soojin & seo shin ae: a theory

• disclaimer: by no means am i claiming that this is the "truth" or what really happened. however, it does make the most logical sense. so, if you have issues with trauma survivors calling out other trauma survivors, this is your warning to see yourself out. i have no ill will towards the girls and hope they get the help that they're going to need after this situation. and if you're gonna comment "oh you're obsessed with your idol you think they could do no wrong", first of all, no. and second of all, if it was you, you would be on the same goddamn soapbox, except this time it really is looking like she didn't do it, so hear me out.

before i go any deeper, i'll put these two statements here, both of which were made by SSA:

"The individual who spoke of me always mocked and cursed at me for 2 years with her 'group' on the way to school, during breaks in the hallways, in the cafeteria, everyday, everywhere, saying, 'She's not even pretty so how is she a celebrity?', 'Her fame is already a thing of the past', 'No wonder she's an outcast', 'I don't know why the teachers always treat her so specially', repeatedly harassing me verbally. "

"The individual says that they do not remember, and they never spoke with me, and this is true. It was entirely one-sided verbal harassment. The individual continues to deny that they ever said those words full of scorn behind my back, which I find unfortunate."

so... which is it? how about we pinpoint facts instead of emotions.

• Soojin released a precise letter addressing every single one of the allegations against her
    • There is no physical or reliable digital evidence that Soojin committed any of the crimes/acts she was accused of
    • SSA contradicts herself in her statements
    • Old classmates have come to Soojin's defense
    • The sisters (the ones alleging the assault incident), one of them was dancing to G-IDLE on live video since the incident

obviously there's more but these are the main points. so now, the theory:

Seo Shin Ae was bullied, and she did suffer trauma- but not from Soojin. i believe it is either a close friend of Soojin's or a girl in that class who now loves G-IDLE and idolizes Soojin. why? there could be a couple of reasons for this. first, i know no one likes hearing this, but maybe SSA needed attention or a publicity boost. if she were to come out about her bullying about a random girl back in school, sadly no one would care, but an idol gets EVERYONE'S attention.

SSA thought about trauma years back and posted about it, however, it was only a half-truth. i think she did this to hurt the person who bullied her that is close to Soojin/loves Soojin. and before you say it's far-fetched... it's really not when you think about it. imagine if this bully loved G-IDLE and this caused the disbandment of G-IDLE? the bully would be broken.

it's all in the name of petty revenge because barely anyone, and i mean ANYONE, waits THIS long to speak out about this and then contradicts themselves when they finally do, there's always something else to it. i believe she is attempting to throw a wrench at her old bully but with doing so she has seriously damaged Soojin's reputation. someone here is obviously telling a lie and it's most likely SSA. she went silent after it spiraled out of control, and chances are i don't think she planned on that happening. but people did pile on. and now there's just a half-truth now buried in a mountain of absolute lies.

i feel horrible for SSA because i really do think she was bullied and put through it, people used to put sticky notes on my back that said "slut" "whore" etc. and do other things that were far worse so for any sjw getting ready to fire off about how i don't know shit- yes, i do know shit. and as for Soojin? i feel even more horrible for her too. G-IDLE is my favorite group, but that doesn't change the fact that their recent comeback "HWAA" put them back on the up and up, and this killed the momentum. it probably also fucked with her mental health too.

what scares me is that people are making comments towards the both of them without understanding the repercussions of their words. and i guaran-fucking-tee you, these comments come from the same people who act so shocked when idols talk about their depression or end up leaving us. none of these girls deserve to be harassed and they should be left alone to heal on their own.

in the end, SSA closed her letter very vaguely and actually very non-confrontationally, and i believe that's to avoid a lawsuit from Cube. it says something that Soojin agrees to step down if she's found guilty of all this- that she's so sure of her innocence and she doesn't have anything to hide. and that's a good thing. she did admit to some of the things said about her but they were all very minor and very commonplace. short skirts are short skirts, they're not slapping another student across the face.

so yeah, those are my thoughts. feel free to have a civil discussion below.

and don't make me have to use the Taylor Swift example please.

also, this is a BIASED OPINION!!! i thought that was obvious but i have no issue stating it

also one last side note: just because you didn't "take sides" doesn't make you morally superior to everyone else. we're human, of fucking course we have bias, you took a side in your head subconsciously whether you realized it or not, go take psychology. i acknowledge i could be partially/completely wrong or right and am not claiming anyone is holier than thou/better than anyone else. i'd rather be open about my opinions than sit on the fence rooting for one side and then acting all excited when the other side succeeds. it's okay to be wrong about a person.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• She couldn’t say Soojin’s name because she can be sued for defamation (especially how Cube is threatening other ‘victims’ regarding the issue).

and again wow, saying that SSA put out her statement because she needed the attention is just utterly disgusting. How can you say that to someone who was verbally abused?

