REPORT: THEBLACKLABEL's ownership breakdown (YG/Naver likely to be major investors); Reason behind Park Bogum signing with TBL

• I guess yall forgot THEBLACKLABEL hired SM's art director.

Celuvmedia

Meaning of Park Bo-gum's transfer to The Black Label

2023. 01.31. 12:04:12

p3Qx8_5f.jpg

Park Bo-gum

[Yoo Jin-mo Column] Actor Park Bo-gum, who was rumored to be moving to YG Entertainment or BTS' hive after his former agency Blossom Entertainment ended, is now a member of The Black Label, where Teddy (Park Hong-joon) from the hip-hop group One Time is a major shareholder.

In conclusion, this was the expected procedure. Rumors that he did not renew his contract with Blossom last year and moved to YG were because he appeared at an overseas luxury event with visual & art director Kim Se-joon, who was from SM Entertainment but transferred to The Black Label.

1069679150.png

What did Park Bo-gum think of choosing The Black Label, and what kind of combination or synergistic effect will they show in the future?

The Black Label has a strong personality as an agency that produces popular music contents and manages singers. In other words, there seems to be a certain distance from actor management. There are so many celebrities who are both singers and actors these days, so you might be wondering, 'What does that have to do with it?', but it's different.

First of all, Park Bo-gum went through the days of a singer trainee before debuting as an actor, and after rising to stardom, he has excellent singing skills and passion for music. positive in that respect.

As is known, Teddy is the owner of excellent creativity who has produced music for almost all musicians except Blackpink and YG singer-songwriters. If he does, he can find Park Bo-gum's potential as a singer that other producers have not captured and achieve 'rediscovery of Park Bo-gum'.

Unlike most idol group members who started out as a girl group or boy group and gained popularity relatively easily as a lead actor in a movie or drama, Park Bo-gum can run the opposite way. So far, many popular actors such as Kim Hee-ae, Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Cha Tae-hyun, and So Ji-sub have temporarily worked as singers in the form of a project, but they have never become IU.

Park Bo-gum still has 5 months left until he turns 30. I mean he's still young. It means that ballads are natural and even dance music is possible. How about hip-hop people, Teddy's specialty?

The recruitment of Park Bo-gum is very positive from The Black Label and YG's point of view. No, it's a case of cutting the wings even further. The Black Label is currently preparing to launch a new girl group.

In other words, in a situation where business expansion is still far away, the recruitment of Park Bo-gum naturally secured a bridgehead to advance into the actor field in earnest. In other words, when Park Bo-gum was recruiting new actors for The Black Label, he was given the priority right to recruit 'the cotyledon that has the potential to succeed'.

park-bo-gum-ve-chung-nha-taeyang-tai-hop-iu-va-suzy-trong-phim-moi-2023-9.jpeg

YG, which has many actors besides singers, recently sent away one of its representative actors, Kang Dong-won. In a situation where one cannot be confident that the stock price management has not suffered a major blow, the fact that The Black Label, an affiliated company, recruited Park Bo-gum is enough to act as a good thing.

Moreover, The Black Label is a company that has not yet been listed. Teddy, or Park Hong-joon, is the largest shareholder with 42% of the stock, and YG is the second largest shareholder with 30%, but in many ways, Teddy can't help but notice Yang Hyun-suk (or YG).

Since the remaining 18% is held by small investors including Saehan Venture Capital, it is unknown when and how the share structure will change. In addition, Teddy has recently announced that he will hand over the position of CEO to a professional manager and focus only on producing. In other words, he is closer to Park Jin-young than Yang Hyun-suk.

***Blue2012's note: What I think the article means by this is that JYP (the man) stuck to music and hired a CEO to run the business and YG (the man) and his brother were more hands-on when it came to business dealings. I think YG is going to help him here, because THEBLACKLABEL is still small. I 100% believe YG moved Taeyang to THEBLACKLABEL and helped them get Park Bo-gum.***

As we have seen so far, is the meeting between Park Bo-gum and The Black Label only very positive? If you only look at Park Bo-gum as an actor, it is practically close to defeat. The Black Label doesn't know much about movies or dramas. In fact, even YG is slightly better when it comes to movies and dramas compared to its size compared to other entertainment agencies specializing in actors.

Most of YG's leading actors, such as Kim Hee-ae, Cha Seung-won, Choi Ji-woo, Jang Hyun-seong, and Yoo In-na, are veterans, so they do not require separate management. Do it yourself. Middle-aged actors and new actors are moved by YG's huge system. But The Black Label is different.

DU5zHH1VQAA1Gl3.jpg

As a direct example, even Park Jin-young, the head of JYP and a representative legend of the music industry, wrote 'Dark History' appearing in 'The 5 Million Dollar Man' (2012), one of the representative 'failure' films of the 2000s. Even experts are confident that even movies and dramas are very different.

