When I once made a lyric analysis on ATEEZ's 'ZERO: Fever Part 1' album

• I actually wrote this on a different forum a year ago.

I'm probably going to do this with that album that ATEEZ releases in July too.

Ateez_Fever_Part_1.jpg

Dear Diary: 2016.07.29

Kind of feels like a short story written in prose, but I think it can be considered an "narrative poem", because it is a poem telling a story. And it is different from the others in the album.
    It is also the only "song" in the album, which isn't a song and none of the ATEEZ members are in it. It is just a girl's voice telling us a story.
    I think the other songs are considered "lyric poems", but of course, they are song lyrics.

KQ says that this is "ATEEZ's spinoff starts with the diary that the members wrote before they became ATEEZ."

Because of some of the "films", I have seen, I think it could be Hongjoong's diary.

FEVER

I think the "fever" actually symbolizes the psychological and emotional pain that young people face in the world. And they are trying to "let go of the pain". In the end of the song, they do let go of it.
    Maybe the letting go part means that they are getting older and they

Reading the English translation makes me realize why Seonghwa considers it to be his comfort song and why Hongjoong cried while writing that song. (heard this from an other ATINY, but I don't know where they got that information from).

KQ says: "It tells the story of the boys wandering about with fever. The anxious, trembling, wandering, heart-stopping moments of the boys expressed as a long summer night. Their stories about feelings and moments that were as beautiful as they were, the days that were painful and heartbreaking, the day's sleeping heat has awakened again."

THANXX

About when the older generation is being judgmental about the younger generation or when they pretend to know everything just because they are older. (or at least that is what I often have interpreted this song as)

"What do you wanna do"
    "What do you wanna be when you grow up"
    I don’t know, it’s my first time
    I think I’ll know once I get to live a little more

This part reminds me of the part of the "diary", where it says:

“What is your dream?”
    As if my dreams explained who I am
    When I said I had no dream
    The look on the adult’s face was like the child with no name

I think this part is trying to say that it is okay, if you don't have a specific dream or if you don't know what you want to do when you get older.

KQ says: "The members also give advice through witty lyrics to those who shout that only their standards are correct. The colorful rap adds to the fun of listening to the song, and the powerful chorus and performance afterward clearly show the charm of the wild and free-spirited ATEEZ."

TO THE BEAT

I interpreted this to be about "partying hard"

KQ says: "There's a confident message to get rid of the rules surrounding us and to dance along with them."

Reading what KQ says, it gives me a bit different interpretion.
    Which is "forget all the bad thoughts and just dance."

I wonder if "And shout out louder Figaro" is a reference to the character Figaro from The Barber of Seville, but I'm not that familiar with that play.
    According to a dictionary, Figaro means "an adroit and unscrupulous intriguer."
    But I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it.

INCEPTION

A love poem.
    This is obviously about being in love because of "I'm in love"
    I interpret it as being a song about falling in love with someone, and then wanting to see that person again. And this person is compared to a dream.

The title is "Inception", because it is about first love. (or first romantic love)
    Because of the "You didn’t know me, after I bumped into you", I interpret this about being about one-sided love.
    I assume most of the times someone's first love is actually one-sided. (mine was one-sided too)

Another reason why the song is called Inception is also because it is inspired by the 2010 movie with the same name, and it was that movie's 10th anniversary that month the song was released.
    I still haven't watched that movie yet, but one of the movie's theme is "reality and dreams".

KQ says: " "INCEPTION," which combines softness and intensity, is an urban-style EDM song that expresses the longing for an unattainable being as if one had a dream in a dream."

Good Lil Boy

Now I realize that this is connected to the "diary"
    In Good Lil Boy, it says:

Hey, little boy
    Why you look down?
    Look straight ahead
    It's flaring up

And in the diary:

As I was walking, a child came up to me and started talking to me.
    “There is nothing on the floor to look at, raise your head up.”

This entire song could be from the perspective of the child that the "diary writer" meets.
    And I interpret this song about being young, and the lyrics are kind of "childish" in a way.

You'll know when you're a little taller
    I'm sick of those words
    Why should I know that I don't want it,
    I will enjoy it now

The part mentioned above, makes me think of the THANXX lyrics.

KQ says that it "contains a message that says, "Let's keep running in the rough world." They removed the stereotypes from the adults who only forced them to grow up along a set path and expressed their willingness to do so with exciting and cheerful rhythms and direct accreditation."

This song feels like a more optimistic version of FEVER to me.

One Day At A Time

Jut like the diary, it is written in English.
    The reason why it is in English, is because it has an important message.

It has lyrics that are comforting,
    Or the protagonist is saying comforting words to the reader.
    This song is like a hug.

It think the song fits very well to the stuff that was going on in the world.
    And the pandemic is also affecting the mental health of some people.

KQ says: "'You'll be alright, just take it slow' A Moombahton rhythm-based R&B song that contains a message that we should rely on each other to survive in difficult situations."

1603327585-20200720-ateez.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!