Soojin asked for it and now she’s getting it.

• She couldn’t say Soojin’s name because she can be sued for defamation (especially how Cube is threatening other ‘victims’ regarding the issue).

and again wow, saying that SSA put out her statement because she needed the attention is just utterly disgusting. How can you say that to someone who was verbally abused?

how about you come off of your alt account to continue this civil discussion!

• Like I've always said plenty of times...

the fight as it currently is is in the court of public opinion - evidence, facts etc doesn't really matter its all what one can convince the public to be on your side...

in a court of law those things matter evidence, proof, character's credibility etc...

• Like I've always said plenty of times...

the fight as it currently is is in the court of public opinion - evidence, facts etc doesn't really matter its all what one can convince the public to be on your side...

in a court of law those things matter evidence, proof, character's credibility etc...

sigh. it's hard because i'm a law student so naturally i'm thinking in terms of law. but yes you are right!

• Official Post

I won't go into assuming what either girls were thinking but I find it interesting that SSA company didn't reach out to Soojin beforehand and instead decides to post a public statement. Yes it is true Soojin asked for one but that was only because SSA's company refused to talk privately and resolve the issue. Before this statement Soojin's classmates said that Soojin wasn't in the group by the time SSA went to their school so that's something. SSA doesn't want to bring this to court so what is her end game? An apology, Soojin to officially step down, nothing? Her statement makes it seem like she doesn't want things to be resolved, almost like she was just ranting and according to her recent statement she is sorry for causing worry to her fans, but that's it.

• sigh. it's hard because i'm a law student so naturally i'm thinking in terms of law. but yes you are right!

and thus until one gets to a court of law...everything is basically moot

people here have mentioned Park Bom's situation and T-ara's situation to me as examples of where the reputational damage was so overwhelming that the truth ultimately didn't matter anymore...

and thus I've said what i said in the beginning one needs to convince the public or get the public on their side whatever the means possible...

• and thus until one gets to a court of law...everything is basically moot

people here have mentioned Park Bom's situation and T-ara's situation to me as examples of where the representational damage was so overwhelming that the truth ultimately didn't matter anymore...

and thus I've said what i said in the beginning one needs to convince the public or get the public on their side whatever the means possible...

i feel like i'd sound too old if i said "it's the tech these days!!!" but the tech makes it easier for stories to spread, people to comment, etc. so it really is up to the public more

• and again wow, saying that SSA put out her statement because she needed the attention is just utterly disgusting. How can you say that to someone who was verbally abused?

Anyone with a brain can see that you think you're better than OP for believing the accuser with these holier than thou responses imo

lol I don’t and if that’s what you think then it’s not my problem anymore

• i feel like i'd sound too old if i said "it's the tech these days!!!" but the tech makes it easier for stories to spread, people to comment, etc. so it really is up to the public more

no that's true social media has assisted in the rise of the public having more power than before

and that can be both a good thing and bad...

it can highlight examples of things going viral - take something like Brace Girls blowing up or one of those human interest stories about someone helping someone ...

or shit like people eating cinnamon or tide pods...lol

• Official Post

Like I've always said plenty of times...

I think in America, statue of limitations would've ended this entire thing long ago(depends on the region tbh). It's been what...9-10 years since middle school. Both sides have no proof to back up their claims, it's basically she said, she said. No witnesses have come out(cmiiw), and the case keeps dragging on and on. Imagine how tired we are.

I'm interested in how this case will fare now that CUBE is involving lawyers and lawsuits, because at the end of the day, it'll be all up to the judge to decide. Then again, idk if SSA wants to bring this to court.

But I do agree on the evidence and facts part. There have been several cases where the idols' reputation was so severely damaged, that it didn't matter whether or not the rumors were true, because the damage had been done(T-ARA for example).

