Imagine a Kpop Hall of Fame Archive. If each group could only archive only ONE (1) song (+/- MV) that captures their sound, image and legacy best, which song should they archive?

• Now imagine civilisation is wiped out and that this song is the only surviving record of that group. What song works best?

Now this isn't necessarily their best selling song, or their debut song, or their most expensive MV. It doesn't have to be a TT. It's the song that sums up the group's work and legacy best and the song that deserves to be preserved for eternal generations to come so they know what they stood for.

I'll start with an easy one:

NewJeans: Hype Boy - the visuals are there, the Y2k is there, the song is nostalgic bouncy RnB with sweet sweet delivery

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol how can new jeans even have any legacy they debuted like yesterday. We don’t even know if this is going to be their sound. I’d say you need at least 2-3 comebacks before we can have this conversation for groups.

I know that's why I said it was easy lol

I actually don't know much about Kai's solo work except Peaches, so I'm keen to hear what your pick would be

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :nct5:

• This song is a love letter to the girl crush concept, it literally defined girl crush for an entire generation of Kpop.

This song IS Twice, and is the best cutesy title track ever made.

This is Izone's best song, and rivals WIL for the best cutesy song of alltime. It also highlights their infectious charisma onstage and their unbreakable bonds as sisters for life.

• BTS for me is Mic Drop. It shows their hip hop roots, great dancing skills and bop music

External Content youtu.be

• If people thousands of years from now found a dusty cd of CRAYON POP. I'd want them to find Dancing Queen.

Though they had more epic (FM) and more viral (Bar Bar Bar).

I think Dancing Queen best showcases their magic appeal.

It has all the elements.

Their quirky kind of not so serious vibe.. Their unpretentious "we're just a bunch of girls who went out and formed a kpop group" sentimentality. Funny outfits and and charming dances. Under that deceptive simplicity a girl group dance song for the ages, with powerful vocals and an epicness even amidst the goofiness. It has all the charm, all that special CRAYON POP magic that we fans hold so dear.

CRAYON POP is one of those groups that is easy to dismiss to the undiscerning as a "joke" group. But actually, when you look closer, you find they are one of the most talented and strongest girl groups in kpop history. The Greatest Girl Group Kpop Forgot About.

I'd want them to find Dancing Queen. So that they too can see how special CRAYON POP is.

Stan Crayons.

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

• :nct5:

I love how unexpected this is given how much discussion it generated when it come out. Curious as to why it's -THE- NCT 127 song over say, Cherry Bomb

• the first and foremost inductee into the hall of fame would undoubtedly be

• I agree with Quarkie. I’d also put Sticker here for 127.

Cherry Bomb was a brash and bold break out, a statement of who they would be.

Kick It was a mature sophistication on the sound, a confident adult version of that same group.

But Sticker - ah, Sticker. At that point, coming off the biggest song of their career, they doubled down on being different and decided to not just push the envelope but burn that mofo down. The swagger that they started out with became a lifestyle and they are completely comfortable and mature, from Taeyong’s stylistic vocal fry to Mark’s rap gliding on the flute, to Jaehyun, Yuta and even Jungwoo flexing strong, powerful vocals while Doyoung and Taeil circle and soar and Haechan and Johnny add the seasoning.

The MV too shows a self assured and confident NCT 127. Every member is memorable here with outstanding and complex Neo choreo (one of my favorites.) The MV is as random, wild and constantly interesting as the song itself. It’s unapologetically extra - if the insult is that NCT is a visual group, they won’t just give you visuals - they’ll give you a whole over the top visual feast, complete with everything from shirtless cowboys to cute dogs to a shimmering lowrider.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• For EXO, I’d choose Monster for actually many of the same reasons. Growl or Call Me Baby are iconic and I was tempted with Don’t Mess Up My Tempo but I feel like Monster captures the drama and hints of darkness on the edges of EXO’s sound, while also providing the anthemic chorus and vocal fireworks that only EXO can do.

It’s brooding and dark and sexy with a hint of menace - it’s a confident, grown EXO. It’s a Chen rock scream and the delicate power of Baek. It’s the emotional strength of DO with the balance of Suho. It’s propulsive Chanyeol rap and the flavors of Xiumin, Lay, Kai and Sehun too.

The MV is dramatic yet simple - there’s no elaborate set on the dance, no dramatic costumes, just right precision and iconic formations. The darkly dystopian MV is cinematic, like the second part of a movie series, reflecting EXO’s extensive backstory and lore. A Growl or Call Me Baby can’t give you that part of EXO - that part that makes fans make movies building theories and members carrying these themes to something as simple as a guest appearance on a kids’ show. It’s wildly complex yet wildly simple - it’s perfectly EXO.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Most people already probably guessed when they saw my sig, but unfortunately because the person who shows up under this paragraph has sung songs which tend to age well, future historians will probably give a priority to her songs before idol music.

• For NCT Dream > Hello Future.

Now, I know some nctzens would say We Go Up represents them more, but I think Hello Future is such a genius effort on mixing the uplifting, fresh, young nature of Dream with the weirdness and uniqueness of NCT (I mean, a melodic "let's make the world a better place" chorus with a beat and transitions that feel UFO like... What's there not to like?)

For NCT 127 I'm so divided, they have such a huge amount of songs that feel exclusively them that I can't name just one... While Kick It is their most popular song, I feel like the holy trinity that would represent them the most would be Sticker, Cherry Bomb and Simon Says, for different reasons.

- Sticker is their divisive song by excellence, it really represents their mature side and how vocal powered the group is, it's also VERY fun to sing along and yes, it's very goofy (not going to act like a group that debuted with Firetruck is always 100% serious, I love them for that), it also plays with your energy like 127 songs use to.

- Cherry Bomb is what really made a name for them at first, and it showcases a lot of what makes them special: Mind-blowing song structure, seemingless but clean transitions, questionable lyrics, weird dance moves, insanely energetic choreography, etc. It's like the ABC of a 127 title track, witch a catchy chorus as well.

- Simon Says represents their cockiness, they clapback about what many people say about their music and embrace it, "NCT Noise you can't break me" "Simon says we are real vibe killers" (also playing with the double meaning of the game) and do it so on a beat that couldn't feel more NCT 127: bassy, hip/hop, industrial and with high frecuency sounds gliding here and there all around the song. The peak is when the bridge hits: angelic voices and strings are intoduced on a goosebump-inducing way to end on a high note where you can hear a music box play the melody of the last chorus which is about to hit... And that last chorus is introduced for like a... shotgun shot? That you can hear for like 1 second. That is peak NCT 127 for me.

• the first and foremost inductee into the hall of fame would undoubtedly be

Just the anniversary short? Why not the whole thing?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!