Would you rather continue the trend underage idols or re-popularize sexy concepts again?

• If you had to choose 17

1. Sexy concept and more mature age idols come back (17) 100%
    2. No sexy concepts but more minor idols flooding the industry (0) 0%

Sexy became one of the most despised concepts by the majority of kpop fans once they realized non-Big 3 girl groups were able to gain success with it (SISTAR, GsD, AOA, EXID). You know how it goes with kpop fans, especially the 2nd gen variety, they hate seeing the small ones make it big. So by the start of 3rd gen companies were afraid of the backlash against sexy so they tailored their groups towards cute concepts (thanks to APink's popularity) or the new trend "girl crush". Eventually the market became saturated with just those two concepts and there was little novelty left. So companies hopped into a new trend, which was debuting younger and younger idols. And it was successful because 20+ year old female fans took a lot of affection towards them (Wonyoung, Leeseo, Haerin, Boeun). Now that the floodgates have been opened, kpop fans are apprehensive about calling out the avalanche of minor idols because Big 4s are doing it too. This has been the unfortunate trade off kpop fans found themselves in. If they had any foresight they would have realized sexy concepts keeps the industry from having to debut too many underage idols as they are now.

• I mean, there could be a mix of both...underage idols aren't a new thing, and of course they're going to get younger with time as we get older. I personally don't find myself gravitating towards groups where most (if any) of the members are minors but there's kids and teenagers who are K-pop fans who are probably into those groups.

Now, whether I agree with kids being in the industry knowing how not very great it is behind the scenes is another topic, but I think there's an audience for everyone, at least.

That said, I would love a revival of the sexy concept.

ea345ce0012bd5e135557199cecc6df68a5057c4.gif

ninguém como tu

• I prefer older idols in general and like sexy concepts. I was happy to see Xeed debut with members in the 27-30 age range. More of that please!

But there's room for cute concepts too. I personally don't prefer younger idols but I don't hate having that variety in the industry as long as they are doing appropriate things and they're hopefully treated well.

• They'll probably try to do both at once - the way they have been not-so-subtly pushing NewJeans into performing adult lyrics.

Sexy concepts are very popular with international fans, but little girls sell more records to Koreans - and keep corrupt CEO's out of trouble with the media. Much as I personally would like to see sexy concepts making a big comeback, I don't expect they will - at least with the bigger companies.

• You are talking as if under age idols are a novelty at least now days idols are doing concept that suits their age back when the sexy concept was popular you had underaged girls doing it whish was worse than what we see now.

Idols always made their debut at a young age when Apink maid their debut the youngest was 15 she the same age as most 3rd gen group when her group belongs to the second gen, you guys are starting to see them young because you got older and now you see that 18 isn't that old for an idol

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• I dont even think we need "sexy" concepts per se... I don't think any needs overtly sexual choreo and costumes where everything hangs out

But allowing idols to be sexy and mature, and sing about sexier things again wouldn't hurt.

Look at BlackPink, G-idle, Dreamcatcher... and even Twice and Itzy these days. They are showing a more mature side in terms of choreo, lyrics, outfits, makeup, sound etc. (maybe not itzy and lyrics :facepalm: )

Almost all of them, on recent concerts abroad have twerked as audience fan service as well, not appropriate with minors either and fans LOVE it

Things that are just not doable with groups that contain minors. Remember the scandal with the choreo in Fearless? Would it have happened if there wasn't two minors in the group?

• I like both choices

but

I want to make a 3rd choices
    combo of both w underage+ sexy

remember the 2nd gen

4minute Hyuna
    SNSD - Genie
    Chocolat - Black Tinker Bell and One More Day
    Tia and Melanie are the top visual of the group
    etc

fighting chance for nugu is to be recognize is to have visual member w underage+ sexy concept
    that is aside from quality song

also imagine if IVE make a sexy comeback at their current age now
    and win another Daesang?
    I want to see the haters reaction 😁

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!