Right now, the court of public opinion are obviously on SSA's side, so unless Soojin pulls out overwhelming evidence to refute the other's claims, it'll remain that way.

• I won't go into assuming what either girls were thinking but I find it interesting that SSA company didn't reach out to Soojin beforehand and instead decides to post a public statement. Yes it is true Soojin asked for one but that was only because SSA's company refused to talk privately and resolve the issue. Before this statement Soojin's classmates said that Soojin wasn't in the group by the time SSA went to their school so that's something. SSA doesn't want to bring this to court so what is her end game? An apology, Soojin to officially step down, nothing? Her statement makes it seem like she doesn't want things to be resolved, almost like she was just ranting and according to her recent statement she is sorry for causing worry to her fans, but that's it.

i feel like it would've gone over a lot more smoothly if her company did reach out to Soojin, maybe they would have the chance to talk or work out differences.

• i'd say most of the time i'm logical and dont take sides, but this time i'm biased towards seo shin ae. lemme just break down my reasoning here, instead of writing fanfic like you did.

why i think it's unlikely SSA is lying:

1. KOREAN DEFAMATION LAWS

people can be charged with defamation even when they're telling the truth (had a big part in the korean #metoo movement)

nobody reveals who they are openly unless they have evidence to prove when being sued (soojin is a celeb and her company is sueing other people so thats even more risky)

2. SSA has been out of the public eye since around 2017 barely active on instagram too (university). If she really wanted the hype she'd get a job. If she announces a job then this would be sus, but she hasnt. there havent been any of the drama that comes along with most accusations.

3. Soojin admitted she was an unruly child in highschool

idols only do that if theres considerable evidence against them, and the stuff soojin mentioned would have usually been left out to protect their image. the fact that soojin admitted this much, means that there is more to be found out.

4. Lines up with other accusers (who seem crazy, but SSA seems sane enough)

i'm still gonna wait and watch, but as of now I really do think SSA is telling the truth

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• no that's true social media has assisted in the rise of the public having more power than before

and that can be both a good thing and bad...

it can highlight examples of things going viral - take something like Brace Girls blowing up or one of those human interest stories about someone helping someone ...

or shit like people eating cinnamon or tide pods...lol

not the tide pods-

• Official Post

Honestly I'm just wondering why this thing has been blown up so big because they could have settled it by speaking and addressing those publicly.

Whose side chose not to settle this privately and made this matter even bigger than it is?

^^^^^^^ This entire thing could've probably ended a while ago if they had both dealt with it privately.

I believe SSA's company didn't want to meet with CUBE/Soojin, so that's probably why we're still at it here.

• once again, never said i was absolutely right and some of your points do make sense here! especially the third.

• Honestly I'm just wondering why this thing has been blown up so big because they could have settled it by speaking and addressing those publicly.

Whose side chose not to settle this privately and made this matter even bigger than it is?

i know. the companies should've talked more, i think the girls could've had more time to talk to each other and maybe work out their differences and it wouldn't have gotten this far.

• ^^^^^^^ This entire thing could've probably ended a while ago if they had both dealt with it privately.

I believe SSA's company didn't want to meet with CUBE/Soojin, so that's probably why we're still at it here.

It's like during that week there were like 17487481 bullying allegations and all have died down. I mean maybe their image like Hyunjin's might be slightly tarnished but hey at least it is settled (RIP Hyunjin in Kingdom though). But then this case has been going on and going and doesn't look like it is ending anytime yet.

• ^^^^^^^ This entire thing could've probably ended a while ago if they had both dealt with it privately.

i fully believe this wouldn't be as big/maybe even not in existence if they had just let the girls speak to each other

• First to you :pepewhat:

now now, SSA was brought into this scandal. She wasn't the one who started this whole mess, she was brought in with others saying that Soojin did bully her. (The claim can be false, but she wasn't the one who started it.)

We have you a survivor decreasing another "survivor" case bc you think you had it worse and automatically invalidating her experience to a mere revenge... Check ✔️

Using her "not successful career" to justify as why she must be the liar while excluding the possibility of Soojin also possibly lying to save her successful career... Check ✔️

It's funny how you (in general) keep saying and worrying about "both" mental stability, but already accusing just one.

