Based on recent AKP discussions I am convinced major company stans WANT kpop groups to be treated like PRODUCTS, jyp stans might be the only safe ones

• Welcome to my very first AKP essay

Srsly from recent debacle of SM/YG stans claiming number of comebacks and promos should be tied directly to how much the artist earn for the company + companies should get rid of older groups to open up resources for their bright shiny new toys, to hype stans take on gfriend abruptly getting fired from SoMu.

like are you all ok in the head? you want artists to get peanuts for what? to brag about stock prices? profit margin? quarterly revenues?

Im sorry to break it to you but you are not the one who is going to be inheriting that wealth

Company stans go through mental gymnastic to support these decisions as financially more beneficial like they are the ones pocketing the money.

Not value of everything can be recognized in numbers. No one would have known about SoMu if those girls were not out there risking breaking their legs to put on a good performance. That single act of gfriend members put that unknown company on the map. Whats the message SoMu is putting out there? that they got 0 loyalty to their artists. Do you think that is a good look for trainees looking for a company? or already famous artists looking to resign with a new company?

SM stans who think SM should be out with old to focus on the new groups only. The loyalty to the old is the reason SM is still competent in attracting trainees despite their long list of short comings. Those old groups put years before even signing a contract into the company, they built their legacy. Sth like that can not be bought with money or profit. Those old groups are core of SM, without them that company is nothing. They all take part in training new groups too. They are the best teachers industry can have.

Same with YG stans who think number of comebacks should be proportional to the profit. Groups dont sign with an agency to generate profit for them. They do it so RELEASE MUSIC. If they cant do what they sign for, they will leave without looking back.

JYP stans are somehow the sane ones who are advocating for their artists benefits rather than companies profit

Also how hypocritical it is that you want idols to be recognized for their talents as artists but want the companies to just treat them as a product to retire when it suits them?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you Twice/ITZT/Stray Kids for letting nugu flop Day6 spend your earnings

Thank you Once/MIDZYS/STAYS for being so kind and loving to us MyDays

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepelove1::pepelove1:

I said JYP stans are the sane ones :mad:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I didn't see the thing about SM stans, but JYP stans are just as bad. Don't even get me started on the shit that was said when GOT7 were leaving.

• I didn't see the thing about SM stans, but JYP stans are just as bad. Don't even get me started on the shit that was said when GOT7 were leaving.

Im gonna targeting mostly AKP users

I dont think they said bad stuff here? or did they?

• the lack of sympathy in that other thread is appalling

aren't we supposed to be on the artist's side like wtf

exactly!

and that coming from users who complain about idols not getting recognition as artists

Like pick your side

They are artists or toys?

• Im gonna targeting mostly AKP users

I dont think they said bad stuff here? or did they?

I wasn't on the forum then, but I'm sure plenty was said. There's a reason there's only 6 Ahgases here.

• I wasn't on the forum then, but I'm sure plenty was said. There's a reason there's only 6 Ahgases here.

If i get confirmation might have to edit to shade JYP stans too

• Good thing blinks are not YG stans :cursing: :cursing:

• Can't relate but I hear you because that's not what I thought we were here for. I'm ARMY though. Our fandom trajectory is BTS FIRST and y'all know I speak the truth :pepe-flirt:

No Ves were are here to brag about our honorary sugar daddies wealth

• but yg artist dont release music that often thats the problem ;(

and thats why no one should complain when their artists decide to peace the fuck out

• Actually in GFriend's case we need to remember that Bang PD / BigHit loaned 6.6M USD to Source Music in 2020

and still in march 2021 report Source Music debt was 11.4M USD

from what I remember Bang PD is/was friends with SouMu CEO and this is why he decided not only to acquire it but also to 'save' company

I think we will now need to wait and see if Le Sserafim members will be using HYBE main building, just as fromis_9 is using it now, or will they be training, and maybe filming some vlogs and variety shows inside Source Music building

technically I would rather see them in state of the art HYBE, and that SouMu building well Bang PD should just sell it to cover part of debt, then it will be easier for company workers to handle things, and probably also will put less preasure to all Source Music workers (well those who stayed anyways, because many left with GFriend).

• Why am I missing the tea?? What is happening guys? Where is the fight happening? Kkkkk

Anyways, I'm lazy now but later if this thread is active I'll give my opinion kkkk

Its not sth that happened today

Its recent observation that users prefer companies financial status to artists welfare

• Ok this is a pretty fair take :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Sometimes you really need to try to take your emotional bias out of the picture to see things objectively cause both sides tend to takes things to the Nth degree and its maddening (as evidenced by Lulu_Key 's first essay :borahae: ) I usually understand where kpop idol stans are coming from better though cause hey, I am one.

• I feel like I am a lucky user because It seems I only join the forum when it's peaceful, so I miss all the usless drama coming from the braindead part of the forum.

