To say 2.gen had no impact is pretty ironic...

• If you consider the fact that if the first Hallyu-wave failed, there wouldn’t even be a 3. Gen to begin with and many of you wouldn’t be here.

So many people who joined Kpop in the 2.gen were the ones who build the Kpop community and who united Kpop fans all over the world.

K-Con or all these Kpop Forums wouldn’t be here. Yes AKP wouldn’t have been created if nobody was interested in the 2. Gen internationally. All these YouTubers who build a whole career around Kpop related topics brought in so much fans with their content too and they joined in the 2. Gen. Others started little projects in their country etc.

Yes the Acts themself didn’t achieved as much as Acts now, but you know different times, different conditions. But it’s like a domino effect, it starts with something small and ends with something big, but every stone is important to reach the end. So there is not such thing as “ not important “ or “ had no impact “ especially when you were not there to even experience the era in the first place.

So it’s pretty ironic that people who use a platform like AKP, created because there was a growing international interest in Kpop created in the era of the 2.gen, say it had no impact....

:pepe-smug:

• Or when they try to make a mockery of their failure to break into the US

:rolleyes:

Like if 1st and 2nd gen didnt create and mold the system that allowed them to even get where they are now

• I think less people would be saying stuff like that, if kpop fans didn't feel this inexplicable need to make everything into a competition by creating meaningless categories like "kpop generations" in the first place.

• LMAO. It might no impact on them since social media is not so big at that time. If they no impact, there is nowhere people would know what is KPOP. Korean know how much impact 2nd gen in Hallyu wave, it's no exaggeration to say that they push that Hallyu wave 2.0. SUJU even got dubbed as KING OF HALLYU WAVE. It's sounds ignorant to denied it.

• i wouldnt call the first hallyu wave a fail tho? none of the kpop groups that are crossing over would be able to if it werent for the second gen hallyu wave

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• I think less people would be saying stuff like that, if kpop fans didn't feel this inexplicable need to make everything into a competition by creating meaningless categories like "kpop generations" in the first place.

I don't think it starts because of 'KPOP generation'. I'm not sure when it is worse to compete for their faves, I think it starts getting worse when some people from every fandom race for 'most 24h views in yt'. I think that competition become unhealthy after that

• LMAO. It might no impact on them since social media is not so big at that time. If they no impact, there is nowhere people would know what is KPOP. Korean know how much impact 2nd gen in Hallyu wave, it's no exaggeration to say that they push that Hallyu wave 2.0. SUJU even got dubbed as KING OF HALLYU WAVE. It's sounds ignorant to denied it.

It’s funny some call Acts who got legend status in Korea irrelevant or nobody cares about them... they are so convinced about it.

• 2nd Gen literally inspired your faves to even join the industry take a few seats sofas

This.. Nowadays it is all about groups that have big streams in Western countries = ''OMG they pave the way they are the legend of kpop OMG OMG!'' As if kpop have never existed before in other parts of the world..

• not denying the fact that 2nd gen had impact but some y'all act like the reason of bts success is 2nd gen.

tons of 3rd gen groups outside of big 3 failed to reach even mediocre success. is 2nd gen the reason of their failure? if you want to take credit of someone's success, take the credits for failure as well. X/

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Who isn’t? I can’t remember anyone shading the 1.gen.

Where did I say you were shading them? Lol.

I said give credit where credit’s due to the actual pioneers of Kpop first before trying to push 3rd Gen fandoms to bow down to your 2nd gen faves while ignoring the ones who paved the way for yours. Without Seo Taiji, there would be no Kpop. Without Yang Hyun Suk, there would be no BigBang. Heck, without the Japanese idol industry, the Kpop idol industry that all our faves including yours thrive in would never have even existed.

This whole “paving the way” BS blew up in the community because certain 2nd gen fandoms were writing essays on how their faves deserved to be in BTS’ place back in 2017 everytime they appeared on American TV. Since they couldn’t change the the situation, they flooded the comments section whining about how BTS should thank their seniors for getting to appear on Ellen and Kimmel.

