Is Treasure a massive flop ?

• i'm not saying they are flopping as hard than nugu BG but for a big 4 groups let's be honest they are

#1 = they doesn't seem to attract a lot of people, notice how when they are on break nobody is talking about the members of the groups in comparison of Enhypen or SKZ who are also 4th gen BG

#2 = they doesn't seem to have any stan attractor or any visual who seems to stand out even if all the treasure fans used to call them a BG full of visual, none of the members seems to get any attention for his visual

#3 = they doesn't seem as a stand out 4th gen BG watching most of the who's the top BG i never see people mention Treasure

#4 = their songs are doing badly in chart

what explain that even if they are part of a Big 4 company, got a lot of exposure predebut, and had a minor hit last comeback Treasure doesn't seem to look as a BG who have the potential to rise to the top of the food chain ??

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• The way I see it,Treasure is YG's attempt at doing something different.Maybe that didn't resonate with k-pop fans as much?

It's a shame since Treasure are the first YG group that I genuinely like

:pepe-puddle:

• Yeah this song is one of my favourites and I never heard of it when it came out.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah it's really good.

I also enjoyed Winner's cb. It's a nice summer song.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• It's hard for them to be on top for several reasons. First they have too many members, nowadays people are more into smaller groups. And since they are from yg they won't have comebacks often like other bgs. And yg's scandals and bad reputation is hurting them a lot. Actually considering the circumstances they are doing fine lol.

• I understand your point. I think this group has so much potential which YG isn't using. Good singer, good dancer, good rapper and their visuals aren't bad. As always it is YG's way to promote their groups. Winner and Ikon are good examples. Especially Ikon. They were very popular in South Korea before YG had the smart idea to send them to Japan and to ignore their career in South Korea.

YG was always a company of weird promoting. With some groups it works and with some not.

In my eyes Treasure is a full potential group which gets destroyed by YG's stupid way to manage them.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• and 4th gen boygroups in general not doing well, no one made any groundbreaking achievement besides SKZ, even some underperformed

still they are doing better than Treasure

Ateez is doing very god while not being a big 4 and seems to have a very loyal fanbase who keep talking

ENHYPEN is doing some really good work

and Stray kids is doing a lot better than other bg

• Darari was one of the big Spotify songs this year for bgs. That's all bgs got along with album sales. But they are lagging behind atm compared to txt, enhypen and skz. Let's see what they do after the viral song

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• still they are doing better than Treasure

Ateez is doing very god while not being a big 4 and seems to have a very loyal fanbase who keep talking

ENHYPEN is doing some really good work

and Stray kids is doing a lot better than other bg

Ofc because hybe manages their artist better than yg and have actually vision/plan for them and they have much better reputation than yg and also have bigger company stan support, the example would be enhypen/txt music videos being posted on yt channel with 60M+ subs etc.

Ateez are doing well cause they are exception not the rule. But I wouldn't say they are doing better than Treasure lol. The only have the upper hand in the west. Enhypen is doing well but their last comeback underperformed.

• i wouldnt say them a massive flop lol they have good yt views and also good album sales, darari is the biggest 4th gen bg hits afterall

just bcause they're not doing better than txt/enha/skz doesnt mean that they're massive flop, its not like the gap is really big

also except for bigbang, yg boy group never really bcome the top act among their competitor

they're doing just fine, i believe they can grow some more, slowly and steadily

when it comes to individual, i dont think all the boys mentioned above are really that popular, seems like most of them are just hyped up by their own fandom and popular among the fandom (maybe except for yeonjun and bangchan). none of the 4th gen bg member are popular among kpopies, not even near kazuha/chuu level. let alone to be compared with 4th gen member like karina and wonyoung

• didn’t mean it that way but instead most groups have at least one prominent member that even non-fans know about: yeonjun, juyeon, hyunjin, sunghoon etc. for treasure, i don’t think that’s the case. there was this one member that had a solo release before debut but even he was completely forgotten over time

It's because yg didnt promote the visual members. And actually to be honest from the idols u have mentioned only Hyunjin has some wide recognition. And still compared to Wonyoung/Karina/Winter it's less. Yeonjun would have been on that level with hybe's pushing and media play by now but it didn't happen. So in general the interest for bg idols in 4th gen in generally so minimal.

• It's because yg didnt promote the visual members. And actually to be honest from the idols u have mentioned only Hyunjin has some wide recognition. And still compared to Wonyoung/Karina/Winter it's less. Yeonjun would have been on that level with hybe's pushing and media play by now but it didn't happen. So in general the interest for bg idols in 4th gen in generally so minimal.

to each their own

• didn’t mean it that way but instead most groups have at least one prominent member that even non-fans know about: yeonjun, juyeon, hyunjin, sunghoon etc. for treasure, i don’t think that’s the case. there was this one member that had a solo release before debut but even he was completely forgotten over time

Exactly what i mean

At least pther 4th gen bg have this one member well know by non fans

Yeonjun, soobin, hyunjin, bangchan, felix, niki, jake , juyeon,san etc....

But treasure have none

• Youre talkint about them and even making threads. If they're so nugu and flops why do you and care to shade them like this.

Treasure are doing well enough evem compared to other 4th gen groups.

Now, everyone enjoy treasure comeback coming soon :blushing:

External Content www.youtube.com

• personally feel that they missed the window of all the hype from treasure box, i watched treasure box and really liked junkyu and was really excited for their debut but after their debut got delayed and all it was almost 2 years after treasure box ended so like i lost almost all interest in them already....theyre a great group though, also their album sells well so they prob earn a lot

• It took them forever to debut, then they released 3 CD singles but the songs didn't stand out. They were too many members and they didn't bring anything new. The whole thing felt very SM and we already have the SM bg groups to do this, and maybe better.

Then they disappeared for some strange reason. With the way kpop is now, it's not wise to completely disappear from the scene. There are new groups all the time and people need something to get hyped and enjoy.

As I said there are too many members but no one stands out.

My Treasure was a great song though.

• Ofc because hybe manages their artist better than yg and have actually vision/plan for them and they have much better reputation than yg and also have bigger company stan support, the example would be enhypen/txt music videos being posted on yt channel with 60M+ subs etc.

Ateez are doing well cause they are exception not the rule. But I wouldn't say they are doing better than Treasure lol. The only have the upper hand in the west. Enhypen is doing well but their last comeback underperformed.

Tell me how exactly did enhypen's last comeback undeperform? You are mistaking casual listeners not liking the song with the word underperforming which has a whole different meaning.

Enhypen's latest album is their best selling one ever. New peaks on charts all over the world. They got three wins as they always do in music shows. Spotify streams are going as they usually do for them so nothing underperforming about that either. The US and Japanese albums started to be shipped out this week so soon we will have their billboard charts and results out too. They already beat various of their previous records and they did better than any other comeback until now, if we talk about actual numbers.

Not liking the song ≠ underperforming

• You willingly listen to noise and are still calling enhypen and txt downgrade? they have the best discographies in 4th gen, their music is what attracts non fans. can’t say the same for trsr.

Nobody outside of their fandom can name any member of that huge football team

• They would do better if they had more songs like going crazy and that song is 3 years old. Darari is close tho and doing better than their other songs.

• i'm not saying they are flopping as hard than nugu BG but for a big 4 groups let's be honest they are

#1 = they doesn't seem to attract a lot of people, notice how when they are on break nobody is talking about the members of the groups in comparison of Enhypen or SKZ who are also 4th gen BG

Yet here you are?

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!