Would you get married ?

• well ya

y'know family obligations etc ( my fam's chinese and I'm the only one in my whole fam that got a chance to pass on the last name lmao my uncle couldn't land a date for 30 years)

Also yup If I really love someone then I would go for marriage. If the girl badass enough I might even be a happy house-husband lmao but I am setting up for an engineering career because one can't have too much money in a capitalist society amirite.

the kids thing is going to be consensual lmao if she's up for it, i'm up for it. but I can't have too many little rascals running around I'd need to conserve energy. (also still gotta pass on the family name bruv. I ain't going to stop the tradition)

• No

i don't know any marriage who end up well, people always end up tearing each other but still stay together because they are married and i don't want to live this

and it's pretty bad to say, but if i'm in a relation if things go wrong i want to be able to just sit talk with the person and end up the things nicely and each one go on her own path

i don't want to waste months of my life on a divorce procedure and having to fight for keeping things who belong to me and end up hating this other person

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• i was always someone who thought of marrying and living happily with a bunch of kids, but these days i totally want to stay away from relationships and the idea of marriage for the pursuit of my own happiness. even if "the" one shows up one day, i won't marry them if im not satisfied with where i am and what I've accomplished with my life.

• To be 100% honest IDK...

Like if I like someone, and they like me back, then that is something. Right?

But does that mean that I have to marry them? I don't think so.

Both dating and marriage take huge levels of commitment, and I am not sure if that is for me.

I am fine with being solo!! <3:borahae::claps::shake-it:

But!! If I do find/form a bond with someone very special, then I can guarantee that I will hold them close to my heart and give them my everything <3 Bcz I am just that type of person, lol ^^

work in progress

• Yes. Thankfully I had good marriage examples in my life. Including my parents. I know it can work, it just needs work. And with the right partner you can both push each other to accomplish big things.

Also i don’t get why so many people think you can’t have a career and be married (have a family) at the same time. So many extremely successful people have their own family.

Also i don’t want to die lonely with nobody on my side when I’m old if I didn’t had my own family.

I had a work experience at a retirement home and all of those who had no family were so lonely and literally waiting for their death….

• oh second thought marriage is a big gamble and has a lot of chance of loss so I guess I might hold off until I know what I'm doing lmao

• marriage has always been my end goal while dating. i really want to have a biological child and while there's nothing inherently wrong with single parentry, i would just like to provide a stable two parent household for that child. i am currently dating someone that i would marry in a heartbeat, but we're both taking our time to make sure this is rlly it for us. he's also apprehensive because he's the first person i've been in an official relationship with, past a few dates, but i rlly don't have much of a want to date around or "see whats out there". i just want to find someone i can make it work with because of the love we have for each other.

i see a lot of people mentioning that marriages "always go bad" in this thread and i think the real problem is that many people romanticize the concept of marriage and don't consider how much work it is. relationships are hard work. in a partnership there is constant compromise and communication needed to keep things from going south and becoming unsalvageable. many people are selfish, or they don't realize things about their partner that they can't deal with and don't say anything about until they get so irrationally (or rationally) angry about those things that those things become a deal breaker. marriage is definitely not for everyone and its nice to see some people in the younger generation making the choice to not get married for their own happiness.

who's your favorite artist?

• If I found someone who I'd love to spend the rest of my life with, yes. Some things are slightly cheaper (in a way) when you are married, it would be proof to the person that I love them (if they ever doubted my love to them or beat themselves up mentally, I could say something along the lines of: "You're good enough for me at least, or I would not have married you."), I could have help raising my future children I want to have, if one of us ever had to take a break from work, the other one could still be making money and I don't know. It just seems easier to me to have someone there to help me in life and I love helping people, so I'm sure I'd have no problem helping them. Besides, I've always wanted to have that perfect, dream wedding of my own (and help plan the entire thing because I'm a control freak) and that way I'd have a good reason to. Have a great day/night!

• marriage has always been my end goal while dating. i really want to have a biological child and while there's nothing inherently wrong with single parentry, i would just like to provide a stable two parent household for that child. i am currently dating someone that i would marry in a heartbeat, but we're both taking our time to make sure this is rlly it for us. he's also apprehensive because he's the first person i've been in an official relationship with, past a few dates, but i rlly don't have much of a want to date around or "see whats out there". i just want to find someone i can make it work with because of the love we have for each other.

i see a lot of people mentioning that marriages "always go bad" in this thread and i think the real problem is that many people romanticize the concept of marriage and don't consider how much work it is. relationships are hard work. in a partnership there is constant compromise and communication needed to keep things from going south and becoming unsalvageable. many people are selfish, or they don't realize things about their partner that they can't deal with and don't say anything about until they get so irrationally (or rationally) angry about those things that those things become a deal breaker. marriage is definitely not for everyone and its nice to see some people in the younger generation making the choice to not get married for their own happiness.

I'm glad you found someone that you love to date and I really hope the two of you can get happily married one day when the time is right for both of you. That's the thing: relationships are hard work. You don't just get them handed to you on a silver platter, you have to put in real, actual effort into starting and maintaining them. Once you do that though, they become the most valuable and priceless thing anyone could ever hope for (if they are healthy and strong ones). It always breaks my heart when I pour so much work into a relationship, only to see the other person drop it at the tip of a hat. I sincerely believe that if both people actively work on their relationship, a relationship between nearly any two people is possible. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk and have a great day/night!

• i see a lot of people mentioning that marriages "always go bad" in this thread and i think the real problem is that many people romanticize the concept of marriage and don't consider how much work it is. r

That’s the main problem tbh… also people getting married to someone they don’t really share the same values or goals in life with. Being in love is one thing, but if everything else isn’t really compatible the moment everyday life starts and your out of that crush phase, you realize it won’t work and if you have to make to many compromises or sacrifices it will lead to disappointments and resentment if you aren’t happy with those decisions.

Also being afraid of commitment, which I personally think is often the result of one not knowing themself or know what they want in life yet or past trauma of trust betrayal.

• As I get older, the more I don't want to get married. I don't think I'm the type of person to have the patience. Maybe only to have a legal base in case of breaking up. I saw a lot of couples who broke up but they couldn't split things because they weren't mutual.

• Meh I don't care or mind either way.

My parents didn't get married until they were together for 21 years and that's only because they want to make sure the other is safe if one passes away due to social security and stuff.

~ ω

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!