• Who called it a fail ? It wasn’t, without them there wouldn’t have been a Hallyu wave.

lots of 3rd/4th gen stans do bc they dont wanna accept that their fav’s predecessors played a big part in kpop expanding globally

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• I don't think ppl realize how important 2nd gen was.

TVXQ revived the idol industry and created a demand for boy groups + expanded Kpop into the Japanese market (along with BoA, who's technically 1st gen).

SNSD and Wonder Girls were the ones who created a demand for girl groups + first girl groups to be recognized for their synchronized choreo and have the choreo go viral for its memorable/killing parts.

Big Bang were the first hip hop based idol group + first Kpop group acknowledged for their self produced music.

2PM were the first to introduce acrobatics into their performances. First boy group who went for the masculine and "beastly" image, rather than the typical "flower boy"

Super Junior/Super Junior M expanded Kpop into the Chinese market. Plus first to introduce sub units.

2NE1, 4Minute, Miss A were the pioneers of the girl crush concept/female empowerment.

After School, Brown Eyed Girls, Secret, SISTAR were the pioneers of the sexy concept.

SHINee, Infinite, Teen Top further raised the bar for synchronized choreo.

MBLAQ were the first to introduce latin inspired songs, this was way before despacito + way before kpop saw the success of despacito and then tried following the trend

FT Island and CNBLUE were the first bands to exist in Kpop + reached massive success without following common tropes of a boy group (ie: having choreo, selling a "concept" etc)

There are so much more. This is probably tip of the iceberg. I haven't even mentioned other iconic/popular groups like KARA, T-ara, fx, Apink, Beast, B1A4 etc.

• Where did I say you were shading them? Lol.

I said give credit where credit’s due to the actual pioneers of Kpop first before trying to push 3rd Gen fandoms to bow down to your 2nd gen faves while ignoring the ones who paved the way for yours. Without Seo Taiji, there would be no Kpop. Without Yang Hyun Suk, there would be no BigBang. Heck, without the Japanese idol industry, the Kpop idol industry that all our faves including yours thrive in would never have even existed.

This whole “paving the way” BS blew up in the community because certain 2nd gen fandoms were writing essays on how their faves deserved to be in BTS’ place back in 2017 everytime they appeared on American TV. Since they couldn’t change the the situation, they flooded the comments section whining about how BTS should thank their seniors for getting to appear on Ellen and Kimmel.

So your point is ?

If I got you right, you blame fans from the 2.gen for the situation now as they were discrediting the 1. Gen right?

So you bringing this up, does this mean you condemn these actions? Or did you brought this up as an excuse for your own behavior like “ they did it too why can’t we ?”

Cause if you condemn these actions, why engage in the same delusions ?

So you want people to give credits to the first gen because they are the pioneers, you are totally right they should, but then you also say you can only give credits to the 2. Gen if those who follow them also give credits to the first gen... But majority due tho, there are always fans who got superiority complexes. So knowing this you can finally give credits to the 2. Gen too :)

• It's always people making thread discrediting 3rd gen idols first then their stans clapped back now y'all crying why they don't want to acknowledge 2ng gen lol maybe respect other first before demanding the same thing?

• It's always people making thread discrediting 3rd gen idols first then their stans clapped back now y'all crying why they don't want to acknowledge 2ng gen lol maybe respect other first before demanding the same thing?

I stan Groups from both generations your argument doesn’t make sense not to mentioned it’s so generalized lol

• As a fan of a group who changed kpop drastically but there are kpop fans who refused to acknowledge it, I understand how it is and I agree it can be annoying. Groups should be given what they are due.

At the same time having seen similar discussions for years now, hardly anyone ever talks about H.O.T or Baby Vox when talking about kpop and who 'paved the way' in China and other Asian countries.

• Delulu ARMYs say that shit lmao. They even say 2nd gen groups were blocking their way cuz 1st and 2nd gen groups have showed kpop in a bad way. :pepefeelsweirdestman:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that too, the first two gens made Kpop look bad... as if Kpop is perceived any better now, but this time around it’s especially fans who do the most damage LoL.

