Can we be honest for a second about ITZY

• Okay, ITZY is a talented group and they're good vocalists for a kpop group that consists of heavy dancing.

But because they dance heavily, as expected, they never 100% sing live. They always have a backtrack and they just sing over it. Their vocals are never presented as raw and live.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the clip above as you see there's no backing track and you can feel the motions in their singing voice. Its a completely raw record. People in the comments are saying "wow itzy is so talented for being able to sing this song its very hard" etc...

Bestie no, probably behind all the backing tracks etc itzy sounds like this too.

• ok this says otherwise

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ok this says otherwise

no it does not

1) no mic meaning its not catching their breath mistakes and small errors

2) there's still a backtrack

• Encore performances is our friend lmao

Precious GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

True :yesr:

:eyebrowsr::siptear:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• External Content youtu.be

• This is most groups these days though. Hard choreography is supposedly the reason for loud back track or even lip syn across many groupsc. But raises more questions, if it's so hard it affects the song then why can't they choose a suitable choreography so they can sing better or is because they're not talented enough to sing and dance simultaneously to that level.

• Do you think it's news to people that it's hard to do intense choreography and sing at the same time? Eat1 at 2x

• This is most groups these days though. Hard choreography is supposedly the reason for loud back track or even lip syn across many groupsc. But raises more questions, if it's so hard it affects the song then why can't they choose a suitable choreography so they can sing better or is because they're not talented enough to sing and dance simultaneously to that level.

I can probably name 3 artists in this day and age who can do intense choreo and still sound like they ate their CDs. It's a rare talent that most K-POP groups will never live up to.

K-POP in general is a genre that focuses more on the visual aspect versus the musicality anyways. That's been the case since the beginning, and I don't see that changing.

Though, based on the live concerts I have seen of K-POP groups, they still sound relatively stable even if they are not some vocal juggernauts, and in the end, the music is still pleasant to listen to and the choreo is a joy to watch.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• C11 is actually good :thumbup:

She's actually the one I noticed in the performance because even though her voice was shaky and cracking at times, it has some sort of I don't know ... power to it? Like it feels that if she was taught properly how to sing and dance at the same time (like when to take breaths in between dances and singing lines etc) she could be really good.

• maybe comprehend what i say? im lazy to explain it to you

But that's literally what you said. You said let's be honest and then just said their choreographies were intense and therefore they don't sing live. Which is not new information.

• girl, every kpop group does that, especially on music shows. Including your favs.

Or why can't they just have choreography were the person singing stops for a few seconds, delivers their line and then go back to dancing.

They do it for high notes, they should do it for other parts.

• BTW Itzy "shoot" is a jam.

That should have been a comeback song.

• I can probably name 3 artists in this day and age who can do intense choreo and still sound like they ate their CDs. It's a rare talent that most K-POP groups will never live up to.

K-POP in general is a genre that focuses more on the visual aspect versus the musicality anyways. That's been the case since the beginning, and I don't see that changing.

Though, based on the live concerts I have seen of K-POP groups, they still sound relatively stable even if they are not some vocal juggernauts, and in the end, the music is still pleasant to listen to and the choreo is a joy to watch.

No one expects Evey group to be some kind masters of performing but at least there should a sort of standard though where groups sound decent live even if they're not great. But as we've seen with things like awful encores, loud back track, lip syncing and comparatively less harmonizing between members than previous gens there's a noticeable decline in singing quality. Like if they can't do the basicsi going then what's the point of adding on difficult choreography?

• No one expects Evey group to be some kind masters of performing but at least there should a sort of standard though where groups sound decent live even if they're not great. But as we've seen with things like awful encores, loud back track, lip syncing and comparatively less harmonizing between members than previous gens there's a noticeable decline in singing quality. Like if they can't do the basicsi going then what's the point of adding on difficult choreography?

That's the thing though. Most of the groups I have personally seen live HAVE been stable and decent. Even with the choreo. Twice is constantly criticized for their vocals, but when I saw them live, they sounded good. Were they Adele? No, but they were stable. They were no worse or no better than the standard pop singer.

Even with 50,000 MRs floating around where people tried to prove otherwise. That's what I'm saying. Most K-POP groups do sound decent when you see them in concert (from my experience), so I don't see the point of bashing people over vocals when K-POP groups weren't created for that in the first place and they meet the industry standards when it counts.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Itzy have some of the hardest choreographies in the industry and they use backtracks but their voices can often be heard which is far to be the case with every Kpop group out there especially these days.

I agree, yes. Itzy sings live despite their difficult choreography. Especially Yeji surprises me, her voice is stronger than I expected in some of their b-side songs. Lia has a different pleasant timbre. Also, I think their voices weren't very prominent in their first album, but after Not Shy, their tones started to become more distinct and pleasant. I think the vocals of the group has definitely improved.

• I agree, yes. Itzy sings live despite their difficult choreography. Especially Yeji surprises me, her voice is stronger than I expected in some of their b-side songs. Lia has a different pleasant timbre. Also, I think their voices weren't very prominent in their first album, but after Not Shy, their tones started to become more distinct and pleasant. I think the vocals of the group has definitely improved.

Yeah same for their consistency and stability when they are singing live.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Op couldn't fucking google a live while standing still performance lmao

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!