why do i always see discussions about 4th gen it girl and 4th gen top ggs but never with bgs

• are bgs THAT irrelevant damn

like i don’t see many people fighting about 4th gen boy group fame besides their own fans

no one ever fights about who the top 4th gen dude is

meanwhile everyone and their mother argues about the girls

you’ll see fans of undebuted ggs arguing on wether they’re gonna be top 3 or not ( cough JYPNGG ) likeeee

• I mean, I used to see a couple of rankings between TXT, SKZ and Ateez, but I guess that bgs are so around the same level that it's not that interesting to rank them cause everything is so debatable?

Meanwhile the competition for ggs is much more fiercer, because they gain interest a lot more faster from people than bgs. A lot of people didn't expect Ive to do this well, no one expected aespa to become top1 gg so fast either, ggs always have high and lows more intense than bgs so I guess they are more interesting overall because of that? Idk.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• the boygroups all seem to be on a similar level rn

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i don’t think girl group stans care enough about bgs to do that lol most rlly don’t gaf

if you go on twt they’re just called flops and put under the same category

it’s just the fans of said groups that argue

You said only these boy groups' fans are arguing about that, I said it's the same for girl groups.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• A lot of people didn't expect Ive to do this well

I don’t understand why they did, i almost want to make a thread because i can’t tell if kpop fans are stupid or just not paying attention.

AB6ix, Kang Danial, Weki Meki, Pristin, tons of Broduce 101 soloist, Nu’est W, Nu’est.

You know what all these artist have in common???

They peaked at debut (or comeback after Produce) and gradually sold less/charted less as time went on. Even successful ones like Kang Daniel isn’t anywhere close to his debut sales numbers.

IVE having a successful comeback is THE MOST obvious thing to happen. They are on track rn to follow the rest of produce groups and decline.

If they are a top group still in 1.5years, then we can have a discussion about them, rn, nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

• Weki Meki did NOT chart or sell this well in their career ever o__o what are you talking about

the most comparable is Pristin but they sold 40k and still didn’t chart as well as IVE did

• You said only these boy groups' fans are arguing about that, I said it's the same for girl groups.

i see boygroup fans arguing aswell :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Yeah but none of these groups and artists you mentioned pulled the same numbers Ive did, and it wasn't Wonyoung or Yujin that went viral after debut, but Leeseo. They are already levels ahead of all the groups you mentioned, even broke big3 groups records... Their song didn't immediately rose to charts either, it was a gradual thing.

It's silly to think that's all thanks to Wonyoung and Yujin's power only. Actually just plain dumb and sounds like an attempt to discredit them.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• that’s their own fans

no one gaf about who’s the top 4th gen boy group besides fans of said groups

Just like It's also gg stans caring about these rankings, lol. I don't, for example.

I don't think It has nothing to do with they being around the same level. If anything, It should cause more discussions exactly because It's debatable and any fandom can hold arguments to put their faves on top depending on the metric that's being discussed. Not related to them being "irrelevant" too.

I think the problem is that Girlgroups often have more casual interest than boygroups. Boygroup stans are more hardcore. They are "bg stans" but for their faves mostly.

So even If the hardcore fans of the ggs don't want to discuss, there will be a couple of people to do this job for them, so the fans will end up feeling forced to discuss anyway, because they see their faves being dragged.

The thing is, 4th gen boygroups' fandoms here are not attackers, on allkpop. They only come to the main to make threads about their faves' news and achievements and to have fun and go to a Guild or something. So If they are not starting fights, the others won't have anything to defend and the fights won't happen.

Sometimes, as Catzi mentioned, there are casual people or trolls trying to make rankings or asking who is the top bg and It usually end up with the bg fans voting for their faves in a poll, mentioning them, mentioning their strengths and bye. There isn't really a discussion unless someone takes the first step and use a group to drag others (most of the time not even that way lol)

• The thing is, 4th gen boygroups' fandoms here are not attackers, on allkpop. They only come to the main to make threads about their faves' news and achievements and to have fun and go to a Guild or something. So If they are not starting fights, the others won't have anything to defend and the fights won't happen.

me when I lie :pepe-life-support:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I didn't say otherwise.

I meant that I see boygroup fans also arguing about 4th gen it girls :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Weki Meki did NOT chart or sell this well in their career ever o__o what are you talking about

the most comparable is Pristin but they sold 40k and still didn’t chart as well as IVE did

Did you read anything i wrote. You can’t compare Weki Meki or Pristin. You can’t even compare IOI to Izone.

I’m guessing your young because you literally couldn’t even begin to comprehend my point and just pointed out that weki meki sucks.

Go back and re-read my post, or better yet do your own research. Go look at Weki Meki, Pristin, Kang Daniel, AB6ix, and tons of other acts who came out of Produce group members. ALL and i mean all (except for a few exceptions like CIX) had their SALES & RELEVANCE decline the farther away their produce career group was.

