Can we finally admit that Hwasa is the most influential idol from last gen?

• - Unmatched and unique stage pressence

- Great vocalist, can also rap

- Made popular a bunch of western beauty standards

- A bunch of solo hits

- She is literally Hyori's new daughter

- All over variety shows

So, What she inpired then?

- She easily made tik tok challenges relevant. Following Hani's impact and we love to see it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- She made project groups a thing along with Hyori.

- Made long nails and long black hair a thing

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Huge among GP

- Sold out a bunch of dishes all over SK

- Made this with no big label behind her. Truly an icon.

• I say top 3: unironically for non-big3 groups I think she was the biggest influence in terms of marketing. Someone like Jennie ofc is extremely influential in her own way but I see a lot of smaller companies trying to replicate MAMAMOO's path to success though Hwasa.

• I feel she shares that with Jennie....especially atm....however tbh people on akp downplay mmm and hwasa a lot so I'm here to balance that out.

I'm tired of the drags invalidating her popularity at this point.

One comeback after a string of hits didnt do well- Well she still was going viral on multiple platforms at the time.

She only does local products- Ma'am has had done atleast one photoshoot or cf with the following brands since 2020-present and been invited to multiple fashion shows for years now: Gucci, Burberry, Louie Vuitton, Bulgari, Dolce and Gabbana, Valentino, Versace, Bulgari, Prada and Fendi.

She isn't acknowledged in sk- she has multiple titles

Anyway leaving the hwasa effect for educational purposes.

HWASA GL

HWASA EFFECTS

Instagram (1).png

Some online stores have put up notices that due to a surge in orders, the bungeoppang (fish-shaped bun) maker became out of stock and delivery has been delayed. Hotteok and bungeoppang went viral on social medias. She has also caused Hotteok mix to sell out at major shopping marts.

2021 - HOTTEOK & BUNGEOPPANG

Stargazing Garden.jpeg

Hwaak Tunnel Samji Park turned into Stargazing Garden. It was built in 2013 and was located in a rare location, so visitors were low. However, many tourists have been visiting after it was introduced by Hwasa on Oct 23 2020. Remodelling was completed on Sept 27 after spending about 150 million won (USD 127k) on changing the aging facilities and remodelling the stargazing themed photo zone and floor works.

2021 - STARGAZING GARDEN

-dbhoz2.jpg

In an episode of 'I Live Alone', Hwasa was seen wearing Vaidosa's 'Dog Family' T-shirt. Through their official website, they confirmed that they have received an overwhelming number of orders which caused shortage of stocks and delivery delay.

2021 - VAIDOSA TSHIRT

image (16).png

Seoul Shilla Hotel (a luxury hotel) with Lego have launched "My Little Bouquet with Lego". The Lego set gained interest after Hwasa's I Live Alone episode was aired.

"My Little Bouquet with Lego" is a healing package that allows guests to make Lego flower bouquet in their rooms, aiming at 'Kidult' guests.

2021 - LEGO

image (15).png

EMART Korea put up a 'Product Purchase Restriction' notice at their stores;

"Lego Flower Bouquet made by Hwasa made headlines recently. In order to give more customers the pleasure of shopping, we will limit the purchase to 1 each per person per day."

2021 - LEGO

image (14).png

In October 2020, on an episode of "I Live Alone", Hwasa went star gazing at Gapyeong Hwaaksan Ssamji Park. After the broadcast, netizens showed explosive interest in the star gazing location where Hwasa went. Her name and the name of the location topped online keyword search list. There were many posts on social medias about netizens who went there and even camped to see the stars.

2020 - STAR GAZING

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 12.31.30 PM.pn

Hwasa was seen making a cake with a few sponge cakes in one of the episodes of "I Live Alone". Convenience stores' staffs said the cake sold out after the episode aired and even with new stocks arriving, they were sold out as well.

2020 - SPONGE CAKE

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.29.44 PM.png

In another episode of "I Live Alone", Hwasa was seen eating a corn. After that episode aired, some fans posted on social media that corn sold out in a few online shops.

2020 - CORN

ElbWondVcAA4tCa.jpeg

Hwasa became a muse for Tommy Jeans in 2020. The brand mentioned that, after they had Hwasa as their muse for Tommy Jeans for their F/W products, they've achieved a 75% product exhaustion rate. They said that if a product has a 60% product exhaustion rate, it's usually considered a success. They also stated that some products which Hwasa wore on 'Hangout with Yoo' or showed through her personal Instagram account, they would sell out within 5 days.

2020 - TOMMY JEANS

image (12).png

In September 2020, Hwasa was one of the endorser for a clothing brand called, Andar. Their 'Air Touch Fit T-shirt' worn by Hwasa has received great attention as 'Hwasa's T-shirt'. This particular T-shirt sold out on the day of release causing an early sell out.

2020 - ANDAR

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.50.28 AM.pn

In May 2020, Hwasa was chosen as a model for a hangover drink by Lotte Chilsung Beverage. They had re-entered the hangover relieving beverage market after 14 years and despite the reduced number of drinking spots due to Covid-19, they still managed to sell 3 million cans in just half a year after its launch. They mentioned that "The advertising effect of Hwasa contributed to the success".

2020 - LOTTE CHILSUNG 깨수깡

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.03.46 PM.png

In an episode of "I Live Alone", Hwasa was enjoying her break by eating ramyeon at Han River. After the episode aired, many visited the exact same spot and the owner of a nearby convenience store mentioned that there was a rise in ramyeon sales the next day.

2020 - RAMYEON

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 12.41.34 PM.pn

Another episode of "I Live Alone", Hwasa was seen playing the music recorder and unexpectedly made recorder music sheets to sell out as well on respective websites. This has led to the music sheet websites to become overwhelmed with orders and had to announce a delay in deliveries.

