How does it feel for tokkies knowing they will never pass Twice in total album sales?

• New Jeans will apparently break every girl group record in history but total album sales I'm afraid. Cause it's looking like Twice is never going to fucking retire and they will just keep releasing 3 albums a year till the end of time. And even if they dip in sales it's still going to be enough to keep them a #1 forever.

Sure Blackpink would be the highest selling group ever if they had as many albums as Twice but I've learned kpop fans don't believe in WHAT IFS.

So there you have it. Here's one record ONCE can always hold over Tokkies. The one record a ONCE will always dig out of the closet and place on the mantel when they know a tokkie is coming over for a visit.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nope. BP even with the same amount of albums wouldn't have sold as much as TWICE.

This is supposed to be a Once/tokkie main event. Don't invite blinks.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you want my Twice to retire? Huh??? :starec:

They've worn out their welcome. Nobody needs any more Twice post Fancy era.

• I think he means total sales.

• I think he means total sales.

Yah so I saw on another thread Twice is the first GG to exceed 6mil sales on Hanteo, and before that it was IVE that reached 5.5mil so it is because of this comeback that made them overtake IVE in total sales.

NJs is 3.8mil. So if every single comeback NJs have more sales than every single Twice comeback, in the long run when the 2 curves meet NJs has a chance to overtake Twice total sales which is what this thread is about.

And it isn't impossible considering IVE did it so some other 4th gen groups who are doing well might also have a chance to do so

• Yah so I saw on another thread Twice is the first GG to exceed 6mil sales on Hanteo, and before that it was IVE that reached 5.5mil so it is because of this comeback that made them overtake IVE in total sales.

NJs is 3.8mil. So if every single comeback NJs have more sales than every single Twice comeback, in the long run when the 2 curves meet NJs has a chance to overtake Twice total sales which is what this thread is about.

And it isn't impossible considering IVE did it so some other 4th gen groups who are doing well might also have a chance to do so

Twice is over 10 million in total sales.

• Yah so I saw on another thread Twice is the first GG to exceed 6mil sales on Hanteo, and before that it was IVE that reached 5.5mil so it is because of this comeback that made them overtake IVE in total sales.

I have no idea what numbers you're looking at, but I'm 100% certain they couldn't be less accurate. IVE had not sold more albums than Twice prior to this comeback. Be real. We also don't know how long the latest fads will last. Twice's longevity is unusual for Kpop.

Sure Blackpink would be the highest selling group ever if they had as many albums as Twice but I've learned kpop fans don't believe in WHAT IFS.

We have no way of knowing that. They didn't release nearly enough albums, and if they had, Koreans could've easily gotten sick of them too.

• Twice is over 10 million in total sales.

I have no idea what numbers you're looking at, but I'm 100% certain they couldn't be less accurate. IVE had not sold more albums than Twice prior to this comeback. Be real. We also don't know how long the latest fads will last. Twice's longevity is unusual for Kpop.

We have no way of knowing that. They didn't release nearly enough albums, and if they had, Koreans could've easily gotten sick of them too.

I'm following this it's from their own fans twitter account so if they are lying to me I can't do shit about it

External Content x.com

• I'm following this it's from their own fans twitter account so if they are lying to me I can't do shit about it

External Content x.com

Yup but that's Hanteo

Back in the days they didn't count all the sales (especially not the international ones)

• New Jeans will apparently break every girl group record in history but total album sales I'm afraid. Cause it's looking like Twice is never going to fucking retire and they will just keep releasing 3 albums a year till the end of time. And even if they dip in sales it's still going to be enough to keep them a #1 forever.

So there you have it. Here's one record ONCE can always hold over Tokkies. The one record a ONCE will always dig out of the closet and place on the mantel when they know a tokkie is coming over for a visit.

10 #1 songs in a row is also a pretty good record. (11 in a row is the real record by Sistar and 2NE1)

IVE and NJ are in a good place to match or break it, we will see.

• They've worn out their welcome. Nobody needs any more Twice post Fancy era.

They should follow F(X) example and just fade away.

• I'm following this it's from their own fans twitter account so if they are lying to me I can't do shit about it

External Content x.com

Korean sales: 11,501,602 copies sold

Japanese sales: 3,992,042 copies sold

link Korean sales webpage

External Content x.com

twice has like 15m total sales.