• No lies detected periodt

• honestly people who are here saying 2nd gen had no impact and 3rd gen could have been able to do this good with them

just sounds like people saying people would still be able to create a PS5 if newton didn't discover electricity

you can't do anything without the basis and that people like it or not

2nd gen are the gen who build the basis

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I stan Groups from both generations your argument doesn’t make sense not to mentioned it’s so generalized lol

Please I know why you made this thread as a response to other threads which were closed where troll started shit first with a 3rd gen group unprovoked. Maybe let stans mind their own business and stop trying to lecture them about kpop history lol it's just music for god's sake. :rolleyes:

• At the same time having seen similar discussions for years now, hardly anyone ever talks about H.O.T or Baby Vox when talking about kpop and who 'paved the way' in China and other Asian countries.

Old fans who got jobs and by now even their own families. They weren’t really active when more and more people started to be part of an international community. When I joined Kpop 12 years ago there weren’t that much international 1.gen fans already. I learned about the first 1. through my faves. It’s not really comparable.

But some due tho, I have seen many bringing up the history of Kpop in several discussions in the last month. There were even users who made History Threads about different Acts and their achievements and impact in Kpop. Maybe you missed those Threads.

• honestly people who are here saying 2nd gen had no impact and 3rd gen could have been able to do this good with them

just sounds like people saying people would still be able to create a PS5 if newton didn't discover electricity

you can't do anything without the basis and that people like it or not

2nd gen are the gen who build the basis

OMG GIRL WHERE YOU BEEN

• Old fans who got jobs and by now even their own families. They weren’t really active when more and more people started to be part of an international community. When I joined Kpop 12 years ago there weren’t that much international 1.gen fans already. I learned about the first 1. through my faves. It’s not really comparable.

But some due tho, I have seen many bringing up the history of Kpop in several discussions in the last month. There were even users who made History Threads about different Acts and their achievements and impact in Kpop. Maybe you missed those Threads.

I think if is comparable because kpop fans often want new fans to know the history of kpop because it's not ok not to do so and show respect to older acts. I agree with the second part, tbh. Respect should be given to everyone.

In these discussions though, I rarely see kpop fans (1st, 2nd, 3rd gen stans, it doesn't matter) mention H.O.T, for example, for breaking into China. It's either Big Bang or EXO that are credited this achievement.

I think you might mean the appreciation threads of that H.O.T. fans. They didn't always get enough traction. I expected they would be more popular all things considered.

• Well, Im glad many people here are agreeing that paving the way is something that exists. 2nd gen paved the way for 3rd in gen in Asia and a tiny tiny amount in the west (less than 5%). BTS fully paved the way for everyone else in 3rd and 4th gen in the west, Im glad youre recognizing this.

• I think if is comparable because kpop fans often want new fans to know the history of kpop because it's not ok not to do so and show respect to older acts. I agree with the second part, tbh. Respect should be given to everyone.

In these discussions though, I rarely see kpop fans (1st, 2nd, 3rd gen stans, it doesn't matter) mention H.O.T, for example, for breaking into China. It's either Big Bang or EXO that are credited this achievement.

I think you might mean the appreciation threads of that H.O.T. fans. They didn't always get enough traction. I expected they would be more popular all things considered.

In this regard yes H.O.T, Seich Kiss etc groups where the first idol groups. But they have all disbanded in beginning 2000. During that time due to extreme financial problem no one has dared to produce kpop idol groups again because they have thought it was unprofitable. Instead soloists & kbands were gaining tractions. But SM has created TVXQ in 2003 and saved the extinct industry. It has shown that idol groups can be profitable. So lots of other have started to produce idol groups then. Just yesterday there were thread about TVXQ. Yes the op of that thread has titled it really disrespectful towards BTS. Due to it lost of ARMYs were dragging TVXQ and BB. I have explained them their importance. But instead I have left offended and called boomer, move on from your 2nd gen groups. I have already taken credit to every kpop acts starting from Kim Sisters, Seo Taji etc. But I am really tired now.

• This thread contains 122 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!