Posts by thepinksgg

crazy how majority of us were saying how messy it sounded and how it was just noise when it first came out

I was really surprised it did well in korean charts since rookies would barely chart and korea was going through their ballad phase

I was one of those people but looking back, we can definitley agree it was a strong debut - the members skills and presence really shone

their music was just new to the kpop scene at the time tbh

she is SOO UNDERRATED

since her debut she was so charismatic and energetic in her performances and she was only 15 at the time

plus she has amazing visuals and dance skills

not that this should be relevant but her body proportions are INSANE and she's tall, which koreans love

I really hope JYP utilise her as much as they can bc she has the potential to do soooo much outside of itzy. her having a solo is a bit too early in terms of her vocals and her age, but she should definitely go into modelling, variety and maybe acting with her visuals

to be completely honest, as much as their music was very experimental and ahead of its time, they're not as iconic and some say they are

at first they seemed like how we see itzy, but they honestly have no staple. when you watch performances from 2013 onwards, they COMPLETELY lack stage presence. if you don't believe me just watch their last performance at SMTOWN Japan

the only person that had actual star power was krystal, but you could tell she was so over being an idol. sulli was more focused on acting and didn't like performing, luna is talented but shes not a stan attractor, amber and victoria are good but all of them together didn't blend well together if I'm being completely honest?

they put out amazing music though

so I'm pretty sure we've established the 4th generation started with the groups that debuted mid-2018 and onwards right?

what I can't help but think is that the new groups are in that 'awkward phase' in terms of being put in a generation or category

e.g. 2nd generation leaders SNSD, TVXQ, BIGBANG, 2NE1, and entering 3rd generation leaders BTS, EXO

but groups like Miss A, VIXX, T-ara, fx (so many more) that were also huge at the time and were meant to be a fresh batch don't have the same impact or success. They may have achieved certain milestones but they're never in the same category as the greats like snsd and bigbang in terms of status

Tbh at this point the top groups are BTS and Blackpink by a LANDSLIDE (internationally and domestically), yes we're in the new generation and they're doing well but they're not even close to touching the achievements of their seniors, yes they still have more time to prove themselves but really think. BTS, BP, Twice have such strong fanbases and aren't going anywhere yet, by the time they truly run their course, there'll be a whole new batch of groups for a whole other target audience.

Agree or disagree?

but in itzy, I see Yuna having the most it-girl potential.

she's very talented from her dance, charisma and energy. plus shes so young yet is so tall and has great body proportions (which koreans go crazy for) and her visuals are INSANE, she gives me the same vibes as Han Yeseul, a well renowned beautiful actress

jyp is so stupid if he's holding back his female acts from solo gigs because of miss a

suzy had a bit of an age gap between the other members and didn't have that trainee bond with other members

the akgae situation was so extreme bc all the star power was given to suzy. members like fei and min had so much star quality too but he didn't utilise them well

all he has to do is give each member appropriate solo activities so they have their chance to shine, I'm sure the members come to peace with the fact that another member might be more popular than them