It wouldn't take long before YG and JYP get acquired if other companies are able to acquire SM

• Even though SM is the 2nd/3rd biggest kpop company and is bigger compared to YG & JYP, it's now in a position where it will either be acquired by HYBE or Kakao.

With ikon and 4 out of 5 BigBang members gone, YG isn't that valued anymore. JYP has the lowest revenue among the big 3. How long will it take before another company like Kakao or HYBE gobbles them up? Is this the end of Big 3 domination?

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Nah. YG and Naver are thick as thieves. They own several business jointly. Their relationship runs deep and long.

Naver >>>>>>> Hybe, YG, SM, JYP

Naver and YG has a better relationship. There are some things about the YG/Naver relationship that most of the common Kpop fans don't know about.

Plus YG, Naver and Hybe are partners on several levels.

YG has invested in some of Hybe's subsidiaries. Hybe has invested in YGPlus. Naver has invested in both.

Plus, Hybe already has an extremely high debt ratio that may hurt them down the road. They've got massive debt by acquiring small labels and some of their business decisions are very questionable.

Doubt the SM thing is a real thing.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Realistically speaking, we don't know what can happen in these next 2 years. (Speaking this way, since things will switch up once BTS as a group is back in 2025)

Honestly I don't see JYP letting his company get taken like that, cuz he still the chairman at the end of the day. And its clear he wanna expand JYP.

YG no matter how down bad they are, they still have BlackPink who's the biggest girl group in the world, whether you like it or not, and it seems like BabyMonster is coming to bring in some money and prestige for the company too.

So YG going to go through what he go through...while also doing it on his own. He not gonna let no one kick him out..you see how he's back now, even after all the scandals and tainted name.

SM wouldn't even be doing this, if it wasn't for Sooman having shady people around. Cuz even he didn't want all this to happen.

I definitely believe the Big 3 wants to stay independent no matter what.

- this is me speaking unbiased btw -

• JYP has a higher valuation that SM so swallowing JYP would be harder to absorb by a stock trade. The fact that their sales is less is completely irrelevant. The stock value is all that matters. Also if HYBE was to try and take over YG, SM, and JYP. Then monopoly laws (I think they do exist in Korea) will kick in. As long as strong competition exists outside of HYBE then those laws don't trigger. Your mostly allowed to become the biggest through internally generated success but you are not allowed to BUY other people to crush competition.

• JYP has a higher valuation that SM so swallowing JYP would be harder to absorb by a stock trade. The fact that their sales is less is completely irrelevant. The stock value is all that matters. Also if HYBE was to try and take over YG, SM, and JYP. Then monopoly laws (I think they do exist in Korea) will kick in. As long as strong competition exists outside of HYBE then those laws don't trigger. Your mostly allowed to become the biggest through internally generated success but you are not allowed to BUY other people to crush competition.

I thought Market cap is what matters not stock price. Stock price is meaningless if the number of stock options is less.

• Even though SM is the 2nd/3rd biggest kpop company and is bigger compared to YG & JYP, it's now in a position where it will either be acquired by HYBE or Kakao.

With ikon and 4 out of 5 BigBang members gone, YG isn't that valued anymore. JYP has the lowest revenue among the big 3. How long will it take before another company like Kakao or HYBE gobbles them up? Is this the end of Big 3 domination?

Anyone can buy stock in a publicly traded company. Even you can buy SM stock. This is not the same thing as a merger or acquisition. What are y’all even talking about 😭 This is true of ANY big company.

Even if HYBE buys stock in SM, SM can in turn buy stock of YG or JYP as well. And tomorrow HYBE can sell these stocks as well. This is NOT even remotely the same thing as acquiring a company. At most the board will answer to you along with all the other stock holders.

TLDR : HYBE is NOT acquiring SM.

• I thought Market cap is what matters not stock price. Stock price is meaningless if the number of stock options is less.

Sorry. You are correct. Stock Price * Shares = Market cap.

It can be complicated though as all you need to buy is "Voting" Stock. So it is really Valuation of the voting stock not really just general stock. I don't know if they having things like Golden Shares, Preferred stock or if it is all just general stock. I think JYP just has general stock which means all of it is voting stock.

• Anyone can buy stock in a publicly traded company. Even you can buy SM stock. This is not the same thing as a merger or acquisition. What are y’all even talking about 😭 This is true of ANY big company.

