[Confirmed] Soojin has decided to leave (G)I-DLE. (G)I-DLE to continue their activities as a five-member group

• True. Cube probably just wanted her out so that they could go back to making money off idle without hate from the Korean public. They probably thought it would be better to have her leave then to keep her. I kind of wonder why Hyunjin didn't get the same treatment she did, but I mean I cant compare since cube cant handle a scandel well at all.

It's unclear. Maybe the case is over and she lost. Or maybe she won, but not convincingly enough? Shouldn't we have heard about it anyway from a k-media? Or maybe it's not over but if so, why the withdrawal now?

It's weird to think Cube might have got rid of her since they easily could have done so months ago and spared themselves the trouble. For sure they want to schedule (G)I-DLE 's next comeback and not postpone it any longer. But even so, they could have just kept Soojin on hiatus if her case still needed more time. Companies are so secretive it's really annoying.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• For people who say that 'Soojin said she would leave the group if she is guilty'

It does not necessarily mean that just because she left the group she is guilty.

Like I don't know how to explain this well. It's like for example I say 'I will leave my house if it doesn't rain', but even if I choose to leave my house later, it does not necessarily mean that it isn't raining

Or 'I will do the dishes if I'm free', but if I choose to do the dishes later, it does not mean I'm free, maybe my mum nag at me for it or something

Just saying, just because A happened not does not necessarily means B is true

• What did they seriously expect with the kind of statements they released ?

"If the rumors are true I will leave the group" HOW could it be possible to prove (for each side even) that she did or didn't bully all those years ago ?

This is the worst crisis management case by a Kpop company for this kind of scandal.

A mess :boredr:

Edited 2 times, last by nevrldpop ().

• and let's not forget the possibility that CUBE may have kicked her out.

• People defending her, do you seriously understand what type of trauma being bullied at school cause for these children, for a whole LIFETIME??? Have you scrolled through the articles which stated Korean teenagers committed suicide due to the trauma???? You are all bystanders.

Sure everyone deserves a second chance, IN CASE THEY ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Admit to your mistake, reflect and be mature. Just like Irene did (she is a great example of a role model when it comes to scandals, and I am not even her fan.) In Soojin's case, she refused to get off her high horse just because of her moderate level of fame. God knows how she would even act if she was Irene level famous. How she lied to her agency and triggered them to start a lawsuit, how she acted selfish and hurt other members' careers and the group's brand. Do you not see the logic???? She herself said she will leave the group if allegations are true, and so far she has failed to prove she is innocent.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People defending her, do you seriously understand what type of trauma being bullied at school cause for these children, for a whole LIFETIME??? Have you scrolled through the articles which stated Korean teenagers committed suicide due to the trauma???? You are all bystanders.

Sure everyone deserves a second chance, IN CASE THEY ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Admit to your mistake, reflect and be mature. Just like Irene did (she is a great example of a role model when it comes to scandals, and I am not even her fan.) In Soojin's case, she refused to get off her high horse just because of her moderate level of fame. God knows how she would even act if she was Irene level famous. How she lied to her agency and triggered them to start a lawsuit, how she acted selfish and hurt other members' careers and the group's brand. Do you not see the logic???? She herself said she will leave the group if allegations are true, and so far she has failed to prove she is innocent.

You are privy to a whole lot of information the rest of us are not according to this

So not only is it confirmed she did it, but her bullying was so extreme it led to Korean teenagers committing suicide from the Trauma and she even FORCED the company to initiate lawsuits against the accusers, damn is she the new big villain of the next Marvel Cinematic Universe? Thanos eat your heart out

And Well of course she did all those things with your legal standard of "prove you are innocent"

• I don't condone bullying but there's never ever proof and most of these allegations always happen after the bully becomes an Idol (ie: Irene, Soojin)

I always believe someone can change and learn from their mistakes. Soojin, she has stayed consistent with her story and even though the victim have promised to show evidence, they refused to show any (even before the news of a lawsuit). Why should Soojin show remorse for something, as she claims, never happened?

Other cases of bullying are irrelevant to the case. Teenagers who commit suicide is a horrible thing, but did anyone commit suicide because of Soojin? No such thing has ever been said so why do you bring that up? All you're doing is appealing to emotion which often is a manipulative tactic to confuse people's reasoning (whether you realize it or not).

