To say 2.gen had no impact is pretty ironic...

• it is funny that the 3rd gen fans are dragging the 2nd gens when the 3rd gen artists mentioned that they are insipired by 2nd gen

While im here, liking both 2nd and 3rd gens.

And sorry to say, the constant dragging i heard is from the biggest fanbase of a boygroup. It is really annoying

• Pleaase just stop replying if your intellectual capability has hit a wall and you have no arguments.

:eyes: LoL

Why should I use my intellectual capability for you when you won’t get it at the end anyway and bomber me with random stats that doesn’t prove anything... I’m cool like this

• Haven't you seen it says also other countries? Haven't you seen NBC news channel?

BigBang has recieved Best WorldWide Act & Best Asia Act in 2011 from MTV Europe Music Awards.

Do you think kpop group who has made impact to west would recieve Best Worldwide Act? They could only recieve Best Asia awards, etc they have recieved tons of awards from west. But none has known and talked about it back then. Cuz people don't used to care about fucking awards & statistics. Even kmedia is against BB cuz of their beef with YG. They have been in MTV Europe Music Awards in 2011 lmao.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People wouldn't have a problem with giving credit to 2nd gen if their stans would stop acting superior. I mean even Seo Taeji from the 1st can recognize BTS achievements and doesn't follow it up with "i'm the reason for their success, they'd be nothing without me!" Downplaying BTS' impact on kpop in the west is ridiculous when they've made more progress than the entire 2nd gen alone. Kpop groups are getting signed by American labels and that wasn't happening before BTS.

Bottom line we can acknowledge and credit without tearing down others to do so.

• Since I have been kpop fan for 13 years I have seen lots of groups are dragged to the bottom so many times. Yes during the time BTS has been dragged a lot by mostly V.I.Ps and EXO-Ls. Funny to say it but at that time I have hated V.I.Ps so much. I have reacted to them just like how I am reacting to ARMYs right now. I have chosen BTS and ARMYs and followed them. But since BTS has became popular ARMYs has started to behave how V.I.P has behaved back then. They have also dragged the other 4th gen groups I stan. So I don't help it but this circle of bashing & dragging will never end. I might chose the minority or losing side in each time.

The reason 2nd gen groups are credited mostly is maybe because 2nd gen groups have diversified kpop's sounds to the fullest. And they have also started the kpop MV aesthetics. Even BB's "Lies" and "Haru Haru"has mentioned by Billboard by bringing new experimental sound to kpop. Lost of 2nd gen group's albums are ranked in the top kpop albums of the decade. I think they are the ones who have shaped today's kpop musically & visually.

I understand. I have felt the same way for the whole of kpop community since 2017 with the Western Validation constant bash and then with the way a big part of the community reacted to the November 2018 Jimin thing. This is why I find ironic this unity against BTS and Armys. It is not as based on mutual respect as kpop fans want to think it is.

As I said in the thread though, everything is a matter of perspective when it comes to fanwars.

At the same time I do agree that the bigger a fandom gets, the messier it becomes. Being the biggest kpop fandom ever, Armys can't control the weird people who love to cause a mess.

But also look at how Nct fans are turning since they got bigger. Or how Blinks, as the other group with a substantial Western success, have been doing and saying exactly the same things Armys used to say. I guess people don't want to see it.

It is true that kpop mostly became what it is today during the 2nd gen. Crediting the ones who made a difference is what Armys have been saying when it comes to the West too but somehow it is not allowed but it is allowed for the 2nd gen. This is a little weird.

Maybe we simply see things differently and that's ok.

• The kpop community is not always a place new fans can be welcome when theit first group is BTS.

Ok from a different perspective, I’m not surprised by it. A lot of fans want to blame others for how their fandom gets perceived, but tbh it’s most of the time the fans themself who created that bad rep for their own fandom and now people only see fandoms instead of individuals. It’s unfortunate for those who don’t engage in any Drama, but the toxic ones are the loudest ones.

You are in a position where I at least give you a pass for trying to find a middle ground.

• Yes. The bigger the fandom gets it becomes messy & complicated. We might see everything differently and we are different individuals. But in the end no one wants to accept each other that's the problem. I think the we should just agree that 1st gens have paved the way for 2nd gen. 2nd gens have paved the way for 3rd gen. And 3rd gen have paved the way for 4th gen instead of talking about who has paved the way for asia or west. I appreciate BTS's influence. Yes they have made the biggest influence. But their impact only applies to following generations. But what influenced them to reach this height is probably the contribution of 2nd gens.

• Haven't you seen it says also other countries? Haven't you seen NBC news channel?

BigBang has recieved Best WorldWide Act & Best Asia Act in 2011 from MTV Europe Music Awards.

Do you think kpop group who has made impact to west would recieve Best Worldwide Act? They could only recieve Best Asia awards, etc they have recieved tons of awards from west. But none has known and talked about it back then. Cuz people don't used to care about fucking awards & statistics. Even kmedia is against BB cuz of their beef with YG. They have been in MTV Europe Music Awards in 2011 lmao.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is ONE channel and it wasnt broadcast, it was a news clips. Like the ones BTS has every day for randoms things.

MTV EMAs are not a US award show. Big Bang were nominated as the token Asian act for the Best worldwide Act category, they couldnt have nominated for Best Asian, becuase that category didnt exist yet. Their competitors were:

Abdelfattah Grini (Africa)

Lena (Europe)
    Restart (Latin America)

Britney Spears (US)

Clearly, they were nominating artists from each continent and BB was nominated for Asia. Or are you going to claim Restart or Abdelfattah Grini are also huge worldwide stars as well? Or that Lena is huge in US? Big Bang won, because kpop stans are better are voting, thats all.