IVE or NJ can pass Twice on Hanteo but the drag is total sales.

• Girl, I don't give a shit
    Album sales are nice to brag about if you want to argue on the forum
    But idc, as long as the music is good, because good music and concept is what NewJeans is known for, and it's also what defines them as a group

Besides, their albums are soooo pretty, and that's all what matters

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Guys if you want to see REAL sales data just follow Korean Sales account on Twitter. That's not a fan account, all info came from official sources.

External Content x.com

Here's TWICE's whole list of sales!

External Content x.com

• Speed is overrated. We know how this ends.

001cf20a-1600.jpg

Time waits for no one. The early bird gets the worm. If you're not first, you're last.

It's inevitable. Accept it. Twice's era of dominance ended in 2019. BlackPink's era of dominance ended in 2022.

We're in the NewJeans chapter of K-Pop girl groups. Accept it gracefully as I have.

Most top girl groups peak around year 3, and NewJeans' 2023 was already the most statistically dominant year in girl group history.

Scary hours are coming.

FACEPALM THAT :boompepe:

External Content x.com

this only hanteo not all total album sales wee need to look at circle for that. Keep in mind that Hanteo only counts sales from Hanteo-affiliated stores not all stores are hanteo certified especially some stores overseas, some sales would be reflected on circle/gaon. Its important to mention that not all girl groups have the same amount of comebacks.

bp still has the highest selling album ( born pink) they just don't have multiple releases other wise they would have been a lot higher let's be real probably second I mean even nmixx is higher than them lol and we know bp was the biggest gg to reach 2M they are probably close to reach 3M. I didn't want to say anything but I always see people use this chart but for blackpink this doesn't reflect what they are able to sell they literally broke the records with pre-sales.

• How did Twice go from Day 1 sales of 61k in 2019 to Day 1 sales of 274k in 2020? And now they are reaching near 800k in first day sales in 2024? This doesn't make any sense.

• How did Twice go from Day 1 sales of 61k in 2019 to Day 1 sales of 274k in 2020? And now they are reaching near 800k in first day sales in 2024? This doesn't make any sense.

We tried to warn you Twice had a huge i-fandom boost once starting the mature concepts, but you guys would just repeat "More& More flop" over and over :wellr:

Also sales have been inflated for all groups and digipacks came into the game, that's for 2022 onwards. Twice growth actually makes more sense than some others or rookies debuting with millions no?

• Another record to shoot for.

#TWICE earns the most attended concerts by an Asian act in Latin America history.

External Content twitter.com

It's almost like they gained fans or something. Weird.

I don't know, but those numbers are real, for sure. Overhype can do wonders.😏

Now now, don't be mad that you've failed to hype up Maomaomao to the same degree. I'm sure their talent will speak for itself. Any day now.

• Another record to shoot for.

#TWICE earns the most attended concerts by an Asian act in Latin America history.

External Content twitter.com

According to the numbers, to reflect newjeans popularity they should sell foro sol at least 5 consecutive times like nothing, that if their numbers were not fabricated by hybe

• If Twice is a Hybe group, someone would say fraudulent sales :p

Nah, TWICE has always sold.

• 2015: 49,904 copies sold
    • 2016: 580,879 copies sold
    • 2017: 1,665,875 copies sold
    • 2018: 2,503,199 copies sold
    • 2019: 2,416,172 copies sold
    • 2020: 1,842,899 copies sold
    • 2021: 1,813,559 copies sold
    • 2022: 2,255,818 copies sold
    • 2023: 2,351,250 copies sold
    • 2024: 14,243 copies sold

If Twice is a Hybe group, someone would say fraudulent sales :p

Try again, feel special to more & more was the first time twice didn't released lot of albums in a period of months so once pockets were not so forced + first time jyp gave twice more than 10-14 days of pre orders with only 4 or 5 stores, they had higher availability and longer period of pre orders. Unlike the fraudulent sales of today, twice sales and each jump can be perfectly explained.

• If only people wouldn’t care so much about this stuff, especially in terms of whose got or whose about to come and surpass sales than the other. I know that album sales bring more revenue to the artist but still its pointless for people especially the minority that go on to mass purchase albums just to see their faves sales go up and surpass the other artist/s. Like just appreciate the artist’s music and the work they’ve put in instead of relying on numbers. :pepe-shrug:

• This thread contains 59 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!