How would you rejuvenate Twice's careers in Korea?

• Can Twice's career in Korea be revived? 40

1. Yes, with the right song and concept they can still have a big hit song (24) 60%
    2. No, the Korean public has moved on and will never look back (16) 40%

Can it even be done? :eyes:

• hire mhj for their division

So they can be a NewJeans clone??? Get out of here with that.

My answer is since VCHA tanked, maybe JYP will focus on Twice more???

We can all hope he does, right?

Other than that, I have no idea.

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't bout how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

xgSyBVJ.jpg

• I feel like they are at an point they do not care. Half the group is not Korean, and they still sell hundreds of thousands of units quickly. Not to mention they are more successful in Japan than anywhere else and Japan has an huge culture around owning physical media.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Bm3QzhQ.gif

• they would need to revert back to bubblegum pop and aegyo.

Going to an aegyo concept as a nearly 10 year old group would be an awful move guaranteed to permanently tank their reputation in Korea

hire mhj for their division

She could fix them. For sure. MHJ legitimately has a better reputation in Korea than Twice right now :meme-kek:

You need to worry about NewJeans still having a career to rejuvenate come 2025.

You still haven't answered the question. Does it offend you?

I feel like they are at an point they do not care. Half the group is not Korean, and they still sell hundreds of thousands of units quickly. Not to mention they are more successful in Japan than anywhere else and Japan has an huge culture around owning physical media.

I dont think they need that but if jyp wanted twice to top kcharts again then a fresh catchy song with a surprise factor in the concept to get people taking is all they need. And by fresh I mean FRESH not the uninspired bland pop songs they've been releasing (according me, though it's been a while since i checked their recent stuff)

I don't think they care nor need it, but it's just a fun hypothetical to ponder. If JYP tasked you with coming up with a project to get them their first big hit in a long time, how would you do it is really all I'm asking.

FRESH is very broad. But it would probably work if executed well.

• Though not PAKs or chart toppers if their reputation was better they could have charted at least like SNSD. But I don’t think twice can recover in Korea.

Good thing they don’t really need it either.

SNSD set the bar so high. No girl group can approach their longevity in Korea (yet).

Their last title tracks was a top 5 song.

• Agree Talk That Talk is a banger :yesr:

It at least charted well, compared to their last round of releases at least.

I need to see a Twice song as well received as Pop

I wonder if Twice could've gotten a hit with a song like that.

• anything is possible

but the question is superfluous since it literally applies to any and every group

every group has the potential to hit it big with the right song

we've seen songs from nugu / less successful groups and companies coming out of nowhere and chart/do well etc

can groups sustain such momentum and continue to do well - well that's a separate matter

• It's not about sustaining momentum. Twice already did that at their peak. I'm just curious if they can ever get a big hit song in Korea again.

• Why bother?

Digital success with GP is necessary to build a fandom, to get CF deals

But once a considerable fandom has been built, with massive physical sales, sold out concerts, onboarding CF deals

It makes little difference.

TWICE is on an auto mode now, make very good money with a large and stable fandom. They don't need digital success. It is just a nice to have.

From JYPE perspective, better to push another new "product line" oops " idol group", than bother the steady seller.

TWICE needs no rejuvenation. They are at a very good spot.

• Rejuvenation? You keep trying to pander to what the GP likes you loose yourself. And even if you think this song is the one it ends up not doing well. Nowadays you need to sajaegi your way up in the charts to do well. Like look at that three letter 5th Gen boy group.

And Korean fans can chew on bricks. J-ONCE stick by TWICE through thick and thin and support all their songs. That’s why twice isn’t scared to tackle any concept over there.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• no I don't think so. Their concept now isn't likable for GP, but the close they could get to their previous concept was 'talk that talk' and they did decent, isn't it their best charting song in recent years? Yup, but it's not gonna be easy to release bubble gum pop again but similar would work, not on cheer up level but normal

• It's not impossible but I don't think it's likely at this point. And honestly can we just let these girls rest like dam. Also I really think people are not appreciating just how large Twice is in Japan. On YT at least, I saw they appeared on the JP weekly song charts over 900 times. They have songs charting in Japan at pretty much any given moment, so they don't need anything else!

• It's not about sustaining momentum. Twice already did that at their peak. I'm just curious if they can ever get a big hit song in Korea again.

I feel like they can, if only they promote it properly but they don't seem willing to and honestly can't blame them. TTT did well but part of that was Nayeon going viral for 'professionalism' when she was fixing her top but immediately was in perfect synch when the music started, also those pics of her in the black jumpsuit. They didn't even promote that era in Korea apart from a week of music shows.

Since M&M (and probs before actually) Twice hasn't really promoted in Korea so I always see loads of posts saying they are shocked because they didn't even realise Twice had a CB, especially since they now promote for a week and then dip, they haven't been trying to appeal to the GP in years. Only time they promote a song is when its a solo debut, and even that seems very limited. If they went ham on tv show appearances, yt shows and followed it up with a catch song (even as a pre-release), I'm sure they'd do great. But all pre-releases have been English, promoted in the US and they haven't promoted a b-side since up no more in 2020.

• They're doing alright for a girl group who's been active for almost a decade with back to back comebacks and tours. I'd just give them a hit mrke freedom to do whatever they want with their solo careers.

• I’m in two minds to answer :/ I think twice are long past the glory days and have settled into their legacy period like Snsd e.g 4th/5th gen groups covering their music and dances and current kpop groups shouldn’t be twice competition as they don’t really need to prove themselves anymore :oops:  

I think individually they can ascend to new heights similar to Taeyeon etc which does show to boost the groups reputation/ extend their legacy. I think they just need the right song :melon_think: this should be their main focus, they have 9 active members so 9 opportunities to strike gold

( if that’s what they want :!: )

• STOP WORKING WITH WESTERN PRODUCERS.

its so annoying what made Twice popular was there Korean sound, as soon as Twice got popular they transitioned to western sounds (more and more ) thinking the west would prefer a Western Twice song then a Korean one, what jyp and Twice fail to see is that Twices international fans prefer Korean/asian sounding twice then western sounding Twice,

a example of this is there Japanese discovery, thankfully its not handled by JYP but Japanese team and they are still so successful in japan because the songs used still sound like Twice, perfect world, Hare Hare all twice sounding songs

• Option C: You don't bother.

South Korea can't afford to pay for the Expenses for a Group like TWICE if that was the only country the group promoted in 2025 but they aren't alone, BP and BTS couldn't be sustained financially by SK.

All 3 groups have renewed contracts meaning their companies will be paying a hell of a lot more so they all need that foreign or Non-SK cash for the companies to smile.

And just to remind us...

TWICE had a 120+ ranked Circle Song from an album that sold over a million copies and we all know that wasn't from SK buyers.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!