Squid Game wasn’t that good.

• It was alright but I was expecting more.

It was predictable.

Pros:

- Great acting from the Korean cast

Cons:

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I was interested because it looked like it came straight out of a manga. The concept reminded me of Alice in Borderland, As The Gods Will and Zero Game (manhwa).

Unfortunately, it was kinda predictable. I could call out on Episode 1 who was going be the host. And early-on who was going to be the Front Man.

But it's still enjoyable, except for the ending. They didn't explain anything. They left all explanations for a possible Season 2.

• I got to episode 2 and i absolutely hate .... OK SO they did the exposition in episode 1, finally got into the game itself in the 2nd half of episode 1.....but it was a lame game so you wait on episode 2 for a more interesting game....only for them to fucking go back to exposition in the real world again in episode 2 FUUUUUCK WHAT THE FUCK I DONT WANT MORE EXPOSITION I JUST WANT MORE GAMES AND DEATH

If you want to watch or read a good show with ACTUALLY SMART AND GOOD GAMES, go watch KAIJI or read LIAR GAME. Alice in Borderlands is pretty good tho

• I'd rather wait one week for next episodes of The Veil than watch more or Squid Game now...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the real life version is better

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i think the drama was good for the genre it is. it seems like people who don't like it have never watched this type of death game drama/anime/movie before. its literally a korean version of alice in borderland and did a better job of developing side characters than even that drama did imo.

just to rebut some of your cons

i agree there were plot holes and things that annoyed me. but overall it was prob a 7.5/10 drama for me for style alone.

who's your favorite artist?

• I got to episode 2 and i absolutely hate .... OK SO they did the exposition in episode 1, finally got into the game itself in the 2nd half of episode 1.....but it was a lame game so you wait on episode 2 for a more interesting game....only for them to fucking go back to exposition in the real world again in episode 2 FUUUUUCK WHAT THE FUCK I DONT WANT MORE EXPOSITION I JUST WANT MORE GAMES AND DEATH

If you want to watch or read a good show with ACTUALLY SMART AND GOOD GAMES, go watch KAIJI or read LIAR GAME. Alice in Borderlands is pretty good tho

I watched Kaiji the anime and it’s way more intense then the movie but it’s a hidden gem anime that a lot of people should watch.

Watching Squid Game it felt very similar to Kaiji but I haven’t watched Liar Game so I’ll probably go binge watch that later on lol. Thanks for the recommendations!

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I watched Kaiji the anime and it’s way more intense then the movie but it’s a hidden gem anime that a lot of people should watch.

Watching Squid Game it felt very similar to Kaiji but I haven’t watched Liar Game so I’ll probably go binge watch that later on lol. Thanks for the recommendations!

dont watch Liar Game, its only a live action series that i dont think is good. Read the manga for Liar Game instead haha its brilliant, and gets straight to the point very fast.

Agree on Kaiji anime. The live action movies are unwatchable. Pachinko thing was the most intense series of episodes ever haha

• It was average, no different than the dozen other death game movies/series than have been released recently. Genre is getting too played out now.

• I just finished it… I didn’t like the ending, but I guess they are planning a sequel.

I also don’t find it that surprising that they are trying to turn him into a hero… he went through a lot and he was filled with sadness and grief about what happened. (The reason he didn’t touch the money). He lost people close to him, people he even went in for in the first place (his mother)… I can understand why he wants revenge and his daughter is at a save place now. I think the reason behind all of it is why he changed his mind… at first he thought they just there to play games for money, just to find out they were just puppets for the amusement of rich people…. This will anger you too, cause this means they didn’t saw you as a human being.

I will admit it was kinda predictable that who will be in the finale at the end. The white actors were cringe and their dialogues awful. But they served their purpose.

I thought overall it was a good and interesting Drama, my first time watching a Drama with such a plot.

• I wouldn’t call it bad or average but it would have been better if they did it as a movie or a short series with like 4 episodes. I really loved the set design, the actors and the music but the ending was very predictable and the story fell flat until the end

• I saved this drama for the weekend after I saw so many good reviews, but,,,, I enjoy a lot of survival game-themed movies and watched so many movies with this theme, but Squid Game was,,,, less than average. Tbh, only Wi Ha Joon and Park Hae Soo made this show interesting, even tho they had more potential.

Everything was, indeed, predictable. Only 2 things surprised me lol. So sad that they didn't give a contestant role to Ha Joon T^T

The ending was really lame, inspired a little by would you rather (sorry, just my opinion) and nothing interesting. Many episodes were useless, they could have been merged and the games weren't really interesting. Does it deserve a second season? Not at all lol. I saw that it was more viewed than Sweet Home, but SH was way better.

• Speaking of Wi😳

0154AD85-58FC-4E9E-AE4E-3F8F772EC76F.jpeg

7C773B8C-5946-41FA-A5EB-3598D21FCD5A.jpeg

DEF44830-C0F1-432B-B353-A88A5B8F60B3.jpeg

• I found the beginning a bit boring, but then from episode 3 onwards I found the series brilliant. Sure, some things were predictable, but that didn't bother me. I found the series very interesting. Only the end made me a little sad.

I would give Squid Game an 7/10. Normally an 8/10 but I was disappointed because of the ending.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• I read that the director wasn’t sure for a season 2 bc of the workload.

I’d help him😬

• I read that the director wasn’t sure for a season 2 bc of the workload.

I’d help him😬

Do you know if a second season is confirmed?

I'd help him too. I had so many plans. :pepegrin:

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Do you know if a second season is confirmed?

I'd help him too. I had so many plans. :pepegrin:

No it hasn’t been confirmed but the director said those things so he’s def thinking about it.

Plus Netflix would never let this go after the succes!

• This thread contains 160 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!