By the way I obv agree with everyting you wrote, If those users started to activate their brians, they would understand that 95% of their faves WISHES for a long and stable career that allows them to earn a stable income and also let's them branch out on acting, releasing solo music and more

• Its not sth that happened today

Its recent observation that users prefer companies financial status to artists welfare

Yes, in cases like GFriend one I'll never side with the company. And tbh almost never that i side with the company, specially when we all know how shady they are and how badly they treat the artists through the years.

Company stans are weird and they want toys, not artists.

• Ok this is a pretty fair take :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Sometimes you really need to try to take your emotional bias out of the picture to see things objectively cause both sides tend to takes things to the Nth degree and its maddening (as evidenced by Lulu_Key 's first essay :borahae: ) I usually understand where kpop idol stans are coming from better though cause hey, I am one.

but my point is why champion for a company's finances at all?

Yes SoMu is a financial mess but thats not gfriend. Other small agencies managed to expand on back of groups as successful as gfriend or even smaller.

Its like championing for Amazon paying below living wage so Jeff Bezos can keep his title of richest man. Believe me, his fan boys DO that

• Yes, in cases like GFriend one I'll never side with the company. And tbh almost never that i side with the company, specially when we all know how shady they are and how badly they treat the artists through the years.

Company stans are weird and they want toys, not artists.

exactly!

They should just come out and confess it instead of pretending they see it any other way

• exactly!

They should just come out and confess it instead of pretending they see it any other way

Right? My faves are literally a mismanaged group looking at their music side, i don't think they trained +5 years to release almost nothing in their career and i don't understand people who say that YGE is just doing their work by not overworking them like ?? The girls always were explicit when talking about wanting more music and people still try to make it like if they don't release songs, well their fault, YGE gives them everything :clown:

Anyways i still didn't read that thread today, but I'll later to see how bad it is ..

Like i said, they want toys and they aren't loyal too bc they change their toys with frequency.

• but my point is why champion for a company's finances at all?

Yes SoMu is a financial mess but thats not gfriend. Other small agencies managed to expand on back of groups as successful as gfriend or even smaller.

Its like championing for Amazon paying below living wage so Jeff Bezos can keep his title of richest man. Believe me, his fan boys DO that

I just try hard to understand and be fair to all sides of everything, but believe me my judgmental ass is far more in your corner :*

• Right? My faves are literally a mismanaged group looking at their music side, i don't think they trained +5 years to release almost nothing in their career and i don't understand people who say that YGE is just doing their work by not overworking them like ?? The girls always were explicit when talking about wanting more music and people still try to make it like if they don't release songs, well their fault, YGE gives them everything :clown:

Anyways i still didn't read that thread today, but I'll later to see how bad it is ..

Like i said, they want toys and they aren't loyal too bc they change their toys with frequency.

Also people who are like YG is smart, they dont have to spend money on BP's music to make money from them

like yeah.....

What about them?????? 3/4 are not from Korea

what did they leave their home for? They could have done the rest of their gigs with any other companies. They wanted to do music.....

• I should add WM stans too

These days they are defending what the company does to OMG way too much

• No they aren't, these are the assholes that want 20 comebacks a year + extra content

no hope then

• And that's why you should stan artists who are their own company e.g dpr with the hot ceo dpr ian :pepe-flirt:

Its always nice for artists to be able to own their own label/company

unfortunately not everyone who like music is business savvy

• Better to bully all company stans indiscriminately for being slaves to corporate entities and calling it a personality

yes no discrimination policy

bully them all equally

• Welcome to my very first AKP essay

Same with YG stans who think number of comebacks should be proportional to the profit. Groups dont sign with an agency to generate profit for them. They do it so RELEASE MUSIC. If they cant do what they sign for, they will leave without looking back.

JYP stans are somehow the sane ones who are advocating for their artists benefits rather than companies profit

You really shouldn't lump YG stans together with the few but loud young blackpink fans that don't understand that BP has a special gimmick and that's the reason they don't have many comebacks at least for kpop standards. People shouldn't forget that YG still to this day mostly stayed true to their motto "Korean music made by koreans" where 99% of "kpop" these days is actually american, british and swedish songs in korean language.

• Actually in GFriend's case we need to remember that Bang PD / BigHit loaned 6.6M USD to Source Music in 2020

and still in march 2021 report Source Music debt was 11.4M USD

from what I remember Bang PD is/was friends with SouMu CEO and this is why he decided not only to acquire it but also to 'save' company

The CEO who helped cause the debt, but still has a job while other Source employees were reportedly laid off. Eat1 at 2x

• I am pretty sure SM stans beg for SNSD to make a comeback every month of every year so i really don't understand how they want to forget old idols in order for new ones

Those are older SM stans

Some of the new ones wants everyone that is not NCT or Aespa locked up in dungeon

Some complain regularly about TVXQ, Suju and SHINee getting comebacks

They tend to dislike the old men more

• The CEO who helped cause the debt, but still has a job while other Source employees were reportedly laid off. Eat1 at 2x

ceo is rewarded, everyone else gets the boot

There is another company who does things different

The effective owner of Edam wants to treat its sole artist as the empress.

I am amazed at your ability to insert your fav in discussions that have nothing to do with

I must admit, its a skill

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!