Gidle has flopped tremendously this comeback, what does this means for their future and 4th gen girl groups?

• Alright, before throwing at me the placement of klaxon on some irrelevant korean chart put your guns down for a moment and let me clarify that I'm referring mostly to their spotify numbers and the fact they are underperforming tremendously for a current top trendy girl group in a lot of areas, outside of that they are doing more than fine and are by no means "flopping".

michael-jackson-kinkytwt.gif

Gidle celebrated their 6th anniversary recently and they are still a very trendy popular 4th gen girl group, they were the first 4th gen group to make any noise on 2018 at the peak of kpop as a genre when 3rd gen was dominating so much, after that they felt flat and were just kinda there for 4 years, not doing bad but they were not a main actor at all. Then on 2022 they released tomboy and started they era as a high tier girl group, following with another 2 big hits nxde and queencard, it was a more or less 2 years period they had a renaissance.

But it seems that is over, super lady gave us the first warning and what a warning, that era is still a hit but despite they blooming in sales for example you could already see a storm forming. So here is the thing, their spotify numbers are actually a complete flop, a flop at such scale I can barely believe is possible:

live data (@livestreamstats) on X
    #Spotify Sunday (14/7) UTC 23:15 #Renaissance – 2.4M #Habits – 2.25M #DidItFirst – 2.05M #BrandNewDance – 2M #Fuel – 1.9M #XO – 1.34M #WomansWorld – 1.12M…
    x.com

rn they are doing 300k daily streams for klaxon, and they never surpassed the 400k range, this is way worse than their 4th gen competitors, even below Ive that has been underperforming on spotify for 2 eras now. Not only they are way below a 5th gen girl group like kiss of life but even a low tier girl group like dreamcatcher managed to gain 200k streams on their main track, gidle for a moment was doing barely better than dreamcatcher!! This doesn't feel real, I can't believe this. Even Twice worst japanese release of all time, dive managed to get 500K and 400K streams for some days and is currently less than 80k streams, this is crazy.

How do you get from a big hit like queencard to flop in this catastrophic manner so fast? This is painting a very bleak future for them and in consequence 4tg gen girl groups, for gidle career this could be the sign that their big hit trilogy was just a momentary period of success and they are now returning to what they really are, and for 4th gen gg, as the first one to make it into the public eye, starting to flop in this manner could be the first sign of the end.

Personally I think 4th gen girl group have at best 3 more years as the main attraction and this year is proving it, newjeans career crumbling tremendously, ive underperforming since baddie era, itzy in a state of induced coma since years, now gidle flopping, like we have aespa and lesserafim as the only ones in a "positive state" and yet I would prefer to wait until the december and their next releases to conclude they are indeed on a positive state. But prepare for the end 4tg gen stans, is coming fast for you all.

• Mind that Fate is song with most points on Circle Chart in 2024

It's one of candidates for SOTY

You can't expect each album to have "double singles" doing as well as Allergy and Queencard, or some previous releases

People might be just bored of "colorful" Idle and are expecting something new like Oh My God, Lion or Hann to be main title

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It did flop on spotify, I will agree with that.

• Mind that Fate is song with most points on Circle Chart in 2024

It's one of candidates for SOTY

Don't make me tap the sign

Alright, before throwing at me the placement of klaxon on some irrelevant korean chart put your guns down for a moment and let me clarify that I'm referring mostly to their spotify numbers and the fact they are underperforming tremendously for a current top trendy girl group in a lot of areas, outside of that they are doing more than fine and are by no means "flopping".

292061-michael-jackson-kinkytwt-gif

Yes it also counts for fate, korean charts won't save any group.

People might be just bored of "colorful" Idle and are expecting something new like Oh My God, Lion or Hann to be main title

Klaxon is a big miss, and yes even I miss their oh my god concept, even when it probably won't do as better as their trilogy.

It did flop on spotify, I will agree with that.

The positive side for you is that now dreamcatcher is close to gidle level at least on spotify :iconpepe:

• Don't make me tap the sign

Yes it also counts for fate, korean charts won't save any group.

Klaxon is a big miss, and yes even I miss their oh my god concept, even when it probably won't do as better as their trilogy.

The positive side for you is that now dreamcatcher is close to gidle level at least on spotify :iconpepe:

But don't Idle have 10M monthly listeners on Spotify?

