After seeing what happened to RANIA and Blackswan do you think kpop is also made for non-asian girls

• do you think kpop is also made for non-asian girls 39

1. Depends on the situation (19) 49%
    2. No (18) 46%
    3. Yes (2) 5%

I know that some of you will say "talent has no nationality" and i'm 100% agree :-)

But if you think carefully, adapt and be accepted by another culture is not an easy thing, especially Asian culture

I think it's better to start career in the west ...

Idols coming from southeast Asia (+china) have a lot of difficulty so imagines idols from Europe, USA , Afrika </3

Ps: if you don't know what happened with blackswan then watch this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this is the FULL story of Rania (it's a bit long, but if you have time, you absolutely need to watch it)

" Failure has had no place in her career ” - Forbes

Edited 2 times, last by Panpriyah-lice ().

• honestly I'm not interested in non asian idols doing kpop and I don't think most kpop fans are either.

this is how I feel as well! kpop is a specific genre with specific requirements, and being asian is one of them! Also, companies that debut non-asian idols usually do it as a gimmick so I don't take it seriously!

• this is how I feel as well! kpop is a specific genre with specific requirements, and being asian is one of them! Also, companies that debut non-asian idols usually do it as a gimmick so I don't take it seriously!

yeah its always a gimmick by some nugu company with a shady ass track record . I wouldn't give black swan's company money even if I had jeff bezos money :pepenomad:

• If the industry wants non-Asians, they have every right to welcome them

At one point it was out of the ordinary to even accept Koreans from Western countries, let alone non-Korean Asians, and now non-Asians

I used to see it as bizarre, even cringeworthy due to EXP Edition & Chad White. But then Lana, Alex, & Fatou came in along with most of UHSN & they blended in well

• If the industry wants non-Asians, they have every right to welcome them

At one point it was out of the ordinary to even accept Koreans from Western countries, let alone non-Korean Asians, and now non-Asians

I used to see it as bizarre, even cringeworthy due to EXP Edition & Chad White. But then Lana, Alex, & Fatou came in along with most of UHSN & they blended in well

but the industry doesnt and the second point is also a lie cause quite a few first gen kpop idols came from America/Australia :sweatr1: . There was even a first gen idol band who had Japanese members. It's more common to see now but there was never really a stigma and a few popular groups had western/non-korean asian members.

• Koreans aren't complaining about non Asians in kpop, so I don't see why international fans make it controversial. Also I don't think RANIA and BlackSwan's situations should determine if non Asians should be in kpop or not. That company is just dumpster juice at managing

edit: had to edit because I literally CANNOT type. I broke my glasses okay don't laugh at me

• I think non-asian kpop idols are great. As long as they are respectful towards asian people, asian culture, and are talented hardworking people I don't see the problem with it.

But I really hope they don't go to trash companies like DR music.

I honestly wish Fatou had chosen some other company. I think she would have been better off anywhere except DR music.

• Koreans are complaining about non Asians in kpop, so I don't see why international fans make it controversial. Also I don't think RANIA and BlackSwan's situations should determine if non Asians should be in kpop or not. That company is just dumpster juice at managing

do koreans actually complain about non koreans in kpop tho? bc as far as i remember kaachi or whatever got its backlash from ifans and koreans didnt care. i never saw them saying much about exp or blackswan/rania either. they treat those groups like any other nugus

who's your favorite artist?

• do koreans actually complain about non koreans in kpop tho? bc as far as i remember kaachi or whatever got its backlash from ifans and koreans didnt care. i never saw them saying much about exp or blackswan/rania either. they treat those groups like any other nugus

yea that's what I said. Korean don't care about Non Asians in kpop it's only International fans that care lol

• Also I don't think RANIA and BlackSwan's situations should determine if non Asians should be in kpop or not. That company is just dumpster juice at managing

yeah i don't like how people are trying to use Rania and Blackswan as an argument against non-Asian idols when DR Music is complete garbage. like of course it's not working out for them, their company is terrible and hasn't had a successful group since Baby V.O.X. it's not the girls' fault they're unsuccessful, it's entirely on DR Music.

actually, i don't think we'll be able to truly measure just how well non-asians fit into k-pop at all until a mid-sized or big company with a decent amount of resources debuts a non-Asian idol.

• yea that's what I said. Korean don't care about Non Asians in kpop it's only International fans that care lol

oh you said "Koreans are complaining about non Asians in kpop". guess it was a typo. i should have read the whole post for context, sorry!

who's your favorite artist?

