The more I’m learning about Fu Yaning, she’s actually a good person?

• So I found that she actually apologized for using the n word and made a statement. She owned up to her mistake. Wendy made offensive stereotypes about black women twice and NEVER apologized, but people are still like YASSS WENDY. But I guess that’s the privilege of being Big 3

Jessi Ho, who made a name for herself for being “savage” used homophobic slurs on Daniel Henney and SNSD before she debuted. Sure Yaning was rude but she was punching up rather than punching down, she was doing a wisecrack rather than being a fucking bigot

• idk if I can judge someone for being a "good person" based off what slurs they use nor if they apologized for said slurs or not.

Some of the biggest POS I have ever met in my life were ultra apologetic for their "actions" and took "responsibility" for them....

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Well, it's up to the people to vote whoever they want but the level of hatred towards her is really silly - she's getting death threats over a small banter, really? Twittards are really :clown:

It's also funny how almost everyone glossed over shady comments from some K-group contestants, like that Sein (I think) girl who essentially said that J-group is crap and Hikaru would only get top 5 max if she were in a K-group, lol. And it was not even a diss or banter because she said that in a behind the scenes interview.

• idk if I can judge someone for being a "good person" based off what slurs they use nor if they apologized for said slurs or not.

Some of the biggest POS I have ever met in my life were ultra apologetic for their "actions" and took "responsibility" for them....

it’s all relative. Someone who did something wrong but acts like they did nothing are worse than those who at least acknowledge it

And it’s not like Yaning did a crime or repeated her actions after apologizing

• I hate this whole dancing around the subject.

She said n-word. Several times.

That word carries so much oppression to the black American community it's not something you can just apologize for.

She knew what she did, but eh.

What do I know, I'm just a dumb-ass white guy born in Transylvania.

• it’s all relative. Someone who did something wrong but acts like they did nothing are worse than those who at least acknowledge it

And it’s not like Yaning did a crime or repeated her actions after apologizing

That all depends on if you think what they did was actually wrong. To me, there's a football-sized difference between doing something wrong,

making a mistake and/ or not knowing any better. Truth be told tho, I kinda like seeing the bad guy get away with from time to time,

depending on how I feel about "society" that day...

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• The color of your skin has nothing to do with what you know or don't know.

• The color of your skin has nothing to do with what you know or don't know.

true, and I for one do not care about color.

I like purple, but there are no humans who are purple/

The thing is, this whole thread is wrong.

It starts on the premise that the girl first mentioned did nothing wrong because she apologized.

But Wendy, who did not apologized is racist.

godkingteshub you always do this mate. Bring in other idols just to bash on them.

You don't care what the subject is about. As long as you can @ some random idol.

So you can hate on them.

• Idk, I kinda like these threads. Shit is too peaceful around here. Time to spice things up a bit! :mad:

• like I said a little while ago, apologizing and not doing it again are more better than doing something wrong but pretending it never happened

• things always need context. You will always see people get referenced in current events, from celebrity gossip to politics to court cases. In my example I used people who also did wrong but were left unscathed

• like I said a little while ago, apologizing and not doing it again are more better than doing something wrong but pretending it never happened

Mate, I get the whole apology meaning more in Confucianism.

I get it, I've learned a lot about it.

But for me? I have to judge it from my point of view.

And I'm a jaded old asshole.

If you fucked up once, I'll accept your apology.

Second time, I'll just smirk.

Third time? I'll punch you.

She fucked up several times, she didn't apologize for months.

Until she was up to be in this show.

Feel free to check her socials.

I am not saying she is the devil or whatever.

I am just saying that saying sorry when you don't mean it does not rank with me.

I do understand what saying Sorry means in Confucianism, but most of the kids these days abuse that.

That was all I was saying. Please understand that.

• she looks like a tryhard tbh

same how RM used to be racist af when he was younger because he thought it was cool

hella cringe but yeah

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Starting to think that y'all don't actually care about the people being offended about these types of things and only care about fanwars, bashing and controversy.

I’m not the one posting death threats, flooding Twitter with hateful comments and edits and condemning an entire country for the actions of one person like Twitter stans and knetz are doing. So what else

• If you actually watched the episode her attitude stinks. She is coming off overconfident, hardly connected with the girls in her cell, when Yujin or what’s her name praises their performance she was like this:

:| (Which was her axial expression all through the episode)

Exception when she was on the stage:

:mad:

A couple of this:

:)

Then back to:

:|

• That’s her whole persona, she said she’s there to conquer all the other girls. I get it that it’s out of place for a cutesy and whimsical show but she’s doing the Jessi-esque angle for a reason, to stand out. And she’s probably thinking chances are she won’t make the group (due to anti-Chinese bias and bias against her sort of concept) but at least she’ll get more people to recognize her in China, which has all of her fans to back her up.

• That’s her whole persona, she said she’s there to conquer all the other girls. I get it that it’s out of place for a cutesy and whimsical show but she’s doing the Jessi-esque angle for a reason, to stand out. And she’s probably thinking chances are she won’t make the group (due to anti-Chinese bias and bias against her sort of concept) but at least she’ll get more people to recognize her in China, which has all of her fans to back her up.

