YG to hold new auditions, together with the Japanese company Avex (probably to make a Japanese group)

• Source

YG240213.jpg

YG ENTERTAINMENT, which has produced many artists who are extremely popular around the world such as BIGBANG, BLACKPINK, TREASURE, and BABYMONSTER, and has taken the global music scene by storm beyond the K-POP framework, has teamed up with Avex, a comprehensive Japanese entertainment company. It has been announced that they will team up to hold "YG x Avex Audition 2024" in order to discover candidates for the next global artist.

After the first video screening, the second screening will be held in seven cities across the country. This will be the first large-scale audition jointly held by both companies in eight years since "YOUNGUNS AUDITION" held in 2016.

At the same audition held in 2016, the global boy group "TREASURE", which has won the Newcomer Award at major awards such as the Asian Artist Award, MAMA, Golden Disc Award, and Seoul Music Awards, since the release of their debut song "BOY". Members YOSHI and HARUTO participated. He made a successful debut and is now active all over the world.

What kind of talent will be discovered from this audition? This will attract attention in the future.

●Entry conditions

Men and women born between April 2, 2003 and April 1, 2013
    Not affiliated with a specific production (as of February 2024)

Current residence and nationality do not matter

●Entry period

2024 2 March 13th (Tuesday) to March 10th, 2024 (Sunday)

●Entry method:

Entry only from a computer, mobile phone (smartphone), or tablet (cannot be sent by mail)

●Selection method:

1st web video screening
    2nd practical skill screening

April 7th Sunday (Sunday) Sapporo Asty Hall
    April 13th (Saturday) Nagoya Port Messe Nagoya
    April 14th (Sunday) Fukuoka TKP El Gala Hall
    April 20th (Saturday) and 21st (Sunday) Osaka Umeda Crystal Hall
    April 27th (Saturday), 28th (Sunday), 29th (Monday, holiday) Tokyo Shinagawa Grand Hall
    May 2nd (Wednesday) Sendai Sendai School of Music & Dance College
    May 6th (Monday, holiday) Okinawa Okinawa Laugh & Peace Vocational School
    June - July (scheduled) 3rd Practical Examination

*Details after the 3rd examination will be contacted only to successful applicants.

*The schedule after the third round is subject to change.

https://ygavexaudition2024.com

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Ah they need money

If that would be it than Avex would hold such shows way more often, cause they almost went bankrupt in 2020 and are still close to it. Not even XG can rescue Avex and they are currently their most famous group

• I was talking about YGE actually

shit choice still. Avex sucks ass so using them these days is a big failure. I know they have contracts to eachother but you won't get shit done with using Avex these days, YG could've gone to Sony instead if they really want to work with a Japanese company and are "in need" of money. I mean if it will end up in making a Japanese group than YG has to come up with a good way to get them famous since Avex won't do shit (Reminds me that SM gave the new NCT to Avex and uuuuuhhh)

• YG is really living in the past

or they are teaming up with even poorer ones than them to later on have better split of income

overall they could easily mix things up do group 3K + 3J and instead of going 'global' just focus on K+J markets

also this

*The schedule after the third round is subject to change.

sounds like an invitation to dungeon lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• sounds like an invitation to dungeon lol

I could imagine it since both Avex and YG do have trainees who didn't debut in almost 10 years (or ran away after 10. I mean didn't the dude who was suposed to end up in NCT but than never debuted used to be under Avex for that amount of time or longer or am I just imagining things? I mean I remember that this guy was suposed to originaly debut in Avex but as per usual Avex made 300 pre-debut groups just to never debut any and he somewhat left and ended up under SM for a year or so before he was kicked out) and from groups who debuted, even if its not Avex themself, I know there are people who spend fucking long time before debuting under Avex as trainees (I mean the source of object is BE:FIRST where 5 of the 7 member are former Avex trainees and one of them was with Avex for 9 years before he ended up in another company ... actually altho BE:FIRST is in another company, they are still realated to Avex since their CEO partnered up with Avex to produce them under a sublabel that was specificaly made for them) and YG has had known artists and former trainees who said how long they spend under YG before (I think one dude on the TREASURE show was in YG for 10 years. I also know a former trainee who is now a JPop singer who said he spend almost 7 years there without achiving anything, yup my source is NOA, he said that he was a bit mad ad TREASURE's existence first since he was mad how some newer trainee got selected for the show and he didn't and he left oneday cause he had enough and went back to Japan)

• I could imagine it since both Avex and YG do have trainees who didn't debut in almost 10 years (or ran away after 10. I mean didn't the dude who was suposed to end up in NCT but than never debuted used to be under Avex for that amount of time or longer or am I just imagining things? I mean I remember that this guy was suposed to originaly debut in Avex but as per usual Avex made 300 pre-debut groups just to never debut any and he somewhat left and ended up under SM for a year or so before he was kicked out) and from groups who debuted, even if its not Avex themself, I know there are people who spend fucking long time before debuting under Avex as trainees (I mean the source of object is BE:FIRST where 5 of the 7 member are former Avex trainees and one of them was with Avex for 9 years before he ended up in another company ... actually altho BE:FIRST is in another company, they are still realated to Avex since their CEO partnered up with Avex to produce them under a sublabel that was specificaly made for them) and YG has had known artists and former trainees who said how long they spend under YG before (I think one dude on the TREASURE show was in YG for 10 years. I also know a former trainee who is now a JPop singer who said he spend almost 7 years there without achiving anything, yup my source is NOA, he said that he was a bit mad ad TREASURE's existence first since he was mad how some newer trainee got selected for the show and he didn't and he left oneday cause he had enough and went back to Japan)

yeah that's typical YG for u...

