How the hell does KoKoBop have so many melon streams

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Was it that big in Korea?

Got more steams then any other idol group from what i can briefly see.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• It's not as big as the other mega-hit EXO songs, but it's generally well-received in Korea (it got mixed reviews internationally). And Kokobop challenge were a thing at some point so it might have pushed more streams

🌻 can you believe its only the beginning? 🌻

1989932d781b234b4649363d3a5299d53eaa97b1.gifv ebae5a75bbd3a7178d4838548283b5cf81e46117.gifv b4bec6927047f7779dccebafdc6d4a9c0fd68682.gifv

• It's not as big as the other mega-hit EXO songs, but it's generally well-received in Korea (it got mixed reviews internationally). And Kokobop challenge were a thing at some point so it might have pushed more streams

Which song do you mean it’s only third to growl and call me baby.

It charted at #14 on year end Gaon digital chart. It is one of EXO’s mega hit songs.

• Which song do you mean it’s only third to growl and call me baby.

It charted at #14 on year end Gaon digital chart. It is one of EXO’s mega hit songs.

Precisely the songs you have written.

I might have worded it badly, but as I mentioned, it is generally well-received in Korea (hence the achievements you've cited) but it got mixed reviews internationally (I remember most saying that The War is probably one of the most experimental albums EXO released so it got polarizing reception internationally). Growl and Call Me Baby is an immediate hit on both markets the soonest it got released.

1989932d781b234b4649363d3a5299d53eaa97b1.gifv ebae5a75bbd3a7178d4838548283b5cf81e46117.gifv b4bec6927047f7779dccebafdc6d4a9c0fd68682.gifv

• Precisely the songs you have written.

I might have worded it badly, but as I mentioned, it is generally well-received in Korea (hence the achievements you've cited) but it got mixed reviews internationally (I remember most saying that The War is probably one of the most experimental albums EXO released so it got polarizing reception internationally). Growl and Call Me Baby is an immediate hit on both markets the soonest it got released.

Also not true it’s third most streamed exo song internationally behind Love Shot and Monster. So if you take overall it’s actually EXO’s biggest hit.

There was a very small minority of people who were loud about a new and exciting sound. But it’s one of EXO’s biggest international AND Korean hit with numbers to back it on both ends.

• Also not true it’s third most streamed exo song internationally behind Love Shot and Monster. So if you take overall it’s actually EXO’s biggest hit.

There was a very small minority of people who were loud about a new and exciting sound. But it’s one of EXO’s biggest international AND Korean hit with numbers to back it on both ends.

it's tricky because if you list down most of their singles, they are all hits. considering different angles, their rankings can be switched. throwing the term mega-hit on each of them kind of dilutes its definition.

kokobop is a hit, that's what i'm certain

• it's tricky because if you list down most of their singles, they are all hits. considering different angles, their rankings can be switched. throwing the term mega-hit on each of them kind of dilutes its definition.

kokobop is a hit, that's what i'm certain

Not all of them KOKOBOP in particular is a mega hit. Perhaps their biggest hit ever.

Exo have three undisputed hits : Growl, Call me baby and kokobop which saw immense digital success as well as international fame. You can’t be #14 on Gaon year end chart and have 100million streams on Spotify and not be considered a mega hit.

It’s not something that can be switched around actually.

• it was actually very controversial back then for being so obviously heavily inflated by fans (one of the last big fandom zombie streaming and multiple downloads attempts before Melon made it harder) but fans pretend they don't remember that I guess?

I remember tons of discussions about kokobop and the weird download/streams ratio and the insane inflation of unfiltered vs filtered numbers.

it still did well, EXO have a huge fandom of course but yeah, it wasn't a national hit or anything.

• Bigger than Growl? I don't think so. If you say EXO, Growl will be the first song everyone will say.

I'm not slandering Ko Ko Bop, but it's a regular hit. There's nothing wrong with that. Taemin's Move is also released in 2017. It did not go well in the charts initially, but we can say it's a mega-hit because of its impact.

• Bigger than Growl? I don't think so. If you say EXO, Growl will be the first song everyone will say.

I'm not slandering Ko Ko Bop, but it's a regular hit. There's nothing wrong with that. Taemin's Move is also released in 2017. It did not go well in the charts initially, but we can say it's a mega-hit because of its impact.

You shared some arbitrary misinformed comments on having mixed international reception as a criteria for “Not being big as other exo songs” and I corrected you.

No exo song has had simultaneous international and national success and acclaim like kokobop. That’s just an indisputable fact. You can choose to ignore it i don’t particularly care but please don’t go around spreading misinformation again.

• You shared some arbitrary misinformed comments on having mixed international reception as a criteria for “Not being big as other exo songs” and I corrected you.

No exo song has had simultaneous international and national success and acclaim like kokobop. That’s just an indisputable fact. You can choose to ignore it i don’t particularly care but please don’t go around spreading misinformation again.

That's why I said I worded it incorrectly and corrected myself if you can remember and if you can check my other responses.

If it's getting mixed feedback if it's a mega-hit or not, perhaps it's not as big as you thought. It's a regular hit, is that bad?

• The song was actually extremely underrated by netizens and ifans (because it didn't fit their narrative of EXO being a goner, not strong digitally and their songs not liked by the general public? :/ )

Ko Ko Bop did actually a lot better than people gave it credit for.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• That's why I said I worded it incorrectly and corrected myself if you can remember and if you can check my other responses.

If it's getting mixed feedback if it's a mega-hit or not, perhaps it's not as big as you thought. It's a regular hit, is that bad?

I'm not so sure if mixed feedback is a good criterium for whether a song's a mega-hit or not.

I can recall how SNSD's I Got A Boy was controversial too, yet it was hugely successful, did extremely well and even won Youtube's Video of the Year award above even big Western artists, along with some other awards and praises.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Precisely the songs you have written.

The war is a fan favorite album, I've never seen any mixed reviews. Its like one of their topped most watched mvs on youtube

The only album I would say that is the most experimental is E'xact

• The war is a fan favorite album, I've never seen any mixed reviews. Its like one of their topped most watched mvs on youtube

The only album I would say that is the most experimental is E'xact

It’s the casuals that I’m pertaining. But I see your point. Personally, I liked The War. It’s even the best EXO album imo

I'm not so sure if mixed feedback is a good criterium for whether a song's a mega-hit or not.

I can recall how SNSD's I Got A Boy was controversial too, yet it was hugely successful, did extremely well and even won Youtube's Video of the Year award above even big Western artists, along with some other awards and praises.

I agree. Same goes that being a mega-hit is more than chart placing.

• melon used to give free streaming pass for everyone and didn't need a korean phone number, exols found a way to multiple these passes to inflate numbers, melon changed their politics bc of it

• melon used to give free streaming pass for everyone and didn't need a korean phone number, exols found a way to multiple these passes to inflate numbers, melon changed their politics bc of it

Do you have any trustworthy, reliable proof of this?

The only thing that I can find when I search on Melon and Ko Ko Bop is that Melon declares it the most liked song of 2017 and how it won a whole lot of awards and achievements.

The only thing that I found on Melon saying they changed their policy was much later on, when it was shown how some parties had used sajaegi and botnets to promote some less known indie artists and such.

SWJ1P.gif

• This thread contains 50 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!