SK Politician, who helped to expose the Produce scandal, says BTS's military exemption won't be passed

• https://m-khan-co-kr.translate…&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc (English translation)

BTS will not be eligible for special military service. Considering the equality of military service and the supply and demand of military service resources, the special military service system itself should be abolished.”

==

Ha Tae-kyung, who is a member of the incoming ruling party, is a politician who is kinda aware of KPop. He was a physics major , and he was involved in exposing the Produce cheating scandal and contributed to the disbandment of X1.

He also said the congressman who was favorable for BTS's exemption won't serve as the head of the subcommitee which will decide BTS' exemption in the upcoming shakeup of committees which are a few weeks away, and the majority of the subcommitee, including himself, are against giving BTS the exemption.

The Horror has arrived

And Lee Jieun gets to laugh the last.

• Before Army starts panicking, let's remember that this could actually be a blessing in disguise. As long as Hybe doesnt do something insanely stupid like sending them all in at once, Hybe can use this time to jumpstart the members' individual branding and careers.

Imagine all the hype from individual solo releases. Subunit releases. Instead of coming back once or twice a year, Army could get 3 or 4 comebacks each year of solos, subunits and collabs. Imagine if each member becomes a household name in the US, as recognized as Harry Styles or Selena or Olivia. Locals could finally get to know them as unique stars, not just dancing "clones" which is unfortunately a local stereotype of Kpop bands in general. Imagine individual brand deals for each member, their faces could be everywhere. This will give them a chance to be famous well into their 30s and 40s instead of ending up like the Backstreet Boys where no one knows each individual member.

It does suck if you're emotionally invested in the members cause we all know the Korean military can be a hellhole. There is no silver lining here. If my faves like Mina or Lisa ended up having to enlist, i would not like it one bit :pepe-puddle: .

• Before Army starts panicking, let's remember that this could actually be a blessing in disguise. As long as Hybe doesnt do something insanely stupid like sending them all in at once, Hybe can use this time to jumpstart the members' individual branding and careers.

Imagine all the hype from individual solo releases. Subunit releases. Instead of coming back once or twice a year, Army could get 3 or 4 comebacks each year of solos, subunits and collabs. Imagine if each member becomes a household name in the US, as recognized as Harry Styles or Selena or Olivia. Locals could finally get to know them as unique stars, not just dancing "clones" which is unfortunately a local stereotype of Kpop bands in general. Imagine individual brand deals for each member, their faces could be everywhere. This will give them a chance to be famous well into their 30s and 40s instead of ending up like the Backstreet Boys where no one knows each individual member.

It does suck if you're emotionally invested in the members cause we all know the Korean military can be a hellhole. There is no silver lining here. If my faves like Mina or Lisa ended up having to enlist, i would not like it one bit :pepe-puddle: .

I think going all at once will be better. They'll lose a lot of momentum in international markets by staggering enlistment and I have serious doubts that they can make any individual branding cross over into international markets. I just don't think they have enough of a foothold yet to split off into individual activities overseas. Korea and Japan, definitely. Anywhere else? Eh.

If they go all at once it won't be that long. Blackpink's current hiatus is already longer than a military enlistment.

Thats just a coping mechanism lmao

they can do individual activities without going to the military too

Edit- about the dancing clones part, i'm sorry but someone who views people like that isn't going to have any better opinion of solo asian artists too

• The Ministry of Defense opposes and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism approves.

Are they going to go head to head in the national assembly lmao

Ministry of defense almost always wins because they are more important, national defense and all especially in today's turbulent times with renewed Chinese hostilities, North Korean agreesion and the situation between Ukraine and Russia. That was a Wake up call to start arminng and going nuclear since that's the only gurantee nobody will invade you.

• Ministry of defense almost always wins because they are more important, national defense and all especially in today's turbulent times with renewed Chinese hostilities, North Korean agreesion and the situation between Ukraine and Russia. That was a Wake up call to start arminng and going nuclear since that's the only gurantee nobody will invade you.

Wait I just googled and Korea doesn't have nuclear weapons of its own?! I know we provide defensive capabilities with our nuclear arsenal but I didn't realize Korea didn't also have its own nuclear weapons. It's certainly true that, so far, MAD has kept everyone in check but some countries are really pushing the limit of that rn. It still doesn't feel as tense to me as the Cold War though. I guess that's something positive. Although I was pretty young then so my perception might not be the most accurate.

Uh I am assuming w/3/7ish? of the boys having major medial issues/pain they will mostly be doing desk work. Suga for sure is at a desk. Jimin has some chronic muscle stuff. JK is debatable - I know he has some problems w/his leg. I think Jin, possibly Rm, Jhope, V?[I know he has injuries too] will enlist together normally.

So not that bad but privacy will be a concern.

BTS does what they want and they’ll be famous irregardless.

• they should have one MV recorded and kept in safe place

then when they can release that album in june

later on enlist

and somewhere in the middle of enlistment boom

HYBE drops scheduler for new MV

they can do single album, and boys can send photos with short hair

taken in military then company will use it as photocards

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A lot of ARMYs want them to go all together, i know i want that

hello

• I understand it’s stressful for army but it’s a VERY delicate political matter.

Not necessarily bts getting the exemption but that this decision will create loopholes for other “influential” persons to escape by.

• Either way let’s get it over with.

Damned if they do damned if they don’t

But Bts will win either way and army will survive too.

I still think it should be same rules for all. Don’t give exemption to sports stars and not idols who normally only have a seven year contract. Train them for a few weeks if you must and get them back in when they are done with the group.

• What's so complicated to make a decision anyway? It should be the easiest thing. Their achievements either grant them exemption or not. Decide and move on to something else ffs

Yes like stopping the suicide epidemic or something more important

• It’s just two years where they won’t be able to do any activities in person but as a lot of other idols have shown pre-produced stuff can fill in the gaps and suddenly 2 years feel a lot shorter.

Also you and your IU insertion. It’s not like IU was overshadowed by BTS until now, so I don’t see her being affected by their exemptions or military service

• Imagine if they go the other way around and actually get rid of all non-medical exemptions

Actually that is what this politician is saying. He and others , vowing to public pressure (read: opinion of Korean men in the 20s), intend to end all non-medical exemption.

• I think going all at once will be better. They'll lose a lot of momentum in international markets by staggering enlistment and I have serious doubts that they can make any individual branding cross over into international markets. I just don't think they have enough of a foothold yet to split off into individual activities overseas. Korea and Japan, definitely. Anywhere else? Eh.

Going at once means IU will own KPop for the next 2 years and other acts will take its place.

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!