Even if HYBE buys stock in SM, SM can in turn buy stock of YG or JYP as well. And tomorrow HYBE can sell these stocks as well. This is NOT even remotely the same thing as acquiring a company. At most the board will answer to you along with all the other stock holders.

TLDR : HYBE is NOT acquiring SM.

Well if HYBE becomes the major stockholder, it can be considered as an acquisition. HYBE has used a similar tactic with Pledis as well.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Won't happen ani trust laws would force a break up= anti monopoly to ensure stability and competitiveness in the industry. The government would step in if all the big 3 became 1 . We don't want a japan situation like they have with the company that started everything jpop/kpop everything you see from talent agencies to dance studio to idol manners fansigns high touches vlive etc all started from jpop from the largest most dominate media agency on the planet that nothing in Japan drawfs them not even BTS or HYBE. That is JE Johnny's Entertainment better known as Johnny & Associates. This music label was basically sm entertainment but also KBS and every other major tv network rolled into one. I. Japan they own the tv networks and radio stations so their idols ALWAYS get priority everywhere movie actors? Je musicals and plays? Je tv dramas? Je. Variety and reality shows? J fuckin E. Radio promos? Je. So anyone else looking to make a name for themselves would have to pay je to be on tv etc but also they'd never get the prime time slot as obviously je wants that for themselves since they fuckin run everything from music to broadcasting. Here in Korea we won't let that happen so a merger of sm jyp yg and hybe would get nuked by the government faster than could say kpop

• JYPE has the most Active Idol Groups of the Big 3, they currently have TWICE, Stray Kids, Boy Story, Itzy, NiziU, Xdinary Heroes and NMIXX. Although 2PM and Day6 are still on contract, I don't consider them active as in having Comebacks on a regular basis.

JYPE also has Partnerships with TENCENT (Boy Story), Sony Music Japan (NiziU) and Republic Records where A2K will debut this year, these are massive Corporations in their respective countries.

While SME have been trying to catch up to JYPE's Divisional System which HYBE spent tens of millions to copy, JYPE's future is the brightest because everything is in-house. They have their own Publishing Company of 20+ Producers, Composers and Lyricists, they have the biggest Production Facilities for any Kpop Company and they have the experience of working in China and Japan backed by big name Companies.

SME on the other hand are being run by greedy kids that want to kick the old fella out, those kids have no problem selling off the company to outsiders. And let's be honest here, any company that wants to put your current Stars into a geriatric club needs to be sold off.

YGE pretty much ain't going anywhere as it's Yang Hyun Suk's (YG's) baby, I mean, how long has it been since he "left" and BP are still struggling to get Yearly Comebacks?

The bottom line is that JYPark and YG are egoists that aren't going to allow their puppies getting munched

• Well if HYBE becomes the major stockholder, it can be considered as an acquisition. HYBE has used a similar tactic with Pledis as well.

Not “major” it has to be MAJORITY meaning you have to own more than 50% of the stock. LSM owns about 18% of SM’s stock 😭

The majority of SM stocks are NOT for sale. LSM who is the biggest stock holder (who himself is NOT the majority stock holder) is selling stock which amounts to about 18%.

So no even if Kakao and HYBE buy ALL off LSM’s stock they are NOT acquiring SM. SM is not some company in a state where all its investors are selling their stocks and over 50% of the company is up for grabs.

Man talking stock with kpop fans is exhausting 😭

SM IS NOT FOR SALE GUYS 😭 the real issue is at the board and management level. I.e kicking out LSM and changing producers etc. whether it’s HYBE or Kakao or anyone this issue will occur.

• Yes we know YG and JYP are arrogant mother fuckers but you think LSM is not? That man had a signage in America saying SM paved the way for kpop lol

LSM sold his share to his enemy just so he can still call the shots. That’s high level arrogance. He will do anything to be in power. I’m sure YG and JYP would do the same, if got into a similar position

• HYBE came to LSM around ~2020-2021 to do this exact same thing, but LSM said no. Now that KAKAO are trying to get their hands on SM and he's losing control, he's selling (he came to HYBE this time). I haven't heard any news about HYBE being interested in JYP or YG before so I don't think it's happening (but I could be totally wrong)

TWICE

30glhdbncad91.gif

The korean economy is literally built on monopolies (chaebols) they like to have monopolies because the monopolies are also paying into government projects and social welfare and things like that. As long as the Won makes it to the right pocket, they dont care if it all gets funneled through one family first

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!