Weki Meki>sales declined

Nuest & Nu’est W> sales declined

Kang Daniel> sales declined

Pristin> sales declined

Ab6ix> sales declined

Seeing a pattern???

It’s entirely possible IVE is just following the produce group trend and will have a big debut, then never reach that height again. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but the evidence is clear.

• *you’re :pepepizza:

• me when I lie :pepe-life-support:

Where did I lie? Do you see Stays making threads dragging TXT? Atinys dragging The Boyz? Engenes dragging Stray Kids? Deobis dragging Treasure? Etc Because I don't. Of course there are one or two who are problematic, but they are so minority that its not often, so you barely (or dont see) it happen. Who starts are often non fans.

• because BG are irrelevant in korea

the competition between GG is more intense than it is between BG, because GG need to exceed in everything, physicals, charting, to be consider at the top GG

meanwhile BG stan can only talk about physicals and argue about this considering that BG are irrelevant in korea and barely chart, and if they do it, they chart for few hours and are out of the top 100.

also it girl is mostly about members who are very popular in korea

if the group is anugu in korea, it'll be hard to have an it boy

and considering that bg are irrelevant in Korea, there's no need to have a discussion about the it boy of 4th gen because none of them is popular in korea, or making the buzz in korea or know in korea

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Where did I lie? Do you see Stays making threads dragging TXT? Atinys dragging The Boyz? Engenes dragging Stray Kids? Deobis dragging Treasure? Etc Because I don't. Of course there are one or two who are problematic, but they are so minority that its not often, so you barely (or dont see) it happen. Who starts are often non fans.

I won't say threads being made but there are quite a few 4th gen bg fans I see starting fights in the post replies when its unnecessary.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• All of these gg threads are just people trying to get groups dragged.

• As we both are saying, they are a few. I know, because I also have some users in mind. When I talk about fandoms, I'm thinking about how I see the majority moving, not 1-3 bad apples

so we agree with each other then

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Yeah but none of these groups and artists you mentioned pulled the same numbers Ive did, and it wasn't Wonyoung or Yujin that went viral after debut, but Leeseo. They are already levels ahead of all the groups you mentioned, even broke big3 groups records... Their song didn't immediately rose to charts either, it was a gradual thing.

It's silly to think that's all thanks to Wonyoung and Yujin's power only. Actually just plain dumb and sounds like an attempt to discredit them.

You gotta think critically Zzzz, but since you can’t, i will for you. Ofcourse none of those GGs pulled IVE numbers because Izone was way bigger than I.O.I. And i’m gonna assume you mean GGs, because Kang Daniel is at 500k for his debut album and definitely topped downloads as well.

All i’m saying is, a great debut from the center of a produce group is VERY obvious. You can see it as discredit if you want but it’s the truth.

Only time will tell if it’s produce hype or the actual group. You also need to remember sales overall have increased. IOI peaked at 100k sales and Weki Meki sold 50k at debut. Izone told 560k at peak, so IVE can literally sell 280k AND STILL be on track to decline like other produce groups.

• You gotta think critically Zzzz, but since you can’t, i will for you. Ofcourse none of those GGs pulled IVE numbers because Izone was way bigger than I.O.I. And i’m gonna assume you mean GGs, because Kang Daniel is at 500k for his debut album and definitely topped downloads as well.

All i’m saying is, a great debut from the center of a produce group is VERY obvious. You can see it as discredit if you want but it’s the truth.

Only time will tell if it’s produce hype or the actual group. You also need to remember sales overall have increased. IOI peaked at 100k sales and Weki Meki sold 50k at debut. Izone told 560k at peak, so IVE can literally sell 280k AND STILL be on track to decline like other produce groups.

Geez all of this essay to discredit their success lmao. No it is not obvious, especially not the non produce contestant getting more views than the ex izone members since *izone privilege* is so strong. Sales, maybe? Streams, definitely not.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• UM it’s 2022 not 2017 KPOP is growing now 4th gen groups sales are rising faster than ever no way IVE will end like weki meki their debut album sold 150k if eleven becomes a smash hit their next cb will sell at least 300k the other one never had a hit in the first place maybe hype that’s it but IVE got hype and charting the closest one were pristin and I saw their charting and y’all lied to us they never had a hit lmaooo

• kang daniel flopped so hard after his dating scandal.

The difference between the group you've mentioned above and I've is that they don't have an "it girl/boy" member in their group meanwhile I've has wonyoung. That girl is everywhere in korean socmed rn. I don't know if she's still gonna hold that hype until jyp and hybe ngg debut. :pepe-smug:

• I think IVE's physical sales can be explained by izone's success, especially since they have wonyoung and I think everyone was expecting great physicals, but I don't know If I would justify their digital success with that. They are coming for having a bigger hit than Izone ever had and any post produce act too

With this hit I think they may build their own hype for the comeback and wont depend on izone anymore.

Also It's not the first group with a produce group member from Starship, its their second and wjsn sales actually grew and their best digital performance happened years later. So it must be something right they do in their management i guess lol

• This thread contains 83 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!