[pann] Aespa discovered doing lip sync at a university festival

• Aespa discovered doing lip sync at a university festival
    Trending Korean entertainment news from Naver
    dailynaver.blogspot.com

Aespa discovered doing lip sync at a university festival

aespa.png

Article: "aespa lip syncs at university festivals too"

Source: Pann

If you watch the video from the university festival, you can tell their live isn't good. It wasn't even just AR, it was plain lip sync. At a university festival. You can't hear their breathing.

comment.png

1. [+269, -21] I wish Winter would sing live.. she's a good singer so I don't know why she doesn't sing live. She's only hurting herself. She's got skills and is well-rounded as an idol.
    2. [+216, -14] But in the case of Winter, she's good live no? She would gain more by singing live. Her live at Coachella was decent and clean.
    3. [+191, -36] I'm honestly ok with their live except for the foreign members. It's a pity they eep getting hit with insults over their stages.
    4. [+173, -26] They're paid so much money to stand on the festival stage and sing for a few minutes and they still do lip sync...
    5. [+99, -27] Probably because they have no talents to sing live.
    6. [+87, -10] Even STAYC kids, IVE, Hyuna, all of them sing live.. you can tell who lip syncs from a distance
    7. [+74, -113] Lately, all female idols that go to college festivals lip sync, not just aespa. Their intentions are too obvious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    8. [+58, -48] IVE lip synced too so why is it only aespa getting cursed?
    9. [+42, -1] What's hilarious is she was mic'd but when she had to add a 'ment in the middle she took out a mic in her other hand to talkㅋㅋㅋ
    10. [+41, -3] They made a few thousand for 20 minutes but aren't even sincere with their stage.. other communities are also saying college festivals are places to sing live because the sound isn't good due to colleges renting out sound systems from outsourced companies. That's why lives are better.
    11. [+36, -21] Only aespa?twice%20lip%20sync.gif
    12. [+34, -2] University festivals have to be live.. SM is seriously too shameless.. f*ck. Students put their tuitions on the line for these performances but they can't even perform properly? Ugh ~ what a waste.

SM stop setting up Aespa...

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

1. [+34, -2] University festivals have to be live.. SM is seriously too shameless.. f*ck. Students put their tuitions on the line for these performances but they can't even perform properly? Ugh ~ what a waste.

Students put their tuitions on the line? What? Just because they watched aespa’s university performance? It’s their choice to watch not aespa’s fault lol

1. [+34, -2] University festivals have to be live.. SM is seriously too shameless.. f*ck. Students put their tuitions on the line for these performances but they can't even perform properly? Ugh ~ what a waste.

Students put their tuitions on the line? What? Just because they watched aespa’s university performance? It’s their choice to watch not aespa’s fault lol

yes that comment was strange lmao :pepewhat:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

maybe it has meaning that

the concert is like partially sponsored from students tuitions?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Random gif of Nayeon at a Pocari Sweat event

its from the performance she got caught lip-syncing lol :pepe-peek:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• If so, is it voluntarily or a must? Either way that’s kinda weird to me.

the school pay for appearance fee

college festival is a big thing there so the bigger the name, the bigger the paycheck

but that commenter saying "tuition on the line" is overly dramatic, they pay tuition regardless if they have college festival or not

• its from the performance she got caught lip-syncing lol :pepe-peek:

I can see the gif obviously - just wondering the relevance of a CF related appearance when talking about University festivals, which is what this post is about. Lip syncing at university festivals.

• my mistake, it's reverse

External Content twitter.com

wearing 1 mic pack

External Content twitter.com

wearing 2 mic packs

• its from the performance she got caught lip-syncing lol :pepe-peek:

"caught" lip-syncing is a little much, it's clear just from their clothes (no mic packs) that they are lip syncing.

university festivals are famous for being live in order to hype up the crowd so I understand why some people may be disgruntled but ultimately it's not a big deal.

• you would be surprised by how many people actually think performances like that are live...

"caught" lip-syncing is a little much, it's clear just from their clothes (no mic packs) that they are lip syncing.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I usually hate this singling when literally most 4th gen groups are doing the same but part of me is glad these people are doing it now so that hopefully pressure sm into making preparation for live stages for new cb.

SM groups can sing and perform live perfectly

• SM groups can sing and perform live perfectly

I know that and why I want them to do it for aespa.

lt64IYu.gif

• Red Velvet also Lipsync today at the same event for most of their songs. I believe the only song that was live was carpool which is required no dancing. They also attempted to sing Red Flavor Live, but it seem the backtrack was so loud that I could barely hear them.

Let see what Knet will say about this.

Also, IVE did not sing Live

I suggest most group should follow stayc to get rid of this coming up. Sing with a hand microphone with loud back track. I dont see much difference here with lip sync, but I bet Knet and some people do. There, problem solve.

• Singing live with backtrack is considered live in kpop ..

This is barely Live except at the end, but you know what good about this? Holding a hand microphone and freely interact with the audiences is great. It's not sterile like music show where idols just focus on dancing.

It's time for kpop companies to stop too strict on cheography and sync and let idols have fun at a Festival. I repeat. It's not a music show.

• It has become their image now, everytime they'll lipsync they'll get dragged. SM should have let them sing live in between, they're the only group who gets dragged the most for lipsync when every group out there is lipsyncing

This is true. Although everyone is doing it, but like the old saying. If we keep repeating the same story, eventually everyone will believes it.

Like I said. Kpop performance companies and especially aespa Team should follow StayC way. It look more organic and shield them from criticism.

The only excuse I give aespa team is they performed at 2 events in 1 night. But why they booked 2 events in night perplexed me. When they announced this, I knew there is no way its going to be live like coachella.

• LS is basically like covid, no one likes it but we're doing to have to live with it.

Back in the day, gg's do university festivals even when theres no background music

• Back in the day, gg's do university festivals even when theres no background music

Although there is still back track not at the particular moment, but it does not matter. This is what i am talking about. Just let the idols have fun with the crowd. Just let them walk around and sing their hearts out. Not too much focus in dancing and synching.

People come to the Festival to interact with the performers, not watching idol do their perfect dance on music show. I guess YG figured this out long ago. SM is still a dinosaur.

• Although there is still back track not at the particular moment, but it does not matter. This is what i am talking about. Just let the idols have fun with the crowd. Just let them walk around and sing their hearts out. Not too much focus in dancing and synching.

People come to the Festival to interact with the performers, not watching idol do their perfect dance on music show. I guess YG figured this out long ago. SM is still a dinosaur.

I agree with the "just let idols enjoy the performance and interact with the crowd" :thumbup: it makes the performance so much better and better in the sense of really enjoying it.

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!