"Twice flopping" is a product of onces' insecurities

• I mean Twice just sold 700k albums and are doing better than ever internationally yet they are still being called flops...why? because they are not charting that well internationally

I swear international fans have a weird relationship with korean where they hold the korean charts and the opinion of korean public above all. We all saw how the opinion on aespa's songs did a full 180 once they started charting well.

For the longest time, Twice has been the Nation's girl group and onces, being your annoying selfs did not let anyone forget that. but now korea, which they deemed to be most important, no longer supports their faves like they used too. that title has rendered itself useless for Twice and is itching to be passed on to the next group. Onces however, are not ready to let go of this title and antis recognize this. they prey on the insecurities on onces and have managed to convince onces that just because they aren't korea's faves anymore they are flopping.

get a grip. korea isn't God.

forgot I posted this..... X/ anywhosies my point stands, God has abandoned twice seemingly.

Also alcohol free is Twice's best title track. y'all just don't appreciate taste. the simplicity is so calming and I feel many onces, many korea obsessed onces pass up any song that isn't a hit in korea...OPEN YOUR EARS

Edited once, last by pinkareu ().

• mate, I think in your first paragraph, the last sentence, you meant locally and not internationally

• 3 years ago twice were calling Local gg lol here now they are calling flop like

Kpop Stans are obsessed by Korea if the song is hit they will switch (ex Next level)

Which will be always funny to me is that every since feel special they have been called flop but as soon they drop their cb we see 689 threads about how twice is flopping why are you even surprised lol

• get a grip. korea isn't God.

In the Great Twice vs. Blackpink War of olde, it was Once who declared that Korea was indeed God though.

No wonder it hurts so much to see God walk away like this.

It's also confusing, right?

They be asking themselves,

Why did God abandon us so suddenly?

If we sacrifice Scientist & More & More in the fires of hate will that sate God's lust for destruction??

• The question has to be asked, for how many comebacks or how many years are a group supposed to dominate their domestic charts? 1-2? Maybe 3-5? Or is it just expected that they should dominate for every year they are active? Even in 2021 TWICE had a decent sized domestic hit with Alcohol Free entering their 7th year.

If you look at Aespa, StayC,Brave Girls or whoever is the next hot name in Kpop please think twice before assuming they will be dropping mega hits 6 years from now, they wont be!

If you're 5-6 years old and breaking everyone of your own records in sales, streams, views, etc and in one area you are no longer the behemoth your once were, yet still capable of the odd little surprise like AF, and that makes you a flop than 99.9% of all music acts around the world are flops.

• I mean Twice just sold 700k albums and are doing better than ever internationally yet they are still being called flops...why?

Because Kpop fans hate Twice, where have you been all these years when we had to put up with all these shit. We were the ones being called "haters" for actually fighting back. Because "good Onces" like bunions should only praise other ggs.

• I do not believe TWICE is flopping.

They are having immense success and selling wonderfully.

But I have long been an advocate of Korean centrism. And I think Korean sentiment is the heart of Korean pop.

So I am sad personally that TWICE is looking elsewhere for their success.

I wish, not only that TWICE focused more on Korea. But the entirety of kpop.

I lament its Western pivot.

And would welcome a return to Asia centric focus and a closer relationship with the Korean public a la 2nd generation.

• In the Great Twice vs. Blackpink War of olde, it was Once who declared that Korea was indeed God though.

No wonder it hurts so much to see God walk away like this.

Wow, that's how you put it now? Once declared Korea God? Onces were just making a point that Korea is important when bitches were coming at us with SEA youtube views. Now we are at fault again? How surprising

• In the Great Twice vs. Blackpink War of olde, it was Once who declared that Korea was indeed God though.

Nope not true until people started to exaggerate how bad twice was doing internationally, then onces started fighting back. Like what did you expect would happen?

Not even once, did I see a once calling blackpink flop or whatever, just because twice was charting higher back then.

But now people want to use this as an excuse to hate on twice :pepewhat:

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 2 times, last by lialve ().

• Nope not true until people started to exaggerate how bad twice was doing internationally, then onces started fighting back. Like what do you expect?

Yeah it's so odd how people twist what used to be said. TWICE was so underplayed back in 2016 to 2018 when people used to call them local(thoug even now ppl pretend their international success doesn't exist). ONCE used to fight back and point to domestic charts AND Japan charts where they were a household name back in the day selling 300-400 thousand in Japan releases so it's different.

