If there's one thing I can't stand its how hypocrite kpop fans are about minors

• They get mad about minors debuting and then support them more than any other group where all are adults. Backlash isnt real backlash when there isnt any sabotage, its just empty words. As long as fans keep buying and going crazy about minors, the more minors we will keep seeing in the industry. That's a fact. How tf u expect kpop companies to stop debuting minors when u keep buying their stuff?

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't actually care about it, not sure about those who care a little.

I think it's their own choice, we can't stop them from making their own choice to join the industry and to focus everything on it and to try to debut fast as possible

• unless you can get rid of stage parents that want to fulfill their own selfish desires vicariously through their child, this whole thing will never stop regardless of the money

• most kpop fans are minors themself. they dont care about minors debuting but want it.

the main audience kpop aimes for, is the kindergarten. So the industry will allways debute minors.

its only the older fans that complain. but they should stay with their own older groups. they are just mad that their faves lose the top spots. but thats the inevatable circle of life.

• It's a self sustaining cycle.

Kpop fans call anyone over 25 old and lose interest, often switching to the newer younger idols. Labels debut younger idols to meet fans expectations and maximise profits before their idols hit their shelf life denoted by fans.

• I don't support "underage" groups and don't feel they should be allowed to debut so young. They should be allowed to be children and live a life that kids at that age would do not having to face the rigors of K pop.

• they will complain about minors but then turn around and call people like boa "hags" :skull:

exactlyy like ppl w this mindset are the ones that always age like milk instead of wine which is very ironic :clown:

most kpop fans are minors themself. they dont care about minors debuting but want it.

the main audience kpop aimes for, is the kindergarten. So the industry will allways debute minors.

its only the older fans that complain. but they should stay with their own older groups. they are just mad that their faves lose the top spots. but thats the inevatable circle of life.

its about the ppl that complain that im talking about

minors usually dont even have the money to financially support their faves :skull:

JCsIq3Q.gif

• unless you can get rid of stage parents that want to fulfill their own selfish desires vicariously through their child, this whole thing will never stop regardless of the money

nah, if there is financial support then it will never stop. theres a reason kpop companies value visuals over talent, talent doesnt sell as much. companies will work with what sells more. Its actually the reason why u dont see many mature ggs around.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't actually care about it, not sure about those who care a little.

I think it's their own choice, we can't stop them from making their own choice to join the industry and to focus everything on it and to try to debut fast as possible

giving too much decision power to a minor can backfire hard

theres a reason why theyre only considered legal after theyre 18 in most countries. The younger the kid is in the industry the more vulnerable they are to abuse, power struggles and exposed to creeps.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• nah, if there is financial support then it will never stop. theres a reason kpop companies value visuals over talent, talent doesnt sell as much. companies will work with what sells more. Its actually the reason why u dont see many mature ggs around.

i think you missed my point. i wasn't even talking about any of that. i was just saying that regardless of money, there are parents out there that will push their kid to go into showbusiness at a young age and won't hesitate to sign some shady contract if that means they can fulfill their own dreams of stardom through their child

• its about the ppl that complain that im talking about

minors usually dont even have the money to financially support their faves :skull:

there are many success stans and hipocrites in kpop. but majority is still minors.

in first world countries minors do have the money. if they dont earn it themself they get it from relatives.

and korea gives shit about age since live is hard for everyone including the other minors who arent idols.

• there are many success stans and hipocrites in kpop. but majority is still minors.

in first world countries minors do have the money. if they dont earn it themself they get it from relatives.

and korea gives shit about age since live is hard for everyone including the other minors who arent idols.

lmao no they arent, at least ifans. yes theres many minors but they aren't the ones with more buying power. In korea ive literally had a large demographic of people in their 40s buying their albuns because the children went crazy for ive. Kpop groups also often perform for adult audiences in Korea, for example the military and universities.

if u do a poll asking kpop ages here or on twitter you will see adults are big part of what makes kpop such a profitable business.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't have a problem with minors debuting, but they need to be doing age appropriate things. Half of TXT debuted as minors, and although they didn't really catch my interest until they were all in their late teens/early 20s, I don't look back at their older stuff and think "where tf were their parents in all this?" Unfortunately the same can't be said for a lot of groups that debuted with minors in them, and the issue just seems to be getting worse with time.

• I don't support "underage" groups and don't feel they should be allowed to debut so young. They should be allowed to be children and live a life that kids at that age would do not having to face the rigors of K pop.

I won’t support them either. 13 is way too young.

• lmao no they arent, at least ifans. yes theres many minors but they aren't the ones with more buying power. In korea ive literally had a large demographic of people in their 40s buying their albuns because the children went crazy for ive. Kpop groups also often perform for adult audiences in Korea, for example the military and universities.

if u do a poll asking kpop ages here or on twitter you will see adults are big part of what makes kpop such a profitable business.

in korea its definetly mostly kids who buy the albums or people in their 20s who are partly like kids. you said it yourself. people in their 30s and 40s mostly just buy albums cause their children tell them to do so.

most adults arent as fanatic as the younger fans. you loose a lot of your idealism the older you grow.

true. ifans may be a little bit older. but its still mostly people in their twenties. the teens surely are far numerous than people over 30. kpop attracts mostly younger people and its not that big internationaly for that long that so many people grew that old with kpop.

i agree on the forum thing. but thats because forums dont represent the main audience. in real life i only know 3 other kpop fans. they are all between 8 and 12. but you will never see them in any forum. they only have access to youtube. (their 2 fathers also listen to kpop and they are the ones who will eventually buy the albums. but they listen to it to know what their kids are up to)

i would also like kpop to be not that superficial and focused on youth and be more tolerant against ageing. but life is not a request concert.

