Kpop stans worship idols too much and it's concerning

• Some of you are treating those idols like Gods and that's hella weird. You need to realize that they are people like you, me and everyone else. They're not perfect neither they are flawless. We don't have the right to judge and blame them for their PERSONAL choices about their PERSONAL life.

"They shouldn't smoke, they set a bad example and people will follow them" Sorry? If people are so stupid to follow some person they haven't even met and do something like this then they should bare the consequences. No idol is responsible for y'all's obsession of wanting to be like them. Get a life and look out of that odd kpop bubble you're in

• Exactly, idols are human just like everyone else. Anyone who believes they’re supposed to be these perfect beings who can do no “wrong” (I put in quotations since what’s considered wrong is subjective, especially for idol standards) really are down bad into the factory system format the industry tries to push

• they are public personas so they will be judged, but blamed? i dont think they should be blamed for their personal choices

I mean unless they committed a crime, offended a community, were racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc I don't know why should we pay so close attention to their personal life and choices

• Unhealthy idolizing has always been an issue with pop culture,it's just more accentuated in k-pop since keeping a super clean image is the standard for idols.

They're not even allowed to do the most mundane things like swearing and ''openly'' smoking,hence why people can easily buy into that ''perfect'' image,and when an idol does get caught doing any of these things everyone makes a fuss over it.

It sucks,but it is what it is.

• Unhealthy idolizing has always been an issue with pop culture,it's just more accentuated in k-pop since keeping a super clean image is the standard for idols.

They're not even allowed to do the most mundane things like swearing and ''openly'' smoking,hence why people can easily buy into that ''perfect'' image,and when an idol does get caught doing any of these things everyone makes a fuss over it.

You're right. And it doesn't help the fact those companies encourage that flawless image of idols. I mean, how can people call dating a scandal? People are holding idols to some unrealistic standards and they act like the world is ending when something as simple as swearing or smoking occurs

• It's true though, after the pic leaked yesterday i started to smoke and this is me right now: 2x-3.gif kkkkkk

Oh god, i still don't understand how people expect others to be perfect while they themselves are full of negative feelings and full of s tbh. I'll never be shocked over normal human things done by humans :thumbup: but if you tell me you saw a dog smoking... Oh oh... 8| kkkkkk

I don't know why people think idols don't smoke 🤣🤣🤣 yes some actually don't. Especially since it isn't good for your vocals. But let's look at the reality here. As a Korean man myself I know how Asian culture is and here a large majority of people smoke. This is even more prominent in China. Japan is also another high smoking country. The likely hood that your favorite idol is a smoker is about 65%. Fans need to quit this unhealthy obsession. I found it funny people lost their minds when they found V of BTS smokes lol not a big deal. I was mildly dissapointed with it, because my mother has smoked for over 40yrs and I have seen personally the change and damage it does to her. But everyone is free to make their own choices. Would be better if they didn't but meh you do you right

• This false perfect image creates naive people like this:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As if he couldn't try it in Korea. :cryingr:

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• It's true though, after the pic leaked yesterday i started to smoke and this is me right now: 2x-3.gif kkkkkk

Oh god, i still don't understand how people expect others to be perfect while they themselves are full of negative feelings and full of s tbh. I'll never be shocked over normal human things done by humans :thumbup: but if you tell me you saw a dog smoking... Oh oh... 8| kkkkkk

Right, people are big hypocrites. You and me, we are both allowed to smoke, drink, cuss and be a bad influence to others just because we're hidden from the public's eyes but God forbid seeing an idol with a cigarette!! :cryingr:

• Right, people are big hypocrites. You and me, we are both allowed to smoke, drink, cuss and be a bad influence to others just because we're hidden from the public's eyes but God forbid seeing an idol with a cigarette!! :cryingr:

Oh, i can live happily and freely, i even talk back at my parents bc i wanted freedom, but kpop idols being free?? No way!! I won't allow it! I need them to be my example!!