2020 - MUSIC SHEETS

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.15.52 PM.png

In March 2020, Hwasa appeared on "I Live Alone" making fried tofu rice balls. After the episode aired, posts related to 'Steps to Make Hwasa's Fried Tofu Rice Balls' were posted in various online community portals. In a large online marketplace, ingredients for tofu rice balls were sold out for two days after the broadcast.

2020 - TOFU RICE BALL

image (8).png

In March 2019, Hwasa became one of the endorsers for Davich’s 'Trevues Palette' lenses and it gained popularity as it became known as "Hwasa's Lenses". According to reports, by the end of the month, Hwasa’s 'Trevues Palette' lenses were already sold out. Demand was so high, the company was unable to restock the lenses until end of the year.

2019 - CONTACT LENS

image (9).png

In August 2019, in another clip from "I Live Alone", Hwasa was seen using a Tangle Angel hairbrush. After the broadcast, the keyword 'Hwasa's Comb' became the number one search word on the portal site and the product was sold out temporarily. Tangle Angel issued a statement confirming that the overwhelming influx of orders were all thanks to Hwasa.

2019 - HAIR BRUSH

image (7).png

In February 2019, Hwasa was seen mixing jjapaghetti and truffle oil in an episode of "I Live Alone". This new recipe instantly became a hot topic. The sales growth rate reached 20.5% in just one week and has been popular among consumers. The retail sales of jjapaghetti in the first half of the year recorded KRW 91 billion, an 8.5% increase from the previous year.

2019 - TRUFFLE JJAPAGHETTI

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.36.51 AM.pn

In "Let's Eat Dinner Together" show, Hwasa was seen talking about tonguefish (bakdae) while eating it. After the show aired, her name and 'tonguefish (bakdae)' topped online keyword search list leading to high sales. Through their official social media account, Gunsan Park University Local Project Team awarded an appreciation plaque to Hwasa.

2019 - TONGUEFISH

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 4.10.50 AM.png

Hwasa was seen eating seaweed crackers on "I Live Alone" which caused them to sell out in South Korea. It was reported that the sales of seaweed crackers have increased 50 times after the show aired and factories have then received huge amount of orders and cannot be produced on time to meet consumers' needs. A popular company that produces and sells seaweed crackers gave her an appreciation plaque to thank her for the increased sales.

2018 - SEAWEED CRAKCERS

image (4).png

In July 2018, after another appearance of Hwasa on "I Live Alone", she has yet again caused a shortage of soy sauce marinated crab. Her name and 'marinated crab' topped online keyword search list leading to increased sales.

2018 - MARINATED CRABS

image (3).png

Hwasa's impact after the "Gopchang Craze" has earned her a partnership with Lotte Home Shopping. The “Hwazakaya” gopchang set which she promoted, reportedly sold 5,000 units within just 60 minutes, estimated to be about KRW 300 million.

2018 -HWAZAKAYA

image (2).png

In August 2018, Hwasa became the model for Subway in South Korea. They then revealed that the sales for Subway in August has increased by 30%.

2018 - SUBWAY

image.png

Hwasa's first appearance on "I Live Alone" has earned her the titles "Gopchang Goddess" and "Hwasa Effect". She started a national "Gopchang craze", causing the delicacy to sell out across the country. The restaurant now has over 90 branches nationwide and also expanding into the US market. South Korean by-product meat association has awarded Hwasa with a trophy of appreciation for promoting the gopchang dish and increasing the ingredients’ sales

Desbundar

• As for what she's doing the past month or so alone she's been a hot topic for idk existing. This is not all I just got lazy.

And for 2022 despite laying low compared to previous years in endorsements alone she be raking in money:

Prada.jpeg

PRADA

January 2022

#PradaSS22

• Instagram

272150376_4535702133195200_887584652085577188_n.webp

LOUIS VUITTON

January 2022

Louis Vuitton Watches

• Instagram

272775042_423546862879264_8753067924073425469_n.webp

TOMMY JEANS

January 2022

Tommy Jeans on a break

• Instagram

274503799_1127381644703313_4363352779083787170_n.webp

PRADA F/W'22 FASHION SHOW

February 2022

Miuccia Prada & Raf Simons's F/W22 Womenswear Show

• Instagram

Singles.jpeg

Hwasa's "Rock Chic Look" with Zadig & Voltaire's S/S theme of "Love Yourself".

March 2022

SINGLES x ZADIG & VOLTAIRE

ASH.jpeg

ASH

March 2022

Hwasa selected as ASH's brand muse. An international style icon, a confident personality, charismatic trend, and icon's beauty beyond ordinary standards.

• YouTube
    • Instagram
    • Instagram
    • Instagram
    • Instagram

275972024_1042430476687659_5831275114146468291_n (1).webp

• Instagram

LV Volt, a graphic fine jewelry collection

March 2022

LOUIS VUITTON

277835850_461057515811149_3219994258048021796_n.webp

• Instagram

Serpenti Seduttori Collection

0y_-8kmooxjEBipKQ

Desbundar

• She's one of the top. I don't know if I would say "THE" most influential, but she is definitely one of the top to come out of 3rd gen. There aren't very many 3rd gen idols who reached her peak. I think the only reason people are doubting her now is because they never wanted her to be there and her last song didn't live up to the height of her previous songs.

I think it's too soon to count her out just because of that.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• She's one of the top. I don't know if I would say "THE" most influential, but she is definitely one of the top to come out of 3rd gen. There aren't very many 3rd gen idols who reached her peak. I think the only reason people are doubting her now is because they never wanted her to be there and her last song didn't live up to the height of her previous songs.

I think it's too soon to count her out just because of that.

There's no doubt she's influential...she just targets a different demographic than the typical idol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!