(Official) The Love vs Hate "Sticker" Thread: The Original

• The tea is that everyone wants to hate on new songs to feel better about their faves songs not being that good either. :pepe-tea:

It happened with Lalisa despite being a cool song, it'll happen more until fans are satisfied with their faves releases and stop trying to feel better shitting on others.

• I definitely remember similar reactions to Kick It and Punch. I think people expect something similar to a previous sound and then they always pull something out of left field. It will grow on a lot of people like past title tracks have, but there will still be people who consider it a low point.

I mean there are still people hating on Fire Truck (it's a bop and the sooner we agree the sooner we can all put our hands up cause we're feeling the vibe.)

• Imagine being both tasteless and jobless enough to waste time bashing another group just because they’re doing well.

:pepe-flirt:

Lmaooo imagine being both tasteless, jobless and pitiful to bash group because they are doing well

to the point that you go dig into the depths of AKP forum to find a 2 months old thread about your favs latest songs from someone who isn't even a NCTzen, to copy the review in this thread to use it to bash NCT

*true story* x))

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I definitely remember similar reactions to Kick It and Punch. I think people expect something similar to a previous sound and then they always pull something out of left field. It will grow on a lot of people like past title tracks have, but there will still be people who consider it a low point.

I mean there are still people hating on Fire Truck (it's a bop and the sooner we agree the sooner we can all put our hands up cause we're feeling the vibe.)

That’s so weird tho. There are several other groups that consistently put out vastly different sounds and I don’t see them getting the same level of initial hate. Like damn if someone doesn’t like the song, there’s no need to spend so much time going in on it, leave it at that. I guess the more successful you are, the more haters you rack up.

:sehun10:

• Well, from what I saw today.....

1. There was a poor attempt at bashing them disguised as parody thread.

2. Some hate comments.

3. On AKP, It was like how a general NCT song is treated. Doesn't make it less any bad.

However on twitter, The reception couldn't be any worse and it was by almost all big fandoms. Lot of hate and negativity there.

I saw lot of things today, some really pathetic people here, I tell you that.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Personally I really dislike it, there are so many things about it that are the complete opposite of what I like. But it's not surprising, I also completely disliked Kick it for instance. I just think that NCT's music is really polarizing. But if the song is well liked among the fandom, that's great.

I mean I don’t think anybody is asking for everyone to love it or even like it. Taste are different. I just don’t understand why there’s a need to shit on a song or mock something they probably won’t listen to again anyways based off how some of these people talk about it and you aren’t even a stan/fan?

• That’s so weird tho. There are several other groups that consistently put out vastly different sounds and I don’t see them getting the same level of initial hate. Like damn if someone doesn’t like the song, there’s no need to spend so much time going in on it, leave it at that. I guess the more successful you are, the more haters you rack up.

:sehun10:

That's a very valid point. They've always been an easy target for some, them gaining this popularity over the year just makes it a bigger target. Their music being so decisive just amplifies it, I think.

• btw it`s okay if some don`t like the song, i think all nctzens know their music is divisive and not for everybody.. it`s just that some ppl have to get so mad about a song from a group they don`t even stan just say u don`t like it and go don`t be so extra trying to ruin it for the fans that do love the song

❤︎ Girls' Generation ❤︎ N C T ❤︎ Red Velvet ❤︎ ae spa ❤︎

6e9ff8522b602d528710161e21247989328c7faf.gifv3619ff6031a383f824fe1d511bcbfb7f249c21df.gifv

• btw it`s okay if some don`t like the song, i think all nctzens know their music is divisive and not for everybody.. it`s just that some ppl have to get so mad about a song from a group they don`t even stan just say u don`t like it and go don`t be so extra trying to ruin it for the fans that do love the song

Fr. Like damn I hated multiple recent releases from a certain group, but I didn’t go around to all their appreciation threads or even like on Twitter and shit, to start joining a hate train just because I thought the songs were hot trash.

:rv23:

• I mean I don’t think anybody is asking for everyone to love it or even like it. Taste are different. I just don’t understand why there’s a need to shit on a song or mock something they probably won’t listen to again anyways based off how some of these people talk about it and you aren’t even a stan/fan?

You asked why people hated it so I gave my opinion as someone who indeed hate that song.

But I feel the same regarding these type of comments you talk about, that's why the post you quoted was my first one about the song because I did not feel it was necessary to add to the negativity. It's nothing new though, I still can't understand why anybody whould make a special thread to review a song by a group they dislike or don't care about like what happened with PDT or with MIM.

