Based on itzy's album spoiler/teaser do you think it will be a hit or a flop 🤔

• Predict 33

1. Hit song (14) 42%
    2. Flop song (19) 58%

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it sounds like a pretty plain and "normal" song, it does not seem very catchy imo which i think is usually necessary for a song to become hit.

• It will not be a hit. I question JYPEs ability to pick title tracks these days honestly. I mean the songs aren’t terrible but if the goal is getting a song to chart then yeah they obviously aren’t succeeding. Now the groups are still selling well so it’s not a complete failure but you need songs to do well on charts too. Twice can’t chart as high as they used to and JYP really has no group right now that is looking like they can replace them. Nmixx had a great song last comeback but fell flat with an honestly boring song this comeabck. Itzys does not sound much better.

• psychic lover sounds fun. other b-sides are basic.

cake is giving me gidle vibes. hope it’s a hit tho! itzy had unfortunate luck with a few bad songs (loco was still good). they just didn’t fully recover digitally yet, but there’s still some hope after sneakers run

• what happened?

how come only 2 members are included in so called Album Spoiler video which is so long?

don't get me wrong I don't have anything against Yeji and Ryujin but damn... this feels like their own special for Studio Choom or something rather than album spoiler...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• what happened?

how come only 2 members are included in so called Album Spoiler video which is so long?

don't get me wrong I don't have anything against Yeji and Ryujin but damn... this feels like their own special for Studio Choom or something rather than album spoiler...

I think it's a good way to hype a cb, Ryeji Studio choom video was viral, so they as a dance duo has a lot of impact. More interesting for casual listeners than a bunch of album photos in the background.

• they should have gone with psychic lover as the title track if they want good charting.

kill shot also sounds like it has potential.

From what I heard of cake - that would not have been my first choice.

Also they should have featured all members in that video. Puzzling choice not to do so.

• I've watched the duo's studio choom dance performance more times than any of their MVs.

I've also rewatched this teaser multiple times already and I almost never do that, so the teaser is a visual bop!

:mesmerized-bee:

As far as Cake, we shall see. There's a thread up lamenting that JYP is not doing so hot charting. So do people not see why they made Cake the title track?

"I’m a kwinka, I’m a kwinka, I’m a I’m a I’m a kwinka I'm a kwinka (take a photo)

I’m a kwinka, I’m a kwinka, I’m a I’m a I’m a kwinka I'm a kwinka"

"I'm super shy, super shy

But wait a minute while I make you mine, make you mine

Tteollineun jigeumdo, you're on my mind, all the time

I wanna tell you but, I'm super shy, super shy" x 2

"Cake cake cake cake cake. Issa issa cake cake cake cake cake.

Cake cake cake cake cake. Yeah, piece of cake cake cake cake cake."

:pepe-use-head:

Remember, some couldn't take Queencard or Super Shy seriously at first listen either. I'm a wait wait wait wait wait for Cake to come out b4 judging.

• Dont forget:

Urimanui jayuroun nineteen's kitsch
    Uri-urimanui jayuroun nineteen's kitsch
    Urimanui jayuroun nineteen's kitsch
    Uri-urimanui jayuroun nineteen's kitsch
    Kitsch, kitsch, kitsch, kitsch, kitsch, kitsch, kitsch

• Hmm... (G)I-DLE, NJ, now IVE... LSF repeated "unforgiven" and Spicy repeated "spai-cee"

I think we have identified a pattern shared amongst the last few chart toppers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…s-repeat-words-again.html

the problem isn't the repeated chorus, it was always a thing who worked in Kpop during 2nd gen, 3rd gen and 4th gen

and all the songs you mention do have repeated chorus, but what makes them stand out from Cake is their instru

none of the instru used in the chorus of these songs sounds as bad than CAKE instru

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• the problem isn't the repeated chorus, it was always a thing who worked in Kpop during 2nd gen, 3rd gen and 4th gen

and all the songs you mention do have repeated chorus, but what makes them stand out from Cake is their instru

none of the instru used in the chorus of these songs sounds as bad than CAKE instru

External Content twitter.com

The instruments are not bad, interesting certainly.