That's fine only if everything you stated are confirmed facts. Which we do not know. We weren't there, and we know nothing of the conclusion of the case and investigation. What's obvious is Cube didn't file a lawsuit on the sole basis that Soojin told them she did nothing wrong. During the many weeks that followed the beginning of the controversy, Cube collected information to figure out what to do. It appears the information they found matched Soojin's statement enough for them to file a lawsuit. They wouldn't have followed along had they found out early that everything she said was BS. So for now we're still in the dark when it comes to what happened.

Plus, Soojin doesn't have to prove her innonence, she must be proven guilty. Don't revert the burden of proof because that's not how it works.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alex_Murphy ().

• Another thing to bring up;

the victims’ constant contradictions, the sisters dancing to gidle songs on instagram live and praising them, past students saying SSA actually was a bad person at school, and the victims’ lawyers even ADMITTING the victims lied, (look at their lawyers’ initial statement from back in february), i think theres a lot that goes against the victims themselves.

• Well Cube dealt with it terribly. It's kinda stupid to make her leave her group when no one even knows what happened besides people from their school. But I knew things weren't favorable to her since day one, and her statement about actually leaving if rumors were true was the nail in the coffin. Maybe just acknowledging it and apologizing would have worked better but now we'll never know.

My feels for neverland though I know how it's like to have a member leaving your ult group and it freaking sucks. Only people that went through this know how it's actually like.

L TO THE OG

4c056eb4c51f9abe58ed8bb09b36b07ae9a2d343.gif2b6e579345d7911fcc3ecf2ee67a3f32e239e25c.gif

• You are privy to a whole lot of information the rest of us are not according to this

So not only is it confirmed she did it, but her bullying was so extreme it led to Korean teenagers committing suicide from the Trauma and she even FORCED the company to initiate lawsuits against the accusers, damn is she the new big villain of the next Marvel Cinematic Universe? Thanos eat your heart out

And Well of course she did all those things with your legal standard of "prove you are innocent"

Bruh, take a deep breath seriously. What grade are you in? Can you read and write?? Where did I mention that teenagers killed themselves because of her??? I mentioned that being bullied leaves you scarred for the rest of your life, and that so many teens in Korea have committed suicide because of how heavy it was heavy for them to take. It's not just kids not getting along. Kids should be educated to act like a decent human, that others have feelings and that victims will forever remember what has been said and done to them.

The way Soojin acted from the beginning was immature, she asked SSA to speak up as if she would be scared and won't do it. She started a lawsuit (even if the legal system ain't too fair when it comes to such cases and money could easily win). She herself said she will leave the group if she can't prove herself innocent, and did she do it so far???

Bold of you to think I even care about Soojin or GIDLE enough to be spreading blind hate to them. The way ifans are reacting to this however, is extremely unfair. Meanwhile April (who are also guilty) doesn't have this privilege due to lack of fame and international fans.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Other cases of bullying are irrelevant to the case. Teenagers who commit suicide is a horrible thing, but did anyone commit suicide because of Soojin? No such thing has ever been said so why do you bring that up? All you're doing is appealing to emotion which often is a manipulative tactic to confuse people's reasoning (whether you realize it or not).

That's fine only if everything you stated are confirmed facts. Which we don't know. We weren't there, and we know nothing of the conclusion of the case and investigation. What's obvious is Cube didn't start a lawsuit on the sole basis that Soojin told them she did nothing wrong. During the many weeks that followed the beginning of the controversy, Cube collected information to figure out what to do. It appears the information they found matched Soojin's statement enough for them to file a lawsuit. They wouldn't have followed along had they found out early that everything was BS. So for now we're still in the dark when it comes to what happened.

Plus, Soojin doesn't have to prove her innonence, she must be proven guilty. Don't revert the burden of proof because that's not how it works.

They didn't commit suicide because of Soojin. However those on here and twitter saying and event which happened over 10 years ago shouldn't lead to this, are extremely ignorant. They do not know how it affected the victims, it stays with them for a lifetime.

Also Soojin didn't react to any of this in a mature way. All she needed to do was to apologize.

Meanwhile her fans following her steps to defend her on twitter, bullying SSA to save Soojin from a bullying scandal... of what an irony

• However those on here and twitter saying and event which happened over 10 years ago shouldn't lead to this, are extremely ignorant. They do not know how it affected the victims, it stays with them for a lifetime.

You don't know how it affected the Victims either??, heck you don't even know if there WERE victims!

It is all assumptions from you, assumptions and false equivalencies

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!