• I've disliked releases by certain big groups - I listened, ignored and kept it moving.

The glee and excitement with which certain users have piled on to trash the song is very revealing - it's less about the song than whatever threat they feel NCT is to their faves.

Personally - I love the song, its a bop and gets better and better with each listen. I'll take experimental any day over boring, generic milquetoast! - that's the worst thing a Kpop title track can be in my opinion.

• Ngl I was thinking something specific.

:pepe-hehe:

Tbh I’ve seen not here on AKP in particular but some nct and Sm stans who do listen to other group’s noise music and Unironically call it “noisy”

Idk why noisy BG stans call each other’s music noisy it’s always funny to me. Besties yall on the same boat here :pepe-cringe:

Ppl should stop going out of the way to antagonize other fandoms and stick to their spaces. Alas.

• A lot of posts today are pretty normal. They're not being mean, just posting their honest thoughts. Maybe being blunt comes across as rude and I'll take the honest opinion over sugarcoating. But I'm different. You do you.

There's a lot of positive thoughts too, but then this thread wouldn't exist, would it?

• I'm just glad it was an EXO-L who made this and not an nctzens. At this point is the usual. 127's music isn't for everyone.

Also like we told ARMY when PTD came out, who thought BTS was specically being targeted for hate, it happens to all popular groups, so like i said, its to be expected, especially if the song is something not generic/easily palatable.

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• It's on brand tho.

NCT 127 has consistently continued to release polarizing tt (which is funny, because in general the b-sides have a much different vibe, which is why it cracks me up when people say they're not "into that type of music" because 127 is like 60% r&b/pop, 20% hip hop, 20% experimental. On any given album, there are maybe 3 songs with that experimental flavor, but that's a side tangent.)

The tt have been divisive since the start and I appreciate that they haven't changed that aspect of their sound to suit mainstream kpop tastes YET have still found success. (Similar props to Stray Kids for that too). People complain about kpop being boring, then complain when songs aren't so.. 🤷‍♀️ Overall, this "hate" is increased by the fact that they're selling 2M albums. I guarantee if they weren't selling, people would care a lot less.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I'm just glad it was an EXO-L who made this and not an nctzens. At this point is the usual. 127's music isn't for everyone.

Also like we told ARMY when PTD came out, who thought BTS was specically being targeted for hate, it happens to all popular groups, so like i said, its to be expected, especially if the song is something generic/easily palatable.

Exactly. Maybe it’s just the certain level of hypocrisy that has me like beetch tf.

:suho5:

• it is garbage and a horseshit no needs to lie ...LSM just lost his touch exo last comeback was a forgettable flop song, red velvet was a snoozefest , aespa was just a remake and nct music is gog and magog theme songs.

LSM soldiers should just humble themselves. :pepelove1:

Chile get out my thread. You’ve been part of AKP for the whole year, yet a quick search tells me all you do is slander other groups in the name of “Army” with your 80 something posts. Army wouldn’t want you either<

:aespa2:

• It's on brand tho.

NCT 127 has consistently continued to release polarizing tt (which is funny, because in general the b-sides have a much different vibe, which is why it cracks me up when people say they're not "into that type of music" because 127 is like 60% r&b/pop, 20% hip hop, 20% experimental. On any given album, there are maybe 3 songs with that experimental flavor, but that's a side tangent.)

The tt have been divisive since the start and I appreciate that they haven't changed that aspect of their sound to suit mainstream kpop tastes YET have still found success. (Similar props to Stray Kids for that too). People complain about kpop being boring, then complain when songs aren't so.. 🤷‍♀️ Overall, this "hate" is increased by the fact that they're selling 2M albums. I guarantee if they weren't selling, people would care a lot less.

This is true. I really love that NCT as a whole have completely leaned into their sound and continue to push it to the edge. A lot of groups have gravitated to that edm heavy/loud/noisy/etc sound. I'm not surprised to see a lot of comments last night wishing Lemonade had been the title track because that's in the same boat everyone else is doing, while Sticker is a continuation of the experimental brand that has been NCT 127's title tracks.

• Anywayssss

This is true. I really love that NCT as a whole have completely leaned into their sound and continue to push it to the edge. A lot of groups have gravitated to that edm heavy/loud/noisy/etc sound. I'm not surprised to see a lot of comments last night wishing Lemonade had been the title track because that's in the same boat everyone else is doing, while Sticker is a continuation of the experimental brand that has

been NCT 127's title tracks.

I'm checking out their album as we speak and Lemonade is a bop too omg.

:pepemusic:

• This thread contains 443 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!