• again kpop wouldnt be near as popular or successful if only minors were fans, theres a reason why luxury brands want kpop idols as embassadors and theres no minor buying a dior bag out there. Rich fans exist but like anywhere else, theyre still the small minority. Idgi how your points counter my point about those who complain about minors also support them anyway

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Girl its not about being good :skull: baemon are mostly minors too, some even younger than nj and they already have almost 1m subscribers without debuting lol

thats support regardless of the quality of their non existent music

I agree it feels a little strange seeing these super young kids do the idol thing but they seem well taken care of and if they’re ok with it and their parents are ok with it, what are we to do?

• again kpop wouldnt be near as popular or successful if only minors were fans, theres a reason why luxury brands want kpop idols as embassadors and theres no minor buying a dior bag out there. Rich fans exist but like anywhere else, theyre still the small minority. Idgi how your points counter my point about those who complain about minors also support them anyway

those who are older but support minors may have reached a number but dont neccessarily became mature. brain doesnt allways grew with the body. lol

im not totally counter you. i allready agreed that hipocrites exist. and a superficial surounding like kpop is like a breedingpool for this behavior. lol

if you have solved the problem with minors good luck in solving the problem that kpop have with giving their artists enough to eat. or make the companies recruit voices instead of faces.^^

• I agree. Let's all stan older idols like Monsta X!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is why it's sad sometimes to see stans of older groups or idols working so hard to trend hashtags begging the companies to promote their faves better. Their fave 25, 26, 28, 30 year+ old idols might still mean the world to them but to their labels, they are decaying assets with a soon to be expired shelf life. That's just the harsh reality of the business.

If they're lucky and successful enough, their faves will still get at least adequate or decent promotions and effort, but for the most part, i would guess that their labels would prefer to spend that money on a new fresh GG or BG since most likely, the new group would have contract terms very favorable to the company. Idols that sign extensions probably get a bigger share of the pie than rookies. You pretty much have to be Twice/BP/MMM/RV/BTS/EXO level to retain priority status within your own label as you enter your senior years.

• some people are hypocritical but then so is the rest of the world

do as I say and not as I do is actually the best model to get ahead in the world lol

• Like what do you want fans to do ? Korean care and cater to Korean gp and they don't see any problem with miners debuting unless these people voice their opinion and boycott these companies this entremet companies won't change anything i-fans have zero power over Korean companies so blaming people on this forum is useless

So basically youre saying that its ok if people find minors debuting wrong but support them anyway as long as koreans also do it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• u got a point

the only thing is this is true for all of us, the adults

but minor audiences are free to like and support minor idols

yes, i agree with that

my main issue is with people that are all talk and no attitude, if they don't agree with minors in the industry they should simply stop supporting it, otherwise they are just adding to the problem they say they are against about.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• So basically youre saying that its ok if people find minors debuting wrong but support them anyway as long as koreans also do it

And that's what you conclude based on my comment ? Like i said before you can complain all you want here in this forum as long as Koreans are ok with it nothing will change i-fans have zero power on Korean agencies.

And honestly reading your response it seems that you yourself don't care and your here just to stir up some drama and act as if you have more morals than some

• one thing I want to add also
    even older fans where once a minor

it happen they already older

nobody should stop them stan a minor
    for whatever reasons 😑😅

then if you want strictly speaking as KPOP only
    remember KPOP is like JPOP or combo of JPOP and Western Pop

even before KPOP exist their is a JPOP idol did it first

JPOP is comparable to KPOP idol marketing

everyone know Miyawaki Sakura comes from group HKT48
    She first debuted at the age of 12 in the Japanese girl group HKT48

this is their

Audience Demographics

Audience composition can reveal a site's current market share across various audiences. hkt48.jp's audience is 75.58% male and 24.42% female. The largest age group of visitors are 25 - 34 year olds

here the orig link
    http://yabai.com/p/4831

• They get mad about minors debuting and then support them more than any other group where all are adults. Backlash isnt real backlash when there isnt any sabotage, its just empty words. As long as fans keep buying and going crazy about minors, the more minors we will keep seeing in the industry. That's a fact. How tf u expect kpop companies to stop debuting minors when u keep buying their stuff?

This is mostly for International fans, Koreans do not care about minors debuting.

The outrage has been mostly from I fans, until their favorite label debuts a groups with minors then they shut up.

• Performative activism is one of Kpop stans biggest passions.

Many Kpop fans are also young and don't see why it's wrong that companies debut underage idols. I was like that when I was myself an underage fan, now that I am older, I see why it harms these young idols so I dont really stan groups with minors.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• And that's what you conclude based on my comment ? Like i said before you can complain all you want here in this forum as long as Koreans are ok with it nothing will change i-fans have zero power on Korean agencies.

And honestly reading your response it seems that you yourself don't care and your here just to stir up some drama and act as if you have more morals than some

I mean.. its naivety to think ifans dont hold any power in the k-industry when the most relevant and powerful kpop groups are the global ones

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 88 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!