Which groups would you consider in different levels of success?

• Would say Day6 is mid range successful

They dont have huge streams, but the Korean GP knows them, at least definitely more than many other BGs out there even though I keep joking say they are nugu. They don't have huge sales, but they are actually one of the best selling K-bands.

Despite their 'nuguness', they managed to have 2 World Tours which many groups won't be able to do. They probably could have had more if not for covid or mental health hiatus.

• I broadly say anyone who hasn’t reached 100k sales in this present sales boom are definitely nugus.

For other rankings ask in a year or so. Primarily because I want to see everyone’s concert numbers in the next couple of years before putting them in a bracket.

• omg, the way my finger missed the emo emoji and hit the laughing emoji when I reached to your post!

Anyway, I only know dreamnote from you sadly. I haven't heard of ily:1.

Stream:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Would say Day6 is mid range successful

They dont have huge streams, but the Korean GP knows them, at least definitely more than many other BGs out there even though I keep joking say they are nugu. They don't have huge sales, but they are actually one of the best selling K-bands.

Despite their 'nuguness', they managed to have 2 World Tours which many groups won't be able to do. They probably could have had more if not for covid or mental health hiatus.

I would agree with this. Would you them put a group like the Rose into lowrange and then Xdinary Heroes as nugu?

• I'm still struggling to understand how people define Nugu, everyone is slightly different but as of late has gone from meaning 'small unknown groups' to anyone that's not from a top 4 company is now nugu as a kind of insult.

I hate that people use it as an insult (or as a synonym for non-big 4). Just because a group hasn't found commercial success, doesn't mean their music isn't good or that they aren't worthy of respect. Nugu should just mean not well known in my book.

• I hate that people use it as an insult (or as a synonym for non-big 4). Just because a group hasn't found commercial success, doesn't mean their music isn't good or that they aren't worthy of respect. Nugu should just mean not well known in my book.

I agree. Like, as a joke to drag your own faves from time to time, fine, I can live with that. As an insult? Heck no!

• Okay, now this is what I'm talking about. I can see the logic in this. Where would you put Monsta X, Treasure, GOT7, and Gidle?

• oof Onewe and ACE hurts to see since they have members enlisted and won't be coming back anytime soon :peperain:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I would put twice and EXO in a tier above NCT and 17 because their success feels a lot more wholistic. And if you mean current ranking I would still put twice at least definitely above them.

• Twice and Exo dont belong in the same tier as nct units and svt since the only things they have in common are top album sales, every other category - awards, charting, streaming, views, etc - nct/svt dont measure close enough too

• You seem to have forgotten what "nugu (누구)" actually means, which is "who?"

That is, the term is meant to refer to artists that people would likely not recognise if you mentioned their names.

Obviously thats not what it means in this context lol. Here it’s referring to a tier based on stats. And ppl who sell less than 100k are the lowest tier. Whether you call it nugu or not I don’t really care.

• Obviously thats not what it means in this context lol. Here it’s referring to a tier based on stats. And ppl who sell less than 100k are the lowest tier. Whether you call it nugu or not I don’t really care.

The problem I have with saying that "nugudom" is simply "based on stats" is that those stats are arbitrary.

Why is your cutoff point of 100K sales the "correct" one? If I say it should be 75K instead (which Brave Girls meets), why am I wrong? Should we even be placing so much emphasis on physical sales since we're talking about girl groups?

• The problem I have with saying that "nugudom" is simply "based on stats" is that those stats are arbitrary.

Why is your cutoff point of 100K sales the "correct" one? If I say it should be 75K instead (which Brave Girls meets), why am I wrong? Should we even be placing so much emphasis on physical sales since we're talking about girl groups?

Please read the thread title and stop wasting my time.

• Please read the thread title and stop wasting my time.

Yes, I read the title of the thread, of course. However, I was simply trying to tackle the *broader* question of how "nugudom" should be determined.

• I would agree with this. Would you them put a group like the Rose into lowrange and then Xdinary Heroes as nugu?

Probably. If we are talking K-bands, at least from my perspective and from those I could think of, I would only put Ft Island/CN Blue/Day6/N Flying as Mid Range Successful. FT Island/CN Blue are the 2 biggest bands of the 2nd Gen. Day6 I explained earlier.

N Flying probably has the biggest hit out of all the bands with Rooftop. Their sales are also higher than every other band that isn't Ft Island/CN Blue/Day6. Individually Cha Hun and Jaehyun have a pretty successful YouTube Channel with 377k subs, Seunghub has other acting gigs as well. Shit on FNC as much as we want (including me) but they sure know out to make bands because they made 3 and all 3 managed to be successful one way or another.

Everyone else would probably fall under low range and nugu. Sadly most of them are nugu.

One thing that the 4 top bands I mention have, is that they have popular songs. Ft Island and CN Blue had a few hits, N Flying has less hits than everyone, but they have the biggest one.

Funny enough now that I think of it, Day6 might have more hits out of all of them and popularity wise in this era at least are higher. Spotify wise they are x5 the number of monthly listeners than the 2nd (Day6 has 1.8mil N Flying has 330k). Might not be fair to compare with 2nd Gen bands but from the current standing it is what it is. Awards wise, CN Blue actually won MAMA Best Band 4 times, Day6 once, rest none. It is usually won by non-idol bands.

Xdinary Heroes are the ones that could rise up. They are not doing as well as I hoped, but Day6 kinda started from there as well. Monthly listeners on Spotify they are actually already ahead of everyone else but Day6 with 534k so they do have quite a number of international listeners, just that they haven't translated to full fledge fans yet as seen from their low sales. But they are literally not even a year old yet so I'll give them time.

Listing all these you can see why everyone else is low range or nugu. The gap between those 4 and the rest is pretty big. I could be wrong sure so if anyone knows anything do feel free to correct me.

• NFlying and day6 are not on the level of ftisland and cn blue.

Number of top 20 year end chart entries

CN blue : 3(#12,#19, #15)

N flying : 1 (#12)

I didn’t do top 50/100Kek. And I’m sure FTI and CNB have more entries there.

• If you don’t sell 100k you’re a nugu.

Again, that is your personal, arbitrary definition. It doesn't truly address the larger question of what really defines "nugu", which isn't such a simplistic, black-or-white determination.

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!