I think there are several possibilities and several hurt people, but the same way you already made your judgment you can't condemn others, in special gp, of also making their judgment. If this will be the response until everything is settled then let's expect both sides to be attacked.

• I’m slightly biased too because I love G-Idle as a whole but Soojin is not my fav in it. It doesn’t mean I’m not wishing her innocence.

It’s too early to say anything about this yet, Cube and Soojin was careful since the beginning of the scandal. They always waited to gather evidence before they came out with a statement.

I said it in another thread, the statements from both parties doesn’t match up. Also said this is like a kdrama. Can it be a plot twist that big? The actress want publicity so she goes after a public figure claiming bullying and creates drama just to boost her carrier.

Soojin said the actress joined the school later and by that time she wasn’t with those people.( If the actress comes forward tomorrow to say Oh by the way the person I didn’t named wasn’t Soojin I swear I buy a plane ticket to go to Korea and slap her in the face. )

I don’t know. It looks like the odds are on the actress side at the moment. I hope for Cubs and Soojin to come up with something to save her but I don’t see it how that would be possible in this point.

• It’s funny how you are taking bits and pieces to fit your narrative lol.

And when Seo Shinae said “she has never spoke to me. Which is true” you left out “They were just one-sided insults.“ which was a mic drop in that sentence.

Also, I’ve seen some idle fans flip flopping with her recent post. Before y’all said Seo Shinae’s Instagram posts were never direct, why isn’t she speaking on said bullying and now that she has y’all are saying it isn’t Soojin but some other gang and trying to flip the switch. When Seo Shinae has openly talked about being bullied since 2017.

She even took a role as a bully for people to know her own experience as a victim of being bullied.

It’s pretty obvious Soojin is hiding something but y’all are so delusional to see that.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Official Post

Soojin's classmates themselves were the ones claiming that by the time SSA joined their school Soojin was not with the group that bullied SSA. People aren't coming up with this stuff out of thin air.

• It's useless to make theories about this, whatever we come up with won't be rational as none of us have all the facts and it's just she said/she said. On top of that I have to say the obvious: that those who already picked a side won't be convinced to change their mind because bullying cases almost never have solid proofs.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Soojin and her friend could also be lying, that should be part of any theory.

• it's obvious you misinterpreted nearly everything here so let me make this clear:

1. i was using an example because i am fully aware people would come into this thread saying i don't know shit about bullying. our situations are not related in the slightest, not did i not compare them. so don't you dare think i'm trying to decrease or minimize her experience when anyone with good sense can see that i wasn't.

2. i never said her career "wasn't successful" because i believe she does have a successful career. that is a conclusion YOU jumped to. people may want attention for many different reasons.

3. i never said SSA was a horrible person or anything like that for lying, and i'm not accusing because it's a fucking theory, read the damn title

4. the fact you took an OPINION thread this seriously is absolutely ridiculous when i made it clear multiple times what this was. i'm not going to waste my time replying further after this.

• she said that the bully talked to her but then proceeded to say that it was true that they never talked.

She said the bullies in a group talked about her.

• It's useless to make theories about this, whatever we come up with won't be rational as none of us have all the facts and it's just she said/she said. On top of that I have to say the obvious: that those who already picked a side won't be convinced to change their mind because bullying cases almost never have solid proofs.

yeah i'm starting to realize that because everyone is missing the point.

• man it's almost as if this thread is just an opinion :/

• Soojin's classmates themselves were the ones claiming that by the time SSA joined their school Soojin was not with the group that bullied SSA. People aren't coming up with this stuff out of thin air.

Which classmates? From Koreaboo article 1 classmate came forward and painted Soojin as a victim but that doesn’t added up seeing Soojin’s statement.

And k-netz has stated how Soojin’s fans would make false claims on pann to distort the truth. If she had classmates to speak on her behalf where are the proper translations?

Soompi never once made a post on that so how do you know they’re her classmates?

Again, Seo Shinae directed her post to Soojin, openly talked about being bullied back in 2017 and took a role about being a bully. So someone here is clearly lying.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Again, Seo Shinae directed her post to Soojin, openly talked about being bullied back in 2017 and took a role about being a bully. So someone here is clearly lying.

Not by name, but the connections are strongly pointed at Soojin.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!