NewJeans might have the strongest dance line I've seen from any girl group

• Because their dance line is literally the entire group. Each member absolutely murdered this dance off stage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I can't forget all the special dance breaks they've done at pretty much every major show they've been to.

Just a couple stages I remember off the top of my head

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't know if I've seen anyone here really shout out their collective dancing skills. It's damn impressive.

EDIT: Forgot to consider XG. If they count, they trump everybody, and I think they're the most talented girl group in pop right now.

• Idk if they’re individually more skilled compared to others. But watching them dance together is just so satisfying. Rather than sole credit to the girls themselves I think new jeans really does have some of the best choreographers for a GG for me personally. All their choreos are so satisfying and fun. They haven’t missed.

• I'm not going to make a judgement yet.

I'm waiting for the MVs to drop before I watch any performances.

But, off the top of my head, I can name ITZY, Kep1er, NMIXX (pre-Jinni's departure), and Baemon who is upcoming.

I'm not sure about LSFM's dance line individually like the groups I mentioned, but their dance performances are top-tier just like the groups I just mentioned.

I may have underestimated New Jeans since so far their choreography has focused on more on being trendy rather than performance based. But yeah, they have a tough line up to beat.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Kep1er's dance line is insanely underappreciated. Dayeon + Xiaoting + Hikaru + Yujin + Youngeun + Yeseo

:pepe-life-support::pepe-life-support:

• i want whatever your smokin

Only the best.

When did Itzy and Le Sserafim stop existing? NJ are good, but this is a set up.

I was aware of their existence prior to making this thread, but thanks for the reminder. I've seen Itzy in person. I like LSF as much as NJ.

I still have my opinion. You're free to have yours.

Lmao @ "set up"

Quite an insane take cause it makes no sense. Just say you like their dance more than other ggs lmao

I know you struggle with containing your rage at any perceived slight at your favorite group, but what on earth do you think "Group A may have the best dance line I've seen" means other than "I like Group A's dance line the most"?

Don't question my sanity when you can't even be rational.

• External Content youtu.be

I love watching them performing. I remember when this performance video dropped hours after their debut and I couldn't stop replaying

:lover1:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Youre literally projecting lmao I would never say Ive is the strongest group in dance when Loona, Nmixx, Le Sserafim and ITZY exist. In fact out of 4th gen I admit their dances are pretty weak.

One thing you will never see from me is being delusional. We're not the same

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Not you trying to set them up

:pepe-peek::pepe-peek::pepe-peek:

Kep1er's dance line is insanely underappreciated. Dayeon + Xiaoting + Hikaru + Yujin + Youngeun + Yeseo

I'm more than happy to see anything that could change my mind (like a video example of Kepler's dance line). I'm not married to my opinion, but it's the conclusion I've reached after seeing many, many girl groups come through over the years.

I have never cared about ruffling the feathers of fragile K-Pop fans who can't handle different opinions and viewpoints on the Internet.

• I was aware of their existence prior to making this thread, but thanks for the reminder. I've seen Itzy in person. I like LSF as much as NJ.

I still have my opinion. You're free to have yours.

Lmao @ "set up"

I didn't say you didn't like them. But giving any group a superlative in the "competitive" field kpop stans make kpop out to be is just asking for it. Better to say, "I think NJ are really strong dancers" - less chance it'll be taken the wrong way.

• Kep1er's dance line is insanely underappreciated. Dayeon + Xiaoting + Hikaru + Yujin + Youngeun + Yeseo

See, I was only aware of Dayeon, Xiaoting, Yeseo, and Hikaru. Those 4 alone clear and are AMAZING. I had no idea there were 2 more waiting in the wings even though I know of Youngeun's legendary Kick It performance.

But yeah, Kep1er's dance line is amazing, and I think it's obvious that people only acknowledge certain groups when they don't list Kep1er as one of the top dance and performance groups. It's unfortunate, but at least you and I (and some rogue leftover Kep1ians) know the truth lol.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I have never cared about ruffling the feathers of fragile K-Pop fans who can't handle different opinions and viewpoints on the Internet.

This already shows that there is no reasoning with you because what you basically do, to EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, is say "bitch your opinion sucks you cannot accept my opinion that I portray as a fact"

And I can assure you any video evidence that anyone post you will just say "oh they seem great but like I said in my OP this is MY OPINION and if you cannot handle MY OPINION then you are just a whiny ass bitch that cannot accept other people's viewpoint"

Take several seats, in fact take a sofa

Indivi sofa - Visit us for styling advice - BoConcept

• I didn't say you didn't like them. But giving any group a superlative in the "competitive" field kpop stans make kpop out to be is just asking for it. Better to say, "I think NJ are really strong dancers" - less chance it'll be taken the wrong way.

That would suggest I care about it being taken the wrong way; I don't. If people can't handle hot takes on a public forum, they can go join a discord server or subreddit to enjoy the comfort of their safe space echo chamber filled with like-minded fans who all share the same opinions 8)

I made it clear it's my opinion from the start. People are free to disagree with me and ideally give examples of groups with better dance lines, if they feel strongly about it.

A set up and superlative would be my saying "NewJeans are the best dance line in the history of K-Pop and nobody, past or present, comes close". If I wanted to choose violence, I'd choose that angle :evil:

• That would suggest I care about it being taken the wrong way; I don't. If people can't handle hot takes on a public forum, they can go join a discord server or subreddit to enjoy the comfort of their safe space echo chamber filled with like-minded fans who all share the same opinions 8)

I made it clear it's my opinion from the start. People are free to disagree with me and ideally give examples of groups with better dance lines, if they feel strongly about it.

