 2022 other than united states and their home country. (post covid time,could have easily done dome tours) . idc about some cheap promo every kpop group does.

Not you acting as if big stadium concerts were allowed all over Asia in the majority of 2022.

Japan only removed their Covid rules a few months ago.

Trying to downplay BTS with weird arguments has never worked, not matter with what desperation people have done so for more than 10 years :happyr:

• Here is the list of 2022 concert revenue worldwide. BTS #17 (amazing given only 7 shows). Blackpink not listed, but we need to wait until the beginning of 2024 so we can see what their 2023 concert revenue is. At the end of the day Western artists still reign in terms of worldwide concert sales. I’m sure Taylor will be #1 for 2023.

8A250B5C-9871-45AA-83B5-07F7D5734F7C.png

shouldn't we wait for the 2023 update though? they started doing more stadiums this year

they will do better on the list

still they made the girl group/female list in 2022

vlv12Zl.png

• I don't really put them in the same level as BTS like most other kpop fans and BTS has the weakest global hits among the others acts op mentioned but at least they have dynamite and butter which charted in the top 5 all over the world but BP does not have such a song.

Another thing about the USA market, notice how most global acts are from NA and blew up in the USA first before going global. Now look at adele, bad bunny and ed etc. They were huge in their native countries before but they were only considered global after breaking into the USA market. So you have to conquer USA in order to be global whether you like it or not. This market alone can propel you to global fame (post Malone, cardi b, lil nas) and USA is BP's weakest market.

• i'm not taking my arse anywhere. it doesn't change the fact they didn't do any concerts in 2022 other than united states and their home country. (post covid time,could have easily done dome tours) . idc about some cheap promo every kpop group does.

They couldn't do that much concerts in 2022 because of COVID. Jin was already in military before the prohibitions were lifted. If they were allowed to, they would do something similar or even bigger than their MOTS tour. Do you really think BigHit would willingly miss the chance to do concerts in a bigger scale than what they did in 2022? They waited but they had to cancel it eventually.

IMG_20230823_200352.jpg

• I would definitely consider them a top act among the Kpop girl groups BUT they have not yet reached the BTS tour power of a rapidly quick selling out of stadiums whether in their homeland or North America, Europe and Asia. And I mean . . . . . quickly as in never reaching the General Public Sale. Just my opinion.

They also have not matched with the overall top western artists:

273581-8a250b5c-9871-45aa-83b5-07f7d5734f7c-png

• like most everything else my friend the question is what does a person consider "a top act" - ie. what are the metrics and data and criteria used to determine topness and the weightings of such.

blah blah blah

etc etc etc

nothing which I haven't said before

• I don't really put them in the same level as BTS like most other kpop fans and BTS has the weakest global hits among the others acts op mentioned but at least they have dynamite and butter which charted in the top 5 all over the world but BP does not have such a song.

Another thing about the USA market, notice how most global acts are from NA and blew up in the USA first before going global. Now look at adele, bad bunny and ed etc. They were huge in their native countries before but they were only considered global after breaking into the USA market. So you have to conquer USA in order to be global whether you like it or not. This market alone can propel you to global fame (post Malone, cardi b, lil nas) and USA is BP's weakest market.

Bad Bunny imho is not a global act. Even in Europe he's only know in spanish speaking countries plus some other Latin speaking countries like Italy and maybe France.veven in Brazil he's hardly that big.

I think he's kinda like Bigbang, absolutely owns his local market (America) but left a lot to be desired outside it.

• Bad Bunny imho is not a global act. Even in Europe he's only know in spanish speaking countries plus some other Latin speaking countries like Italy and maybe France.veven in Brazil he's hardly that big.

I think he's kinda like Bigbang, absolutely owns his local market (America) but left a lot to be desired outside it.

Brazil is not the only country in the America’s… him and The Weeknd have been challenging each other for most streamed artist for years now.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Not you acting as if big stadium concerts were allowed all over Asia in the majority of 2022.

Japan only removed their Covid rules a few months ago.

Trying to downplay BTS with weird arguments has never worked, not matter with what desperation people have done so for more than 10 years :happyr:

there is no down play. theres nothing wrong with admitting they only bothered to promote in united states only in the end for the sake of hybe. why r u acting like japan wasn't open in 2022?

• I would definitely consider them a top act among the Kpop girl groups BUT they have not yet reached the BTS tour power of a rapidly quick selling out of stadiums whether in their homeland or North America, Europe and Asia. And I mean . . . . . quickly as in never reaching the General Public Sale. Just my opinion.

They also have not matched with the overall top western artists:

273581-8a250b5c-9871-45aa-83b5-07f7d5734f7c-png

already replied about this in another post this is 2022 blackpink started to have more stadiums concerts in 2023 we have to see for 2023 and I personally think they aren't that much lower than bts with all due respect blackpink still has the highest grossing concert by a kpop group.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• TWICE also in the same list you mentioned so do you consider them a top act also ?

and bts >>>>>>>>>>>>>bp i see both bp and their fans are delusional

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!