KPop Domination of the World, Sep 01, 2020 - Mar 20, 2023 - causes of its fall

• KPop domination world started on

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Around Sep 1, 2020

and it ended on

688425511_bts-blackpink-harry-styles_1280*720.jpg

When Kim Namjoon, Kim Taehyung, Min Yoongi and Jun Jungkook, as well as BlackPink's Jennie Kim, surrendered to Harry Styles, arguably the most popular pop star of the world after BTS. It is interesting that the one person who was the most responsible party for the downfall of the KPop Conquest of the World did not bother to show up.

Historians will have a hard time describing the Era of KPop domination of the world.

Unlike the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna or even Mariah Carey, even BackStreet Boys whose "As long as you love me" is remembered after 26 years, BTS only had one genuine hit during its world domination era, Dynamite, which is probably going to be the only enduring song commemorating the KPop domination era.

Because of Bang's bizarre strategy after the lockdown lessened at the end of 2021, it had only a couple grand concerts before it began to be dragged into the military forces.

Worse, other acts did not jump into the trends quick enough. YG did nothing till mid-2022 , and while JYP did more than expected (JYP is always a bit slower than other companies following trends) and successfully promoted Twice in USA which led to its second stage of career, free from K-O-R-E-A-N influence finally, it was too little, too late.

The 4th gen acts are not even leaving K-O-R-E-A yet. At most some attempts in Japan, the trap of all girl groups from K-O-R-E-A.

KPop is no longer the dominant genre of pop around the world.

K-O-R-E-A-N, mostly male, fans who invented such poor excuse to drag BTS to the military that it would have a long and successful career. I have to say that whoever came out with that idea probably failed at math in grade school.

Given the rapid erosion of KPop's world dominance in the last few months, I had demonstrated that BTS' popularity by end of this year would be about 50% of what it was at its height, and 25% of that by end of next year. I miscalculated - by the end of 2024 it will be lucky to retain just 10% of what it lost thanks to the K-O-R-E-A-N incels.

4 years at its height would have been 400. Even if BTS promotes for another 40 years, it will NEVER make up the years it lost thanks to the K-O-R-E-A-N-S, who threw a salt on BTS's face by viewing more videos of the singer who is most responsible for ending the KPop Domination of the World than its.

I think that is what led Kim Namjoon and co to make swallow their bitter pill and go to surrender to Harry Styles.

Twice and BlackPink are also mature acts who have one more round of contract at best. While newer acts are just stuck in the Japanese trap.

Given the way things are going, it will be quite hard to see another KPop act dominating the world.

At the height of KPop's world domination, KPop companies, thinking about immediate profits, failed to seize the moment and wasted time in Japan and K-O-R-E-A, which led to the singer most responsible for ending KPop receiving the most glory.

What would be the legacy of all that?

My morale is:

If a great trend comes from a minor country but it fails to severe all ties with it, the trend will be consumed by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!