Born Pink underperforming across all metrics & platforms

• IS SENDING EXACTLY THE RIGHT MESSAGE ✔️

Lmaoo trust me when I say it, but this barely 8 songs collection after a 23 months hiatus does not deserve to sell 3M copies or pull record breaking streams nor does it deserve to be nominated for stuff like the Grammys

It's laughable that YG/teddy expected their extremely disrespectful put-together release to be not only embraced by blinks but by the industry 💀

Let it be known that born pink underperformance is an absolute positive response to YG antics

To those who are suprised by my declaration lol

Here's what YG expected with born pink :

Physicals = 3M in pre-orders alone & something like 3.2M by now (born pink currently has 2.6M sales) + much higher*expensive* shipments to US/EU

Streaming = Record breaking numbers across all platforms (they described the 8 songs collection as sufficient lmaoo & that each & every song is like crystals that will launch BP career to another level)

I can only hope this means 2023 & beyond releases will have some form of care & thought put into it besides "scamming & milking" the fans & undermining the pinks careers since the company wants all accolades after all 💀

I look forward to seeing/celebrating Born Pink:Reborn & future BP eras getting their flowers in 2023 & beyond(IF YGE & THE PINKS WISH IT) ✔️

• You already gave the repack a name💀

Anyways I agree, anyways I can’t believe they thought born pink promotion were enough considering how they went with The Album like… ;judgingpepe: at least the music ate

It has a nice ring doesn't it? Technically I wanted to imply a resurgence, a new lease at life for born pink so I was like... BORN PINK: REBORN is lit 🔥

It's not even the promo alone lol

The music is tainted by rfl & hard to love(love the song but it was not a good decision at all lol)

• I did list how it's considered an underperformance by the company

YG expected way more especially the billboard 200 which I forgot to mention, born pink is currently free falling 💀

Like every megamind on this site I don't always read OPs :prisonerpepe:

A freefall is kind of expected after the first month I think but maybe that's the TWICE stan brain at work :dancer-pepe:

There's no good juice here :pepe-hips:

• Amen Rosé akgae. It's what YGE deserves after treating blinks like shit through BP whole career.

It baffles me bc any company would be happy to have such a supportive and loyal fandom like blinks, but no, bitch YGE fucked up once again and even though BP did bring numbers everybody knows the cb was kinda boycotted by the fandom.

Seeing how they literally put RFL as a bside and even a solo, boy, they were asking to be beaten.

The SK charting was a promo problem and this also affected their international charting bc they dropped a fucking album and acted like they did nothing. Unbelievable.

• Sorry to disappoint you with a depressing take but YG will never change or improve. Personally think things will remain the same for BP promo wise or album wise :drown-in-tears:

I never for a second expected more than 8 songs in this album and I was right coz I know how YG operates. People who get away with doing the bare minimum will always only do the bare minimum :peperain:

• the only thing is sending is the weird expectation u put in a group u said to stan just for their numbers

bp has the best performance by a kpop act this year, and u who stan just for those numbers set your metric based in others

and as much as u want to brainwash yourself bp is not releasing a replakage, the wholes in the tour are festivals, if yg feel like it we might get jisoo solo in oct-nov

that's it

YG expected way more especially the billboard 200 which I forgot to mention, born pink is currently free falling 💀

yg throw a popcorn part bc of bb#1, if they wanted more beyond that they would have sell remixes, new ver, lowe the price but they did nothing of that

Lisa is still doing better...and after all the yg mistreatment it makes me smile

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• The album has also 8 songs, maybe that's the norm for them?

I'm not into number, i know nothing about m faves too lol. Comparing to the album how did born pink do?