A set up and superlative would be my saying "NewJeans are the best dance line in the history of K-Pop and nobody, past or present, comes close". If I wanted to choose violence, I'd choose that angle :evil:

Are u ok

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• You better give me a much higher quality sofa than that if you're going to ask me to sit on it.

I prefer premium leather, with an ottoman for my feet, and it would be ideal if there was a way to recline in the sofa as well.

I want to be nice and comfy while I laugh at people like you freaking out over opinions on the Internet, a place you've clearly spent too much time on to be overreacting the way you have so far.

• Youre literally projecting lmao I would never say Ive is the strongest group in dance when Loona, Nmixx, Le Sserafim and ITZY exist. In fact out of 4th gen I admit their dances are pretty weak.

One thing you will never see from me is being delusional. We're not the same

OP: NewJeans might have the strongest dance line I've seen from any girl group

catzi: haha no

OP: STFU YOUR FAVOURITE GROUP IVE SUCKS BALLS

:pepe-joy::pepe-peek::pepe-cringe::eyeroll-pepe:

• IDK if I'd call them the best but it's true people overlook NewJean's dancing, perhaps cause they were never marketed as a "dance group" like ITZY but if you actually look at their choreos especially OMG they have some of the hardest footwork of a GG since Gfriend

🍒 Chee~eer~ish 🍒

314f6d45bba4af73b4a09fde553ceeb7fefb3df2.gifv

• Actually I dead ass forgot XG existed, because I don't know if I consider them "K-Pop" so much as...well XGPop.

I have revised my opinion. XG has, by far, the best dance line (and rap line) I've seen from any girl group.

After that, I think it's NewJeans.

if you actually look at their choreos especially OMG they have some of the hardest footwork of a GG since Gfriend

Indeed. The infamous footwork for Haerin's solo dance part in OMG is a recipe for a sprained ankle. Maybe two.

• New jeans dances are more satisfying to look at than LSF and Itzy and I say that as a fan of those groups. This is why people are “predicting” NJ choreo with 1000s of tiktoks based on a few seconds teasers.

New Jeans really are that distinctive. Not that others don’t have good talent or good choreos but it definitively feels like NJ have their own style which sets them apart from everyone else.

• New jeans dances are more satisfying to look at than LSF and Itzy and I say that as a fan of those groups. This is why people are “predicting” NJ choreo with 1000s of tiktoks based on a few seconds teasers.

New Jeans really are that distinctive. Not that others don’t have good talent or good choreos but it definitively feels like NJ have their own style which sets them apart from everyone else.

For me their choreo is more playful and fun that gets people to dance along with them.

A lot of groups that have stronger dance lines like ITZY and LSFM have choreos to highlight their dance that are more precise and performative.

Whereas New Jeans dances are more, casual? Like you feel you can jump right into it with them and do it together with them even if you don't do it right, it feels relatable.

• For me their choreo is more playful and fun that gets people to dance along with them.

A lot of groups that have stronger dance lines like ITZY and LSFM have choreos to highlight their dance that are more precise and performative.

Whereas New Jeans dances are more, casual? Like you feel you can jump right into it with them and do it together with them even if you don't do it right, it feels relatable.

New Jeans dances remind me of early Twice.

Dances like Cheer Up, TT, Knock Knock, What is Love?, and YoY. They were cute, fun, and easy to follow, which made the GP more engaged to follow along. After Fancy, their choreography became more difficult and less easy to follow.

• For me their choreo is more playful and fun that gets people to dance along with them.

Stronger dance lines based on what lol. I don’t find those dance lines stronger than new jeans. Kpop idols are all great dancers esp 4th gen. Unless you put them on a dance face off directly youre not gonna know who’s better. The other groups have showcased a lot of what I’d like to call acrobatic dances no doubt about it. But tbh such a dance style has made kpop less interesting esp performance wise.

It does not speak about the complexity of the choreo of itself. NJ choreo are certainly not easier they are just more stylish than acrobatic.

• And then I am supposed to be the obsessed one lmaooo

They should stream

External Content youtu.be

I don't think the intended context of my thread landed (probably due to wording).

If I isolate girl groups to only their dance lines, I want to be clear that I do not think NewJeans have the strongest.

But with most girl groups, there are members better at singing and members better at dancing.

Just using my own favorite group as an example, Moonbyul and Wheein are much better dancers and faster at learning choreography than Solar or Hwasa.

And that's perfectly fine and normal.

NewJeans stand out to me due to the fact they don't really have a dancing hole

tl;dr the whole group is a dance line, and each member usually eats up any choreography they're handed, group or solo.

• They should stream

External Content youtu.be

I love that song.

But I would prefer to stream

• I love that song.

But I would prefer to stream

Song Of The Decade bish

;judgingpepe::lighter-pepe::pepe-dj:

• Are you talking about individual talent? Then they're gonna have an incredibly difficult time beating Itzy.

Are you talking about as a group? Then they're gonna have an incredibly difficult time beating Lesserafim.

To me, choreo plays a huge role. I think Hybe Boy has had its record breaking run because of its choreo, that is the song's strength not the song itself which is just decent. The song was sort of flopping behind Attention, Afterlike and Pink Venom last year, it wasnt until Chaeyeon posted this unbelievable cover that the song went viral.

External Content twitter.com

Notice how their songs with less lauded choreo have had mid longevity like OMG and Ditto.

• Chaeyeon should get some royalties deposited into her bank account for saving Hype Boy and pulling it up the charts with her cover 8)

To answer your question, I think their collective talent as dancers is top notch. In terms of group, LSF definitely has the edge in overall performance.

If it's strictly dancing exhibition, I'd take NewJeans.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!