Moon Sua was YG trainee from 2009 to 2019

Youha was YG trainee from 2010 to 2019

Lee Seoyeon was YG trainee for almost 8 years

even Bang Yedam who debuted in Treasure was a trainee for almost 8 years, but he didn't last long and left group

there are also those like Purple Kiss Chaein, Secret Number's Jinny, and you can go on and on about those former YG traiees

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Meanwhile a member of my ulti group back in that flopped survival show from 2017

YG: "And what about you?"

Wow: "Actually I used to be a trainee under YG"

YG: "Really? For how long?"

Wow: "About 1 year"

YG: "I do not remember you. You must've been not importaint than cause I would've remembered you if you would be importaint"

ouch

• shit choice still. Avex sucks ass so using them these days is a big failure. I know they have contracts to eachother but you won't get shit done with using Avex these days, YG could've gone to Sony instead if they really want to work with a Japanese company and are "in need" of money. I mean if it will end up in making a Japanese group than YG has to come up with a good way to get them famous since Avex won't do shit (Reminds me that SM gave the new NCT to Avex and uuuuuhhh)

i feel like they became friends coz they've been with each other for so long. yg is one of those company that keeps people for along time (im talking about staff). like their trainer,stylist and dance director are the one with yg since bigbang debut.
    im surprise when 1 of 1tym member goes on radio show (im not talking about teddy) and reveal he still had producer contract with yg even tho after 1tym disband he only had 2 song after his name iirc and those 2 songs are before 2010 iirc.

• Ah they need money

they had money

now they have an empty dungeon

• they had money

now they have an empty dungeon

And robbing from Avex dosn't even helps

Avex almost went bankrupt in 2020, which resultet that they sold their 8 floor big headquater in Tokyo that was worth over 7 million $ to kind of get out of the situation. And they also wanted to fire every artist who became irrelevant or never hit it big to save on money and also considered to have lesser trainees. But however avex bought two seperate new buildings, which are a 3 floor building just for their trainees and a 4 floor building for the rest of the company and they didn't fired any artist. The only artists who left since then are people who either disbanded or debuted under another company instead (or have been unlucky like that dude who was suposed to join NCT but SM kicked him off claiming he was just too sick, while fans belive it was actually due to that he was 27 allready). Avex made the most money that they earned in 2020 with being co-signed to Starto Entertainment's (formerly known as Johnny's) boygroup Snow Man, since Avex produces their music. Since Snow Man is the most selling boygroup in Japan at the moment (over 14 million CD sales in 4 years) Avex was getting payed enough for producing the group to not totally fall down.

People belive the money problem was mainly due to that all the big acts Avex used to have became irrelevant or stoped doing music. As for example Koda Kumi and Ayumi Hamasaki, but also a row other artists are almost irrelevant to the Japanese public these days, despite being the top acts in the 2000s. Also Namie Amuro stoping and AAA going on an indivnite hiatus where besides AAA's member Nissy and SKY-HI the other member are not really making money from their solo music, it became a bit hard for Avex. A few other issues Avex had with their artists is also that most of the people who debuted in the middle to late 2010s didn't even hit it big, not as vocalists, models or actors/actresses and Avex also was one of the first companies who decided to go and put music on streaming platforms in Japan (altho a few of their own artists are still missing or like Namie Amuro got their music removed allready) and this also lead to that people started to not being into buying CDs of most artists under Avex anymore (And co-signed artists are a nother issue, so if some co-signed acts arn't on streaming than it's not the choice of Avex, but the agency that has the majority of rights on the artists). Avex later on decided some new tacktics in hope to gain money again but it didn't really worked out for them. One thing was when Avex decided to send people to survival shows allover Asia. First by sending Hikaru to GP999 where she made it into Kep1er. Avex really thought that when she wins, they could make money off of her, nope not happening since her income is devided between her and her Korean company. Same stupidness happend when they sended Rikimaru and Santa of WARPs Up, aswell as Mika, Caelan and Kazuma of INTERSECTION to Chuang2021 in China. Mika and Rikimaru won, Avex got nothing from it other than the fact that INTERSECTION disbanded and WAPRs UP went into an indevinete hiatus. Now they are going to do the same mistake again since they sended Akina to Chuang Asia right after her girlgroup FAKY disbanded (Alongside a row of other female Avex-trainees). Than there is also the fact that a few of the people who are big money maker kind of left. Well SKY-HI left Avex and made his own (very successfull) company, but he still uses Avex for productions, but altho he opend up a joint between his company and Avex for his artists, not everyone is signed with Avex. I mean from his lable are currently only 2 soloists (where one if them is himself) and a boygroup get produced trought Avex and the other 3 soloists and the other boygroup are with Universal. But still, having their production done by Avex still dosn't mean Avex could earn a lot money from this.

YG themeself has at the moment only AKMU, Blakpink, TREASURE and BABYMONSTER and with barly releasing music for BP and mostly relying on that TREASURE is releasing 2-3 releases a year at the moment, not even sure how well AKMU does for the company and since BABYMONSTER is new IDK if they can even keep YG up, it is unclear if the company even got enough money right now and working with a way more broke company that keeps over 100 trainees in the dungeon and too many "useless" artists, it is very weird that they work on the new auditions together.

Edited once, last by JiminieKookie ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!