+ Reminder about payola. Spotify basically became another youtube.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I couldn't care less about their Spotify numbers — Idle were never strong internationally but it's baffling to say the least how they are arguably the most consistent 4th gen group on kcharts but nearly every song had a kinda slow start. Queencard took a a week or two to reach #1, and now Klaxon is rising slowly despite Fate saving the '2' era. For a group that has put out 4 huge hits in a row, I expect them to be topping charts right after release but it's always after promo or the song going viral that their songs reach #1.

loml

• it was already bad but seeing the comparison with dreamcatcher (sorry DC I love you) really puts it in perspective. imma let you cook with this 1....

Finally!!! see you can be rational when babymonster and blackpink are not mentioned? :iconpepe:

But don't Idle have 10M monthly listeners on Spotify?

+ Reminder about payola. Spotify basically became another youtube.

Monthly listeners are a very flawed metric sadly.

And gidle never had spotify payola, they are totally organic at least until recently (we can't be sure anymore with the autoplay feature) so their 250M-300M with their big hit trilogy is more impressive.

• i’m pretty sure we’ve been telling yall that there are a handful of top girl groups in the 4th gen and they either do extremely well or less than average based mostly on the song.

As long as you don't try to sneak newjeans in there you are right. But klaxon isn't even bad, and not bad enough to get them 300k streams only so your explanation is true, for every group is the same, 3rd gen too, depending on the song it will do more or less well, twice for example when they started to have 2 comebacks per year they had a song that did better on korean charts but worse internationally and one that was the contrary (fancy the exception).

I couldn't care less about their Spotify numbers — Idle were never strong internationally but it's baffling to say the least how they are arguably the most consistent 4th gen group on kcharts but nearly every song had a kinda slow start. Queencard took a a week or two to reach #1, and now Klaxon is rising slowly despite Fate saving the '2' era. For a group that has put out 4 huge hits in a row, I expect them to be topping charts right after release but it's always after promo or the song going viral that their songs reach #1.

This era of kpop and korean charts is like that, in 3rd gen hardly a song that started bad become a big hit weeks after because of virality, at least for the top groups. This has cemented gidle as the 6th biggest girl group of 4th gen overall for me, they won't surpass itzy just with 3 big hits.

• As long as you don't try to sneak newjeans in there you are right. But klaxon isn't even bad, and not bad enough to get them 300k streams only so your explanation is true, for every group is the same, 3rd gen too, depending on the song it will do more or less well, twice for example when they started to have 2 comebacks per year they had a song that did better on korean charts but worse internationally and one that was the contrary (fancy the exception).

This era of kpop and korean charts is like that, in 3rd gen hardly a song that started bad become a big hit weeks after because of virality, at least for the top groups. This has cemented gidle as the 6th biggest girl group of 4th gen overall for me, they won't surpass itzy just with 3 big hits.

i’m gonna sneak newjeans in there :chicken-dance:

namely IVE, Newjeans, aespa & Gidle as the top performing girlgroups of the 4th gen that kind of shuffle around rankings in terms of success of their recent comebacks etc.

• I couldn't care less about their Spotify numbers — Idle were never strong internationally but it's baffling to say the least how they are arguably the most consistent 4th gen group on kcharts but nearly every song had a kinda slow start. Queencard took a a week or two to reach #1, and now Klaxon is rising slowly despite Fate saving the '2' era. For a group that has put out 4 huge hits in a row, I expect them to be topping charts right after release but it's always after promo or the song going viral that their songs reach #1.

it's because their success is mostly due to their music. the group itself has very little hype compared to the success of their songs.

soyeon is pretty good at making gp friendly songs and will probably do fine after gidle as a songwrtier/composer:thumbup:.

• Superlady debuted with 890K with much more promotion, Klaxon with 365K, and already passed 2M after a week.

External Content x.com

Before people trying to call someone or a group a FLOP, do some research! 95% of Kpop groups/soloist are technically flops on Spotify. This doesn't mean anything. Groups like Gidle are a longevity group on streaming platforms because people listening to their songs because they love it, not because they want to brag about their streaming numbers.

People have to realize that not every CB will be success, especially if they do multiple comebacks in one year. They had 2 cb's in 6 months, and this is their 3rd album with more than 1M sales after 1 week. Calling them flops just because of Spotify is just madness!

• rn they are doing 300k daily streams for klaxon, and they never surpassed the 400k range, this is way worse than their 4th gen competitors, even below Ive that has been underperforming on spotify for 2 eras now. Not only they are way below a 5th gen girl group like kiss of life but even a low tier girl group like dreamcatcher managed to gain 200k streams on their main track, gidle for a moment was doing barely better than dreamcatcher!! This doesn't feel real, I can't believe this. Even Twice worst japanese release of all time, dive managed to get 500K and 400K streams for some days and is currently less than 80k streams, this is crazy

Ohhh when you put it in this perspective maybe some of my so called flop favss are not doing all that badly as I have been brainwashed into thinking.