• This false perfect image creates naive people like this:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As if he couldn't try it in Korea. :cryingr:

Yup crazy ass stupid fans like that one are the problem. Say dumb shit like its that American water that's why this person acts like that. No newsflash that's how the real idol acts. You see this glimpse because overseas they can afford to let their guard down and let the mask of fakness slip. They are less likely to be recognized so they are allowed to be themselves. Second these places are nowhere near as restrictive or controlling as Korea which emboldens them to be "free". If he had been back home here in Korea the place he would have smoked Would have been at home or at hybe. Places saseangs can never get to. But overseas like i said you can afford to be less on edge and that can bite you in the ass at wrong time

• Would be nice if K-pop stans would see them as just regular people that fart, p*ss, get cranky, smoke stuff and other bad habits, instead of these idealized, perfected human beings that stans project on them to be.

But the reason why teens and teen+ folks get so deeply immersed into idols is often for that very reason, because they see them as rolemodels and persons to be inspired by or find support in in difficult times :/

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Taehyung smoking is quite literally a non issue. Like onlya certain sector are “concerned” and even then they not making a big deal out of it.

But yes, Kpop stans are annoying.. put these idols on a high pedestal because they feed into these over dramatized and aloof personalities they put out to the public.

• "They shouldn't smoke, they set a bad example and people will follow them"

I am not worried about myself being dumb and follow them but young kids and teens who still cant differentiate what is good or bad for them. Setting good examples is also part of idol's jobs as public figures.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• That's the annoying thing about kpop. I could care less about adults smoking, even more when they aren't glorifying it and just mindind their own business. I never saw an idol saying out loud how smoke is good and their fans should try it too,

This "example" thing reminds me of oldest child syndrome, the weight to be responsible for yourself and others is not good.

External Content www.youtube.com

• "They shouldn't smoke, they set a bad example and people will follow them"

I am not worried about myself being dumb and follow them but young kids and teens who still cant differentiate what is good or bad for them. Setting good examples is also part of idol's jobs as public figures.

thats a responsibility of a parent not idols. so idols openly talk about drinking alcohol and getting drunk, where is the outrage for that lol? this lame performative shit is getting old

• Are you aware that the people you're criticizing mostly consists of teenage girls? It's only a phase, therefore they'll grow out of it someday. It is beyond pathetic for adults to behave in this manner.

people who think smoking is harmful to the environment while using air conditioning and cars are pure braindead

Difference is that cigarettes, unlike the other two, have no inherent value to society. There are several harmful things that society requires in order to function properly, and cigarettes aren't one of them. Your statement is ridiculous.

• imagine being a 28 yr old male smoking and minding your business, someone takes a pic of you without your knowledge and now there is a sector of folks who wants to shame you and police you over it. i would understand if if he was like 16/17, thats a grown man for goodness sake.

If he was smart, he wouldn't have smoked in a place that's filled with cameras. Complaining about the 15-year-old fans that are angry about him smoking is useless He should've known better, and he should've done it at his own home where he isn't being filmed.

• Are you aware that the people you're criticizing mostly consists of teenage girls? It's only a phase, therefore they'll grow out of it someday. It is beyond pathetic for adults to behave in this manner.

Difference is that cigarettes, unlike the other two, have no inherent value to society. There are several harmful things that society requires in order to function properly, and cigarettes aren't one of them. Your statement is ridiculous.

uh huh

im no smoker but most people who smoke dont do it for the taste, they do it for stress relief

we use air conditioning not because we cant survive and thrive without it, but because its a luxury we can afford

any more righteous education?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• The discourse surrounding Tae smoking and the insane reaction to the scripted moment between him and Olivia Rodrigo is pathetic.

He is a grown man, he can do what he wants. I have never smoked but it's his choice. The fact people even get triggered by him flirting as part of a skit is insane too. BTS are grown men, I highly doubt they have never dated. Who cares?

• Obviously it is possible to live without air conditioning, but there are many people who live in extremely hot climates who would significantly benefit from it. What do cigarettes do to benefit people? You say that people do it to relieve stress, but there are many of stress-relieving alternatives available. Something like cars and or air conditioning cannot be replaced. It's not difficult to see why the comparison you made is absurd.

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!