Physically it did well,it doubled what TA sold within this period in 2020 but YG wanted it to triple lol

Digitally it did less but that's due to new Chinese rules

Streaming it's officially performing worse than TA across all platforms (domestically & globally)

• Honestly it’s the way it was a self made problem for me, RFL was low key pulling numbers even though blinks streamed her to death 2 years before official release. Imagine if it was never leaked…

And hard to love did well despite be8ng rosé solo. But they should’ve used it for her debut or smth…And tbh the whole bsides underperformed compared to The Album bsides, it’s really interesting to me like how did you never know out chart the happiest girl… I’m just not understanding. It’s giving promotion problems to me

The final version of RFL also sucks 💀

BP had more casual fans in 2020 than in 2022, so born pink performance is hard carried by blinks

It's an issue of lack of promo aka visibility + 2 years hiatus

• Amen Rosé akgae. It's what YGE deserves after treating blinks like shit through BP whole career.

It baffles me bc any company would be happy to have such a supportive and loyal fandom like blinks, but no, bitch YGE fucked up once again and even though BP did bring numbers everybody knows the cb was kinda boycotted by the fandom.

Seeing how they literally put RFL as a bside and even a solo, boy, they were asking to be beaten.

The SK charting was a promo problem and this also affected their international charting bc they dropped a fucking album and acted like they did nothing. Unbelievable.

The company overestimated the fandom loyality like yes we whipped for the pinks but NOT to that extent lol

It's true parts of the fandom didn't go all out at all like Lisa's hardcore fans due to her album sales + less casuals checked out their stuff this time 👀

The pinks likely don't think in terms of numbers but milestones...like we got #1 on so so chart,we good lol

The company & Interscope are definitely having 2nd thoughts now, as they should 😌

• 🤷

• yg throw a popcorn part bc of bb#1, if they wanted more beyond that they would have sell remixes, new ver, lowe the price but they did nothing of that

Lmaoo except they did & more 💀

They probably couldn't do remixes cause it doesn't exist lol

They lowered the digital album to $3 instead of $10 & offered signed digital albums

Physically they slashed the digipaks from $25 to $15 & had newly signed versions available

They had the pinks hold streaming & buying parties on station head 💀💀💀💀

It was embarrassing tbh 💀

• Your problem is that you set your expectations too high and use BTS as the bar to surpass. Of course that would mean BP underperforms.

Try using GGs as the bar (not just in kpop) and you will be surprised at how amazing BP is doing.

• Your problem is that you set your expectations too high and use BTS as the bar to surpass. Of course that would mean BP underperforms.

Try using GGs as the bar (not just in kpop) and you will be surprised at how amazing BP is doing.

U should've just read what I wrote instead 🚶

• all that was for the first week like I said, nothing beyond that

aiming for n1 and when they got it they stop

u want promo then call their promo embarrassing, u make no sense

I even told u 3m was not likely as articles beyond the first one didn't state that number again

the only reason u set these numbers for bp is bc u think the will sell like a bg or more like bts

u need to stan other gg bc bp seem not to satisfy that obsessive thirst u have for someone to take over some bg name

• Physically it did well,it doubled what TA sold within this period in 2020 but YG wanted it to triple lol

Digitally it did less but that's due to new Chinese rules

Streaming it's officially performing worse than TA across all platform

isn't shutdown and Pinkvenon is doing better than HyLT and lovesick girl.

• in china, it's bcoz of new rules, u can't mass buy anymore.

Shut down and pinkvenon has higher pick on Apple music and about longevity, didn't u say it's bcoz of Japan.

• thats far more than the average Kpop Release. Lmao.

I didnt really like pink venom so since nobody told me its worth it to listen to the new songs im still in my aiiyl, lsg, stay era.

Today im gonna Check Out the new Woo!ah! release. Maybe i find time to also give Born pink a try.😅

U should listen to SD atleast if u haven't, it's widely acknowledged as BP best song yet

• TA has more Replay value since the songs were all more hip-hop centric like all the songs sans bet u wanna & YNK were bangers

Born Pink is true to its name,the songs are more soft & not outright bangers so yeah it's understandable

well to this day i'm still listening to pretty savage, lovesick girls, how you like that, and Love to hate me

and I listen to the entire Born pink album and the only bside who stand out was the rose solo song that's it, and it's also the only onee i downloaded

meanwhile Pink venom and Shut down are still not even in my top 30 most listen songs

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!