So when is Aespa officially getting recognized as Nation’s GG

• They are dominating Korea hard in the charts and sales as a GG. It took Twice just one comeback to be called NGG. Aespa after TWO full comebacks not getting crowned yet by the Korean establishment? What MORE must Aespa do? Win a triple Daesang? They are being put through so many hoops. I’m at a loss.

• I don't think they are a Nation's Girl Group type of group.

People seem to think that Nation's Girl Group is a title that just means "top popular girl group of the moment in Korea".

As if any group that rises to the top gets the title.

I don't think that's quite it.

I think there is an image requirement. The last two groups who were commonly proclaimed that by Korean media, etc. fit a distinct mold at their respective time periods when they were hailed "nations Girl Group".

Both SNSD and TWICE fit a youthful family friendly image that promoted a more conservative feminine ideal. They were a large groups of girls that the nation "fell in love with". Not only for their music and success but for what they represented and their ability to connect with more than just teenage kpop listeners, but also adults and families.

The title of Nation's Girl Group seems to be given out to groups that Koreans hold that particular type of affection for. That they serve a particular role more broadly than just being the most popular or top girl group of the moment. Almost like it means "beloved daughters". (This falls in line with the context of similar titles like Nation's Little Sister, etc.). These are very family friendly conservative and traditional images.

I think the type of the group you are drives this designation as well as your success.

And I don't know that AESPA as of yet fulfills that role. They may be too harsh and aggressive in image.

But we'll see. This isn't an exact science. And of course it's not an official sort of thing. It's all consensus driven by Koreans.

But I think there's a method to the madness.

• BTS is a girl group?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

i know im not fucking retarded.

NGG was just a tool used by Korea to put a face to the Hallyu wave. SNSD was the most recognizable internationally at the time of all KPOP, so they got it, TWICE was biggest in Japan so they got it, its all been replaced by BTS. NGG wont exist going forward because they dont need it.

• i know im not fucking retarded.

NGG was just a tool used by Korea to put a face to the Hallyu wave. SNSD was the most recognizable internationally at the time of all KPOP, so they got it, TWICE was biggest in Japan so they got it, its all been replaced by BTS. NGG wont exist going forward because they dont need it.

You're wrong on the reasons for both SNSD and Twice, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

• The title of nations gg does nothing, some of you more obsessed with it than korean themselves. If getting a couple hits was the requirement we would have several groups with it. The way I see it, it is still SNSD

Doesn't matter how you see it, Korea called and still calls Twice "the nations girl group". Can't believe we're almost in Twice's 7th year and people still try to belittle them over this.

You literally got the definition of Nation's Girl Group catastrophically wrong.

The reason they call it Nations' (Kung'in in Korean) is because it is STRITCLY referring to the KOREAN NATION. Whatever it is overseas, it has no consideration on this title. Koreans are very into this ethnocentrism shit. Obviously they care about international success but they say Nation they look very in-ward. This is why IU is called "Nation's Little Sister". Has nothing to do with how big she is in Japan or America or whatever, all that matters is that she's adored by Koreans, that's it.

• Their image doesn't suit the title. I mean talking about kwangya and what not lol. Also in today's climate it's an irrelevant one. Why u care? They can be successful and popular without the title.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I can see aespa having their own thing like bp is doing but I hope people will stop this nation gg bull it’s not gonna happen it’s not their concept. The only thing that is near is the produce gg but it’s not a real group so sadly

• and Nation girl group means absolutely fuck all when BTS is the true representative of Korea, which is what NGG always was.

Its not a IU or Bae Suzy situation.

BTS having their representative title does not erase another representative title, let alone discredit the artist who earned it.

By your logic, Big Bang’s existence would’ve meant SNSD was never NGG. No correlation & makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

This is giving misogyny

Edited once, last by Lubby00 ().

• The title of nations gg does nothing, some of you more obsessed with it than korean themselves. If getting a couple hits was the requirement we would have several groups with it. The way I see it, it is still SNSD

It’s Twice, you are in denial, stop

• This^^^ I don't think the "nation's girl group" title is solely based on popularity or sales. They need to fit a certain image.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Twice didn’t even debut in Japan when they got the title. And what would them being the biggest group in Japan have relevancy towards a Korean title? It’s Nations Girl Groups, not Girl Group Who’s The Biggest In Another Country

It’s giving cope

• It’s actually funny how people fought tooth & nail to deny Twice of the title (yes people who aren’t even Koreans thinking they had a say), like hoards of Sones, SM/YG stans, 2nd Gen stans, and of course Thrice having the upmost aggression to not only undermine Twice of something they clearly earned, but bash them as well in the process

Now we’ve gotten to a point where no one can factually deny Twice holds the title rn, and suddenly it’s irrelevant

If it was so irrelevant, why were y’all doing the upmost when they earned it? No one had that energy when SNSD had it, everyone was a Sone Warrior during that time. But now all of a sudden it’s meaningless and your faves are above it

Kpop fans are full of dung

And this is coming from someone who wouldn’t mind seeing a new NGG down the line

• This thread contains 142 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!