• jype, fans, casuals, everyone seems confused about itzy's identity

maybe the members themselves are. too

it doesnt feel like itzy has anything they are passionate about and want to offer, and as a result, are not attracting ANY crowd, niche or not

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• External Content twitter.com

i was not trying to say the instru itself is bad but more like it's bad in the sense that it doesn't fit with the chorus

The instru would be a banger if it was a singing chorus and not just repeting the same word

All the songs who repeat the same word in the chorus are addictive because the instru and the chorus fit so well with each other

But that's not the case of cake, like just listening to the instru i would never think of having them repeat the word cake 6 times

It's just not harmonious for me

• You said the instrument is bad at first, now you are sidetracking. Repeated songs became a trend, just like the examples given by the friend above. I think there is no difference. For some reason, this kind of song becomes a problem when Itzy is released this type song. :rolleyes:

• You said the instrument is bad at first, now you are sidetracking. Repeated songs became a trend, just like the examples given by the friend above. I think there is no difference. For some reason, this kind of song becomes a problem when Itzy is released this type song. :rolleyes:

Like who said the fact that itzy doing repetead chorus is a problem ?? Absolutely nobody 😑😑

Why are you suddenly trying to act like everybody have a problem with itzy jumping on the trend

And you are actually playing deaf not trying to understand that people doesn't care abt itzy jumping on the trend , but have a problem with the song and the choice they did by going for this song as the title track 🙄

The complaints are just that if you want to do repetead chorus do it well

With a chorus and an instru who actually sound harmonious together in comparison of what they are trying to do with Cake

And this complaints is a complain share by fans and non fans on twitter

• They pulled out a very small part of the song and how did some of them immediately come to the claim that the song was bad? verses can be very good or bad. I find it more make sense to be judging the song after the was released. The Cake Cake part might be the typical title track chorus. I'm waiting the verses of the song. Chorus simple and but catchy thats it. I haven't heard any problems with the harmony, the instrument parts fit very well. When I listened to the instrument parts separately, I realized the instruments. There is nothing extreme as you said in that part.

• They pulled out a very small part of the song and how did some of them immediately come to the claim that the song was bad? verses can be very good or bad. I find it more make sense to be judging the song after the was released. The Cake Cake part might be the typical title track chorus. I'm waiting the verses of the song. Chorus simple and but catchy thats it. I haven't heard any problems with the harmony, the instrument parts fit very well. When I listened to the instrument parts separately, I realized the instruments. There is nothing extreme as you said in that part.

glad for you

All i know is that the whole point of an album medley is to hype the public about the song and for the moment the Bside sound wayyy better than cake, and for the moment i really dislike cake just based on the part i just heard

And if the cake cake part is the chorus then yes i do think i will not like the song even if the chorus are good just like i didn't kitsch and never played the song again because i didn't like the chorus even if the verse were incredible

So you've been quoting me for the past hour because i said i don't find the chorus harmonious because i don't find the chorus and the instru go well together ?

What do you expect some apologize for not having the same expectations and taste than you in music

You want to hear from me that i'm sorry that my ears don't find things as harmonius as you dif 🙄🙄🙄

• External Content twitter.com

I didn't agree with the other poster till I heard that tweet.

Now I do agree, that tweet has convinced me - those instruments are terrible.

Sounds like a 8-bit version of Mandy Moore's in my pocket backup track. That muted brass instrument is anemic.

• Coming from nostradamus themselves who correctly predicted that queencard and spicy would become hits just from listening to the leak (queencard) and teaser (spicy) even tho it wasn’t a popular opinion at the time to say the least (:pepe-flirt:), my final prediction is cake sounds like it has a lot of potential to blow up in this current social media climate. It definitely has that ear worm factor with just a hint of obnoxious repetition to attach itself to your brain, and if jyp plays their cards right i think itzy will make a lot of people eat their words this summer

Btw the instrumental is very reminiscent of fifth harmony’s worth it and that song was a huge hit so :pepe-flirt:

External Content youtube.com

Edited 2 times, last by whig ().

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!