Call me a boomer but idols nowadays are boring

• "Back in my day" he says holding his cane.

Most groups personalities were somewhat fun 2pm, afterschool wonder girls SNSD suju.

But nowadays everyone is boring. You can see it in their faces they have nothing going on up there.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Txt enhypen they just don't look like people you'd want to hang out with you know what I mean?? Even these ggs come off basic. Their voices have no personality either.

Back before you could hear a voice and feel something somewhat connected to the singer now all you hear is autotune and nothingness.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this, I don't know most groups btw so there may be the odd exception but I'm sure no group could top the fun personalities of crayon pop.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Yeah no idol really makes me laugh or makes me want to watch all their content. I like Riize and I watch their content sometimes but even they can't compare to Got7 or BTS for me. I used to always watch Got7's variety content because of how funny they were. Nowadays I feel like everything is so fake in K-pop, everything is just lip-synching and tiktok challenges.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• You call that real music, go listen to some real music like this:

External Content www.youtube.com

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• You call that real music, go listen to some real music like this:

:itzy2:

• Yeah no idol really makes me laugh or makes me want to watch all their content. I like Riize and I watch their content sometimes but even they can't compare to Got7 or BTS for me. I used to always watch Got7's variety content because of how funny they were. Nowadays I feel like everything is so fake in K-pop, everything is just lip-synching and tiktok challenges.

Yeah and a lot of the 'variety' comes off really fake.

I understand that cancel culture and public perception is really important nowdays but it's still a bit hard to root for people who don't show themselves fully

• bartkun this is your cue to start spamming him with Le Sserafim videos

I would rather someone spam NJ.

what's your ETA? What's your ETA?

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Be my guest! Haha, I'm talking about their group content, Le Sserafim has got some that's funny as shit. No lack of personality there IMO. Does NJ have that too?

Idk about NJ personality stuff. I just know all the catchy parts of their title tracks lol. OP prob does not watch all the new variety youtube shows he prob still watches cable variety shows lol

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Everything is fake because people are too woke and stupid today and more sensitive than they should be. So the idols act boring because they have to or get cancelled. Because anything they do is a controversy. Making fun of each other? Get cancelled because some fan somewhere thinks you are insulting them or speaking about their body 🤡 . Idol wants to show fans how their day is? Gets cancelled and called some racist or nazi because they owned a durag or had a random Starbucks item somewhere and clowns always online unemployed people expect idols that belong to an entirely different continent, country culture and ethnicity that are busy 23hrs a day to somehow be in tune and know about some dumb boycott 4,000miles away that the vast majority of people in the affected country doesn't know about but somehow a foreigner at home is supposed to know it all🤡🤣. Autotune? Well that's easy certain groups proved that you can literally create junk and you will chart number one and be titled god of the universe. These idols figured out fans only care about charts and your looks. Your music means nothing you can legitimately goto sleep during your cb and put little effort in and fans will treat you like God.

• Everything is fake because people are too woke and stupid today and more sensitive than they should be. So the idols act boring because they have to or get cancelled. Because anything they do is a controversy. Making fun of each other? Get cancelled because some fan somewhere thinks you are insulting them or speaking about their body 🤡 . Idol wants to show fans how their day is? Gets cancelled and called some racist or nazi because they owned a durag or had a random Starbucks item somewhere and clowns always online unemployed people expect idols that belong to an entirely different continent, country culture and ethnicity that are busy 23hrs a day to somehow be in tune and know about some dumb boycott 4,000miles away that the vast majority of people in the affected country doesn't know about but somehow a foreigner at home is supposed to know it all🤡🤣. Autotune? Well that's easy certain groups proved that you can literally create junk and you will chart number one and be titled god of the universe. These idols figured out fans only care about charts and your looks. Your music means nothing you can legitimately goto sleep during your cb and put little effort in and fans will treat you like God.

• lol bro, those days are long gone. Nirblanda released Teen Spirit in 91 and destroyed the greatest genre of modern music, rock. Then any remaining hope for pop music was destroyed with autotune in 97 and music composition via soulless computers. Instead of getting real musicians to play real instruments and real singers to sing with their real voices inside of a studio, any chili dog nerd sitting in front of his 11000 dollar IMAC can compose the jingles that get passed off as "songs" these days.

For anyone looking for passion, storytelling, human emotion and soul in pop music, it was all over.

This effing jingle is 2 minutes and 19 seconds and is the NUMBER ONE SONG IN AMERICA right now. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!

Just listen to the contrast between whatever the above is supposed to be with the top songs of 1984, forty effing years ago. I cant be the only one who is crying right now ;(;(;(

• don't lump us boomers together my friend

you just have the find the right group to enjoy their content

as a long time twice fan - what did you think of the recent TTT - Squid games series?

• nope I'll have a look later
    Twice is obviously great in variety though i was meaning more newer gen.

LSFM's content is pretty good if you're interested in them

and 123 IVE especially during the scary content (as in like 4 of the six members are on like worse than jennie levels of scaredy cat lol)

• Best Answer

bartkun this is your cue to start spamming him with Le Sserafim videos

Oh shit here we go ^^

External Content youtube.com

• This made my page lag lmao.

I'll give my review later

• I already mentioned this in another thread.

Among other things, idols can't interact with each other if they're a different gender or else rumors start. So it all feels a bit mid and fake nowadays.

I only like BTS' variety content, the rest feels a bit fake and forced.

However there are groups releasing good songs ATM.

• Txt enhypen they just don't look like people you'd want to hang out with you know what I mean??

Soobin just had a scandal recently for flipping off a friend with his middle toe. Most idols can't afford not to be a little bland in this economy :txt26:

But TXT dgaf :txt39:

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

GC9yIJ3XAAA4kB2?format=jpg&name=medium

GC91o6GWgAAtHaP?format=jpg&name=medium

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!