Teddy is said to be an unrivaled producer, but that shows his strength in music, especially in hip-hop, not in movies or dramas. No, there's a good chance he won't even be good at trot. Judging from the composition of The Black Label's entertainers, the staff doesn't seem to have much hope of excelling in movies or dramas.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStxBa_RW-kxotRXvyNQ7PRraL35VgwkRNYTA&usqp=CAU

Although Park Bo-gum is said to be the owner of a career entering his 12th year of debut, he is not yet Cha Seung-won. Lee Seung-gi did not know that his former agency was embezzling his proceeds until not too long after his debut. The most important thing for an actor is the choice of work. No matter how good an actor is and has a lot of experience, there are times when the script (scenario) or production conditions are mistaken.

Not every work by Song Kang-ho or Seol Kyung-gu was successful at the box office and received favorable reviews from critics. However, the probability was high that it was able to build today's reputation. They had their artistic insights, but the cool insights of the people around them were also of great help. This is the reason why they are 'worn out' and have registered with an agency specializing in actors.

[Yoo Jin-mo Column / Photo = Celeb Media DB]

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• The note I added to the article for context.

***Blue2012's note: What I think the article means by this is that JYP (the man) stuck to music and hired a CEO to run the business and YG (the man) and his brother were more hands-on when it came to business dealings. I think YG is going to help him here, because THEBLACKLABEL is still small. I 100% believe YG moved Taeyang to THEBLACKLABEL and helped them get Park Bo-gum.***

The article is saying Teddy will be more like JYP with a hands-off approach to business.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Also, as I've always suspected, the reason why YG is such a popular destination for actors and they're able to renew them over and over...when actors in Korea are notorious label-hoppers...is because YG gives them massive infrastructure and resources but gives the management freedom to actors to do what they want.

It was confirmed in this article.

That's why I suspect..

YGStage staff = THEBLACKLABEL actor management staff

YGStage IS THEBLACKLABEL actors management.

This article all but states THEBLACKLABEL doesn't have actor management staff. Because it's YG.

YG Family

1080x360

• This is why I think Park Bo-gum spurned Hybe when they were courting him. They have non-existent actor management and zero experience with it.

Plus Park Bo-gum probably never seriously considered them. The TBL/YG transfer was already in the works.

YG Family

1080x360

• I have no idea who this man is

One of the biggest actors in Korea. And was, up until now, the biggest free agency actor on the market.

Seems like Hybe, and others wanted him but he chose THEBLACKLABEL. So it became a big story in Korea. Mostly because he's a big name and because THEBLACKLABEL seemed to reach for the stars on this one and managed to grab it. It's a relatively new label.

YG Family

1080x360

• This is why I think Park Bo-gum spurned Hybe when they were courting him. They have non-existent actor management and zero experience with it.

Plus Park Bo-gum probably never seriously considered them. The TBL/YG transfer was already in the works.

Lol, I doubt he spurned HYBE. HYBE has no agency or experience for managing actors. It was just speculation that maybe HYBE was going to finally open an agency to manage actors and branch out of music and tech.

• Lol, I doubt he spurned HYBE. HYBE has no agency or experience for managing actors. It was just speculation that maybe HYBE was going to finally open an agency to manage actors and branch out of music and tech.

Very real possibility they wanted him.

Doubt they would say no if he wanted to sign there.

But like you said, they have zero experience with actor management.

YG Family

1080x360

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• TBL won't go public till after they sign BP in aug 2023 ✔️

Pretty sure the pinks will also be shareholders at TBL 😌

I guess if you say it enough it might come true...good luck to you ✔️

Are you going to be disappointed when it comes out they've already renewed with YG?

Hopefully BLACKPINK members get a huge payday. Think YG is the only one capable of doing that along with them getting to keep their name and discography.✔️

YG Family

1080x360

• I guess if you say it enough it might come true...good luck to you ✔️

Are you going to be disappointed when it comes out they've already renewed with YG?

Hopefully BLACKPINK members get a huge payday. Think YG is the only one capable of doing that along with them getting to keep their name and discography.✔️

they are definitely leaving for TBL. jennie's nye insta story said enough.

• they are definitely leaving for TBL. jennie's nye insta story said enough.

Nah.

If they go to THEBLACKLABEL it'll be at YG's blessing because YG would have to let them keep their name and songs since YG owns them.

But THEBLACKLABEL is the same as YG.

People don't realize YG is a music label under the overall YGE corporate umbrella. Taeyang went to one label under YGE to another label under YGE.

YG Family

1080x360

• I guess if you say it enough it might come true...good luck to you ✔️

Goodluck to you too, let's see who ends up right at the end lol

I'll be disappointed for sure of they remain at YGE cause that means they don't value their musical career as much as I thought they did 😌

• Associate label

Teddy gets complete & 100% authority at TBL so if BP moves there, YG & his bro will have zero say in BP activities besides distributing their music when TBL & BP decide to put it out

• Associate label

Teddy gets complete & 100% authority at TBL so if BP moves there, YG & his bro will have zero say in BP activities besides distributing their music when TBL & BP decide to put it out

Yep. This will be the best outcome for the group. They keep their team and do away with the higher ups that might be getting stuck on elevators because they refused to press the buttons.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!