That was using Korea and dominance in the legitimate 2nd biggest market in the world. Compared to now people using Korea and Korea alone becuase all new gen gg's are flopping in Japan.

But to make it clear back in those days BP was much much less popular than they are now internationally and TWICE were a-list in Japan so it's not a comparable situation

• Nope not true until people started to exaggerate how bad twice was doing internationally, then onces started fighting back. Like what did you expect would happen?

Not even once, did I see a once calling blackpink flop or whatever, just because twice was charting higher back then.

But now people want to use this excuse to hate on twice :pepewhat:

You quoted the wrong guy tho

Anyway, bitches won't even let me access former forum archive to show how big of a shit blinks were and still are.

• You quoted the wrong guy tho

Anyway, bitches won't even let me access former forum archive to show how big of a shit blinks were and still are.

considering your past threads and comments . I am pretty sure you were on the same level, if not worse.

As for OP, Twice is not flopping, Korea is not the world and Twice are doing better than ever in other areas.

• considering your past threads and comments . I am pretty sure you were on the same level, if not worse.

As for OP, Twice is not flopping, Korea is not the world and Twice are doing better than ever in other areas.

Stfu with your same level bs, If fighting back put me on the same level so be it.

• You? Dude you were a freaking peacemaker and you were fighting us for fighting blinks :pepe-cut:

nah, I was fighting you because you were fucking insane.

And starting fires all over the place.

And I was the Once guild co-leader and we had some political arrangements in place with the Blink guild when it came to comebacks.

But you would always go off the rails.

I got freaking banned several times by attacking people who attacked Twice, and you can't say no to that.

Stop acting like a crusader for Twice. You were always a trouble maker.

• But to make it clear back in those days BP was much much less popular than they are now internationally and TWICE were a-list in Japan so it's not a comparable situation

"much less popular than they are now internationally" but d4 still hit #55 on the hot 100-

"much less popular than they are now internationally" but aiiyl was still featured in justice league in 2017

"much less popular than they are now internationally" but aiiyl was the second most viewed song by a korean act in 24 hrs, second only to gentleman (and we all know how much hype gentleman had)

2017-18 blackpink was more popular internationally than twice is right now.

i wont listen to anyone underplaying their achievements.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• And I was the Once guild co-leader and we had some political arrangements in place with the Blink guild when it came to comebacks.

Dude you were so proud of that, you even pretended to kick me out from there, when I never even posted there :pepe-hehe:

I got freaking banned several times by attacking people who attacked Twice, and you can't say no to that.

Stop acting like a crusader for Twice. You were always a trouble maker.

It really did feel like a crusader a lot of times tho. I am by far the one user blinks hate the most and I take pride in that :happyr:

• What a no context response this is.

Underpaying, what are you talking about? Un pick your knickers and read it again.

• Please I’m begging you just re-read the comment

OP said BP were less popular internationally that’s they are now which is true lol nobody compared them to twice okay why are you trying to bash twice you’re exactly proving the whole point of this thread

• Dude you were so proud of that, you even pretended to kick me out from there, when I never even posted there :pepe-hehe:

It really did feel like a crusader a lot of times tho. I am by far the one user blinks hate the most and I take pride in that :happyr:

Still proud of it bish :nayeon5:

Us three worked our arses off to make a very successful guild to have Onces call home.

And the only reason you were never kicked out was me.

And I'll be real here, it was because back then the guild ranking was based on how many posts you had.

And you had a lot.

I'm a realist and a capitalistic bish.

• What a no context response this is.

Underpaying, what are you talking about? Un pick your knickers and read it again.

Please I’m begging you just re-read the comment

OP said BP were less popular internationally that’s they are now which is true lol nobody compared them to twice okay why are you trying to bash twice you’re exactly proving the whole point of this thread

i've read it.

sure, bp was less popular than they are now, but they weren't flopping.

if you're going to say twice is doing well outside of asia rn, blackpink was doing better.

it was comparable. yall just didnt take those achievements seriously.

anyways, i'll stay out of here so pls dont quote me back<3

:pepelove2:

• I'll quote ya :borahae:

How you doing babe?

All good? Miss ya!

