What is your honest opinion of f(x)?

• 62a93bf00460fb795b49afffd279537c95bc41aa_hq.jpg

They are my favorite group of all time. Nobody even comes close to them for me.

But what do you think about them?

Great? Average? Overrated? Underrated? Don't care at all?

Please enlighten me with your thoughts on this classic 2nd gen group.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They’re an extraordinary group and my second favorite in K-Pop overall. They’ve got one of the best discographies in K-Pop and the best visual line to date imo. Energetic performers, talented girls...I don’t see what’s not to like :pepe-heart-eyes:

• Because they were so experimental, it felt like they were ahead of their time. The group has some good songs, but I wish they had more good ones each release. Definitely were moments where it felt like the group was "shelved".

• ahead of their time due to the experimental sound, hence why they were underrated. i think they had some of the best songs out there, i liked most of their b sides too.

sulli was the prettiest idol imo and krystal was one of my favorite idols.

• one of the first kpop songs i heard was their skit with Anna Kendrick for electric shock i didn't even know who or what kpop was at that time but i was more into AK

it wasn't until post 2019 whrn i actually started liking kpop did i realise what i was listening.

i also like victoria (cos she's Chinese lol)

• I liked them, they were my second favourite girl group of the 2nd Gen. I thought it was sad that they didn’t get enough attention or recognition from SM and ended up going their separate ways. They did have some good music with Hot Summer being my favourite.

• to be completely honest, as much as their music was very experimental and ahead of its time, they're not as iconic and some say they are

at first they seemed like how we see itzy, but they honestly have no staple. when you watch performances from 2013 onwards, they COMPLETELY lack stage presence. if you don't believe me just watch their last performance at SMTOWN Japan

the only person that had actual star power was krystal, but you could tell she was so over being an idol. sulli was more focused on acting and didn't like performing, luna is talented but shes not a stan attractor, amber and victoria are good but all of them together didn't blend well together if I'm being completely honest?

they put out amazing music though

• one of the first kpop songs i heard was their skit with Anna Kendrick for electric shock i didn't even know who or what kpop was at that time but i was more into AK

it wasn't until post 2019 whrn i actually started liking kpop did i realise what i was listening.

i also like victoria (cos she's Chinese lol)

I've heard that skit with Anna Kendrick was a lot of people's introduction to kpop.

I love Victoria. Unfortunately her rep isn't so good in Korea these days cause of the whole China vs Korea drama that's been in the news recently.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kinda like Miss A one of the Big 3 GGs that people kinda forget about. They were pretty much innactive when I got into kpop and they seemed to have some of that weird part of SM going on in their music lolz.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com

• I agree with a lot of this. Even though they are my ultimate faves I still recognize they had some problems.

Sulli and Krystal were the ones with star power but they both wanted to be actors instead of idols. You can see it clearly cause Sulli was a child actress way before f(x) and Krystal immediately jumped into acting less than a year after the group debuted.

Their heart was in definitely in the group though for the first 3 years. But like you said around 2012/2013 you could tell they weren't as in invested in it anymore. Some days they performed great but others you could tell they just wanted to get it over with.

But still. When all 5 girls were clicking they were great.

• I've heard that skit with Anna Kendrick was a lot of people's introduction to kpop.

I love Victoria. Unfortunately her rep isn't so good in Korea these days cause of the whole China vs Korea drama that's been in the news recently.

But she's been killing it for a while in China - $$$ - songs, cfs, dramas, variety shows - she is making ¥¥¥¥

• The 2nd kpop group I ever saw in my life and one of the reasons I got into kpop.

Nu abo was terrific to me. Loved that song and vibe.

But sadly I know their heart wasnt in the group, at least Sulli's and Krystal's.

They were one of the groups that if only all the members would have give their all around 2012/2014 when the spotlight was on them they could have been even bigger, but you can tell they werent there in soul by that time.

• I don't like their music at the same time I don't hate it you get what I mean. I like Krystal tho.

• They slayed with 4walls

I get why people think it's similar to seulgi and Irene's naughty, And 4walls was wayyyy ahead of it's time, yet timeless.

:dancer:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I'm not a GG stan, so usually GG b-sides aren't my favorite, but personally for how much f(x) discography is hyped up, i couldn't see it.

There music wasn't that good to me and I didn't really like the group dynamics/image (sorry Amber).

• One of the absolute best Kpop discographies if you don’t consider the rap parts but terribly mismanaged, they would’ve gone way further otherwise

• Some of yall are crushing my soul.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!