That persona is ugly-

And Jessi at least try to bond with people

• That persona is ugly-

And Jessi at least try to bond with people

You’re looking at things from very different perspectives. Jessi was known for having dissed SNSD and that didn’t gain her many fans. Koreans also didn’t like her concept either so she was unsuccessful for many years. It look a long time for her to build up her tough image but eventually she “opened up” and found a lot of success. You only saw Yaning for one episode. Like with Jessi, we have no idea what her eventual career will be like

• I’m actually lol at all the hate for this girl because of her persona/image portrayed on tv. Like hello? I love y’all but some of you need to calm your little titties fr fr. Respectfully, before I pull a Fu Yaning on y’all. The way she came across was perfectly fine imo and people acting like she said some blasphemous shit need to sit down.

:pepenomad:

Also, on another note, as someone who’s half black, I accept her apology. It doesn’t change what she did, but at least she recognized her mistake publicly. If she were to pull some shit like that again it would be different, but until then I’m inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt.

• she didnt apologize in the past maybe because she only recently learned that it was offensive

Well she doing it all wrong then. The Jessi-esque-ness… Jessi knows how and when to switch the b*tch face off. This girl needs to learn that because she just comes off as a rude personality with a resting b*tch face…

• Well she doing it all wrong then. The Jessi-esque-ness… Jessi knows how and when to switch the b*tch face off. This girl needs to learn that because she just comes off as a rude personality with a resting b*tch face…

Except Jessi didn't start out like how she is now. She's done a lot of problematic shit that makes what Yaning did pale in comparison: homophobia, n-word usage, blackaccent/blackfishing, cursing people out on public tv, attacking women and alleged assaults. But time passed and Jessi is "cool" now. But let's be honest, the main thing driving Yaning's hate (at least from the Korean perspective) is that she's Chinese.

• Except Jessi didn't start out like how she is now. She's done a lot of problematic shit that makes what Yaning did pale in comparison: homophobia, n-word usage, blackaccent/blackfishing, cursing people out on public tv, attacking women and alleged assaults. But time passed and Jessi is "cool" now. But let's be honest, the main thing driving Yaning's hate (at least from the Korean perspective) is that she's Chinese.

Jessi is cool now. You know why? Because she is smart enough now to hold her mouth when she needs too. That all the public wants. I agree, knets the fact that she is Chinese is enough reason to hate and her behavior is not helping at all. In fact the majority of comments were grouping all the Chinese trainees together as if all of them are like Yaning.

• Jessi is cool now. You know why? Because she is smart enough now to hold her mouth when she needs too. That all the public wants. I agree, knets the fact that she is Chinese is enough reason to hate and her behavior is not helping at all. In fact the majority of comments were grouping all the Chinese trainees together as if all of them are like Yaning.

And it took Jessi decades to get her shit straight. People are judging Yaning over 1 episode, let's wait for her "character development" just like Jessi had

• Hello. Black fan here.

Kpop is rampant with idols saying the N word and I cringe every time it happens. Sadly, it happens so often that I can never tell if the apologies (if we even get one) are ever sincere or just PR. I don't care for her because of that and because of how she came off as disrespectful. But like others have said, she wasn't the only one making rude ass comments.

I wish yall would stop bringing this girl up and just let her fade out. No death threats, hate mail, nothing. The worst part about her is that she ruined it for all of the other girls in her group... I feel genuinely sorry for the rest of them, especially since it seems like they get eliminated based on who the girls who get stickers choose to perform with. If anything, I hope her entire group gets put through except for her. I'm sure she will be reflecting on her actions for a long time and it's punishment enough imo.

I don't care for any of the girls OP mentioned because of their offensive statements and I recognize what one person is offended by can mean nothing to someone else. Just personally, I stan none of those three after knowing some of the terrible things they have said/done.

• Here is my confusion on the whole Racist thing

As I understand it, these were Lyrics in songs she liked singing along too

Now my brain is far too slow or something and I ain't got a clue what most English Singers are saying in their songs let alone Rappers who Rap a mile a minute, seriously even stuff like Red Hot Chilli Peppers when someone told me the Lyrics for scar tissue went "With the Birds I'll share this lonely view" I laughed at him and told him he was an idiot

Or even worse the opening theme to CSI, it says "Out here in the fields we fight for out meals", made me burst out laughing how stupid that sounded, but nope that is actually what it says in the song I just somehow had my brain place different words there and I got used to those

And English is my first and only language

I won't even mumble along to a Rap song, even if I like how it sounds nowadays because there could be someone who actually knows the lyrics could get really offended at me if it is something Sexist, Racist or even Transphobic and all I wanted to do was hum along to something that sounded cool lol

As for the Apology, there is no way she had an English speaking fandom when this happened, I never even heard of this Girl before Girls Planet 999, so she would apologize to her thousand or so fans who 99% would be Chinese in Chinese, it makes sense right?

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!