Next year Han Geng won that award, is he popular in the west as well?

External Content youtu.be

• People wouldn't have a problem with giving credit to 2nd gen if their stans would stop acting superior.

So you think stans acting superior is the reason why others can’t or don’t want to give credits to their faves ?

Interesting

• You all literally trying to belittle every achievement that 2nd gen has achieved is little funny. So haven't mass voting, mass streaming, bulk buying etc has became a thing in during 3rd gen? That plays significant part in BTS's success as well. No one has known BB has nominated that fucking award back then. What do I say else? If BTS recieves award then that award is valid and fair, if BB recieves award they turns out some token Asian group and kpop fans are good at voting? :cryingr:

• Yes. The bigger the fandom gets it becomes messy & complicated. We might see everything differently and we are different individuals. But in the end no one wants to accept each other that's the problem. I think the we should just agree that 1st gens have paved the way for 2nd gen. 2nd gens have paved the way for 3rd gen. And 3rd gen have paved the way for 4th gen instead of talking about who has paved the way for asia or west. I appreciate BTS's influence. Yes they have made the biggest influence. But their impact only applies to following generations. But what influenced them to reach this height is probably the contribution of 2nd gens.

I agree. It is the way of life after all.

To me, BTS paved the way in the West and worldwide unlike no other group because, as you said about the 2nd gen and aesthetics and sound, they were the ones who had impact enough to change and shape the industry completely. Kpop is not what it used to be because of that impact.

It remains to be seen if the 4th gen will take kpop a step further.

• You all literally trying to belittle every achievement that 2nd gen has achieved is little funny. So haven't mass voting, mass streaming, bulk buying etc has became a thing in during 3rd gen? That plays significant part in BTS's success as well. No one has known BB has nominated that fucking award back then. What do I say else? If BTS recieves award then that award is valid and fair, if BB recieves award they turns out some token Asian group and kpop fans are good at voting? :cryingr:

See... they walk around making such narratives and wonder why 2.gen stans complain, to then pretend it’s because WE don’t give credits to others so they don’t give it to them too.

I mean if we would make that assumption about their faves they would turn tables :angryr:

This thread is started by a 2nd gen stan just like all the other threads. I dont see armys starting anything here.

Im sorry if 2nd gen narratives dont stand up to fact checking, maybe stop making threads like this and we wont dig out the dirty laundry?

Mass voting and mass buying and streaming were things during 2nd gen as well.

That award was won by fanvoting just like BBMAs for example. Except BBMAs got dragged endlessly for it. And BBMAs nominations were based on charts, while EMAs were not. Big Bang even only got to the final voting only because of fanvoting:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

No army has denied BTS got its start in US media by armys mass voting for BBMAs, we are proud of it.

The difference was also that BTS had actual armys show up to their award show, they had actual fans in US. Thats what got them attention and legitimized them.

External Content youtu.be

Edited once, last by myaza ().

• The kpop community is not always a place new fans can be welcome when theit first group is BTS

This is so true lol, I became active in the kpop community in the beginning of 2020 after being a BTS fan for 2 years and all I saw was people being toxic towards BTS and calling everything they achieved irrelevant lmao. I don't really care about other groups much and didn't get into the cycle of dragging but it's a really easy cycle to fall into with how people take ARMYs opinions here.

Once people start blaming me for shit other people do with y'alls I actually want to do it more :pepe-toilet:

Alas, everything is a matter of perspective when it comes to fanwars as you wisely said ;)

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :wilds::oks:

• As an army, I personally never think that 2nd gen or 1st gen groups have no impact. And as a 2nd gen groups fan, I still think that BTS is the one that significantly paved the way in US/western market.. that's just how I feel about this :)

• So you think stans acting superior is the reason why others can’t or don’t want to give credits to their faves ?

Interesting

2nd gen stans like to downplay 3rd gen a lot and if that didn't happen I don't think 3rd gen stans would have a problem acknowledging them. Its like if I were to ignore everything 2nd gen has done because 1st gen groups were first by your logic I could ignore the entirety of kpop's achievements because they owe it all to MJ for inspiring Lee Sooman.

• 2nd gen stans like to downplay 3rd gen a lot

It happens vise versa too, even downplaying 3.gen stans are even downplaying other 3.gen Acts. But I think the first point you made is exactly that. Acting superior is one big reason. I take this!

• This is so true lol, I became active in the kpop community in the beginning of 2020 after being a BTS fan for 2 years and all I saw was people being toxic towards BTS and calling everything they achieved irrelevant lmao. I don't really care about other groups much and didn't get into the cycle of dragging but it's a really easy cycle to fall into with how people take ARMYs opinions here.

Once people start blaming me for shit other people do with y'alls I actually want to do it more :pepe-toilet:

Alas, everything is a matter of perspective when it comes to fanwars as you wisely said ;)

I want to scream when some replies to me with 'y'all', 'your fandom' or 'you people'. I left twitter because I wanted to be seen as an individual with my own opinions. And it is true that Armys' opinion are not often taken seriously because of bias but others' are objective and true.

off topic but pepe! I want to try one too! :pepe-flirt:

• I want to scream when some replies to me with 'y'all', 'your fandom' or 'you people'. I left twitter because I wanted to be seen as an individual with my own opinions. And it is true that Armys' opinion are not often taken seriously because of bias but others' are objective and true.

off topic but pepe! I want to try one too! :pepe-flirt:

I was never on twitter in the first place. Big brain energy :pepe-flirt::pepe-use-head:

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :wilds::oks:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!