• im off my meds-

im just raging around picking a fight everywhere help~

my assignment gets turned in on monday so i'll come bug you then haha <3

how are you?

come bug me tomorrow, send in the assignment and I'll try finding stuff to fix.

Might suck at it, but doubt it.

I'm quite bad tbh, starting a new regimen of really hard medications.

Bleh. Hope I won't croak. Being old sucks.

But be sure to send your assign tomorrow and I'll do my best.

• i've sent in the biology one, the one i'm working on is a physics one

forced damped occilator

wasn't too hard but had to take a shit ton of readings so i'll finish the calculation tomorrow

i'll send it to you if akp allows us to upload excel files ahahaha

you're not old- you're young enough

you defs wont croak so chill and take the pills- i'll go take mine yikes

• "They weren't flopping" how am I to respond to this? I'm not a vastly clever person so please tell me the appropriate response?

I never said anything about them flopping! I never said anything about who is more popular now! What answer should I have to these things I never talked about?

Come on now.

• "They weren't flopping" how am I to respond to this? I'm not a vastly clever person so please tell me the appropriate response?

I never said anything about them flopping! I never said anything about who is more popular now! What answer should I have to these things I never talked about?

Come on now.

nevermind, i was raging.

the part i had a problem with, was the "it isnt comparable". that made it seem like twice's japanese achievements were far more important than bp's overall global ones.

either way, im just being crazy rn, ignore me

• nevermind, i was raging.

the part i had a problem with, was the "it isnt comparable". that made it seem like twice's japanese achievements were far more important than bp's overall global ones.

either way, im just being crazy rn, ignore me

Ah OK. For context I meant it's not comparable as in the importance of the Korean Market to now, when the Korean Market has shrunk for Kpop and the international one has boomed. Thats all I'm saying.

• Stfu with your same level bs, If fighting back put me on the same level so be it.

Yes, blinks forced you to fight soo much that you had to make these comments about Blackpink.

Dragging and Defending aren't the same thing.

Also, stop acting like you are an actual once. From what I have seen, you are using being a once as a reason to hate on Blackpink which is disrespectful to Blackpink and Twice.

• Ah OK. For context I meant it's not comparable as in the importance of the Korean Market to now, when the Korean Market has shrunk for Kpop and the international one has boomed. Thats all I'm saying.

i dont think the importance of either market has changed.

both were and are equally important. even if the korean market has shrunk that doesn't apply to established groups, only rookies.

anyway- twice and bp have been doing great and that all that matters

• thread is tame Lubby00  HardcoreBLINK  BlackpinkHouse your inputs?

I am here!!

As for this whole thing about I Fans and Korean charting, i am guilty as charged. I only follow Korean charting for all my faves, it's honestly a lot more fun. Charts are updated hourly, daily, weekly and even monthly, there are more charts to follow, and there are charts for both physical and digital sales clearly delineated.

I still can barely wrap my head around the Billboard charts, i have no clue how the Hot 100 works in terms of how exactly points are determined. How are streams calculated? What services are used? Are streams filtered and how? Are streams somehow limited by ULs or can you zombie stream the fuck out of them? What downloads are counted? How in god's name does the radio airplay portion work? Are they literally counting every time that a DJ of a radio station spins the song? And what radio stations are used? Is radio airtime bought by the labels as most people seem to think and if so, how can the Hot 100 be considered an objective metric of a song's popularity?

As for the Billboard 200, i still get confused regarding this "pure sales" number. I thought this was physical CD sales, but no, i was told that it somehow includes digital sales, either by downloads or streaming or both.

Billboard only updates once per week it seems so that's also not fun.

• Billboard hot 100 counts the best selling singles of the week

1 copy sold on iTunes or website sales = 1 copy

Streams are different the ratio is 150 streams = 1 copies

YouTube views don’t even matter western songs are flopping

Billboard count streaming chart such as Spotify Apple Music YouTube tidal deezer and Pandora’s

Billboard 200 counts the best selling albums of the week

Digital sales are called pure sales which counts the single sold on iTunes and the physical + streams from the album are divided to a ratio I don’t remember but I think it’s 1250 streams = 1 album sold

radio play is the most important factor even if your song doesn’t sell well as long the AirPlay is high you will chart

It’s the simple explanation but again billboard separate paid streams (Apple Music) and free streams(youtube)

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!