• Don't make me tap the sign

Alright, before throwing at me the placement of klaxon on some irrelevant korean chart put your guns down for a moment and let me clarify that I'm referring mostly to their spotify numbers and the fact they are underperforming tremendously for a current top trendy girl group in a lot of areas, outside of that they are doing more than fine and are by no means "flopping".

Ohhh when you put it in this perspective maybe some of my so called flop favss are not doing all that badly as I have been brainwashed into thinking.

150K-200K for dreamcatcher with 2M playlist reach is actually good, their company isn't doing anything for them there

Honestly this song deserves flopping that hard. It is their worst song released so far. Also, they had 7m+ playlisting on its first day same as Le sserafim and Aespa

I couldn't believe my ears when they sang: honk honk hit the klaxon, soyeon can't be for real, we are accustomed to cringe lyrics on kpop but this one feels so off:meme-erm:

• I been saying dis the whole year, in terms of relevancy they’re closer to Itzy than to aespa or LSF, the Gidle glaze has been insane on AKP

• Every group been foppin lately, it's over for 4th gen. Well, it's not the group's fault, and it's just K-pop not trendy as anymore. What a subpar summer it's been.

"Be wise, don't be absurd" - Wateris

"Facts speaks volume, not delusional minds" - Wateris

:facepalm:

I’m not rude, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking.

There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• Every group been foppin lately, it's over for 4th gen. Well, it's not the group's fault, and it's just K-pop not trendy as anymore. What a subpar summer it's been.

Not really. Aespa and Le sserafim are on upward trend. 4th gen is certainly not over, at least until 5th gen groups will pass them first in music quality(which they are clearly way behind), and then in other metrics(streams, sales, charts)

• I'll just add my personal view as a casual listener. I was honestly surprised they already had another comeback. Especially because Super Lady promotions were cut short due to illness.

But also, I wasn't over Fate yet and that happens to me with a lot of groups: I still enjoy listening to the previous cb and am not "ready" for a new one.

So even though I like Klaxon, I will take my time to check it out properly as I don't feel like moving on yet.

I felt the same when Seventeen followed up after Super and SKZ after S-Class. Coming back too soon after a hit, for me, means I will neglect the new comeback.

I couldn't believe my ears when they sang: honk honk hit the klaxon, soyeon can't be for real, we are accustomed to cringe lyrics on kpop but this one feels so off:meme-erm:

Not every song can be Bob Dylan-esque Nobel Prize winning lyrical masterpiece(I believe Dylan himself wrote some clunkers <possibly?>)

For a contemporary kpop song, in Soyeon's non native language, I can accept Klaxon as an attempt at a summer bop. Whether it's a clunker or not, ... ahh the lyrics don't make sense to me but hey, it's popping up on lots of youtube shorts in my timeline rn. Maybe just let it be if you can't accept it. Lots of non kpop lyrics sound more cringe (or just as much) AND were far more successful-eg Wannabe by Spice Girls for one.

• Please cringe level has also its limits. It was their cringiest song. If song was decent I would’ve forgive that, but this song is worse than baby monster’s songs. I feel like kindergarteners would have that hong hong hong motto :pepe-shame:

Not every song can be Bob Dylan-esque Nobel Prize winning lyrical masterpiece(I believe Dylan himself wrote some clunkers <possibly?>)

For a contemporary kpop song, in Soyeon's non native language, I can accept Klaxon as an attempt at a summer bop. Whether it's a clunker or not, ... ahh the lyrics don't make sense to me but hey, it's popping up on lots of youtube shorts in my timeline rn. Maybe just let it be if you can't accept it. Lots of non kpop lyrics sound more cringe (or just as much) AND were far more successful-eg Wannabe by Spice Girls for one.

• Why is everyone shocked when non Big 4 girl groups flop on Spotify? Their international following is always tiny, so unless the song goes verifiably viral like Cupid, it will just disappear. They're not getting their fans to zombie stream or the company to budget for payola.

• I been saying dis the whole year, in terms of relevancy they’re closer to Itzy than to aespa or LSF, the Gidle glaze has been insane on AKP

Fandom aside, they're way above Itzy and LSF. JYP and HYBE stans will token support those other groups.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!