• yeah i don't like how people are trying to use Rania and Blackswan as an argument against non-Asian idols when DR Music is complete garbage. like of course it's not working out for them, their company is terrible and hasn't had a successful group since Baby V.O.X. it's not the girls' fault they're unsuccessful, it's entirely on DR Music.

actually, i don't think we'll be able to truly measure just how well non-asians fit into k-pop at all until a mid-sized or big company with a decent amount of resources debuts a non-Asian idol.

Exactly, it's not like Rania was doing well before the international members were added. I don't see why this group should be the barometer of whether foreign idols can make it when DR has been struggling for a decade.

• do koreans actually complain about non koreans in kpop tho? bc as far as i remember kaachi or whatever got its backlash from ifans and koreans didnt care. i never saw them saying much about exp or blackswan/rania either. they treat those groups like any other nugus

I feel like some non-Asian fans have a tendency to group all Asians under one umbrella so there is very little difference to them if a member is Korean or Japanese or Thai or whatever. They just view them as "Asian" and any Asian works for them in kpop. However, to many Koreans, someone who is Chinese or Thai is still a foreign idol and they probably don't differentiate that much unless they have a problem with a specific nationality or ethnicity.

Also, I think some international fans get more wrapped up in the cultural aspects of liking kpop which wouldn't be a thing for Koreans.

• It comes down to how they are blended in imo. Most of the time when a non Asian member is in a group the company is either bad or very small. If a company like JYP,SM, YG etc were to debut a non Asian the idol would have chance imo.

• but the industry doesnt and the second point is also a lie cause quite a few first gen kpop idols came from America/Australia :sweatr1: . There was even a first gen idol band who had Japanese members. It's more common to see now but there was never really a stigma and a few popular groups had western/non-korean asian members.

1. I said “IF” they want them. And they clearly are enough within the industry if we’re starting to see more now then b4, a small portion is still more than the non existent amount from b4
    2. It’s not a lie at all, Korean Americans had a stigma during the time. There was a Korean-American soloist who’s name I don’t remember who was said to have changed Koreans views on them
    3. When I said accept Korean Americans, I’m talking about Koreans liking them. Cuz in the 80s/90s they had a bad view on them. Not that companies didn’t except them. And before you make idols like those from GOD & such, they came out in the late 90s, what I was talking about is mostly early-mid 90s and prior

So yeah….

Edited once, last by Lubby00 ().

• I mean America, supposedly the most equal and diverse place in the world, still don’t have many successful Asian artists despite Asians being there for so long, then it’s hard to expect more from a homogenous place like Korea.

• honestly I'm not interested in non asian idols doing kpop and I don't think most kpop fans are either.

are you asian? i don't think majority of asians care much what the race of that foreign member is.

some korean sport clubs have been in big messes without any foreign player involving.

• Not at all. Westerners, Muslims, Indians, Latinxs, etc. have much different values from Korean and even Chinese people in those countries. there's too much restriction and odd social rules for them to not run into huge problems. imagine a kpop company telling an American youth at the peak of their hormonal stage that they can't date

• Not at all. Westerners, Muslims, Indians, Latinxs, etc. have much different values from Korean and even Chinese people in those countries. there's too much restriction and odd social rules for them to not run into huge problems. imagine a kpop company telling an American youth at the peak of their hormonal stage that they can't date

You've never met an evangelical Christian, have you?

We already have big idols that are from the US and other western countries tho. Just because they're Asian ethnically doesn't necessarily mean they are radically different in their sensibilities, outlook, or mores than any other random American.

• We already have big idols that are from the US and other western countries tho. Just because they're Asian ethnically doesn't necessarily mean they are radically different in their sensibilities, outlook, or mores than any other random American.

They still had Asian cultural influence from their parent or mother side of the family. Not that they embrace it but they are more knowledgeable and prepared for it before they land in Korea

• KPOP Should Give Other Southeast Asians the chance first than Non-Asians, LIKE Vietnamese, Burmanese, Indians, Indonesia and Filippinos!

I mean, honestly, Korean companies don't owe it to anyone to make them celebrities. Other countries are welcome to start their own entertainment companies if they have lots of talented young people. I think we'll continue to see more Korean companies giving foreigners outside of East Asia a chance though, simply because kpop has more international fans now and it's a smart business decision.

many strictly religious american teenagers can so as many harshly trained american teenage athletes.

K-pop should, but Southeast Asians and South Asians are perfectly capable of creating their own lucrative entertainment industries.

We are not.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!