Wakeone should have pushed Bahiyyih hard like Wonyoung and Kep1er wouldn't have flopped

• Bahiyyih got 3.7 million views on her fancam during Girls' Planet, that's more than any Wonyoung fancam during Produce. And let's not say this is because of her brother because Huening Kai can't even get half a million fancam views. She was ranked first in 115 countries, a record for any survival show. Hit tweets with 100K likes everyday. But instead of pushing her hard like Somi/Wonyoung, Wakeone pushed the flop Korean girls while given Bahiyyih 2 lines and the group ended up the opposite of Izone. Stupid company

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

• but Korean fans clearly prefered Chaehyun

overall group would do much better if they will get many songs in Galileo style

all their early songs sounded like a mix of 'your typical survival show theme song' with 'girl crush'

• The trainee pool in GP999 simply wasn't the same as the Produce trainees. The only one that has even a slight chance of surviving in a typical Produce season would've been Xiaoting for her visual and that's it.

• And most of her fans are also Moa (example here, even the one that give the facepalm reaction is a hybe stans. Thanks for the prove). Among the 9 girls, she's the only one that until today I still didn't see why people vote for her especially after I rewatched gp999 back other than the fact that she's related to one of the popular bg. Not only Kai but txt as the whole.

Not a hate but obviously without her brother and txt as a back up, she has nothing interesting to offer as an idol. Nothing really impressive about her from her talent, stage presence or even star quality. In short, she's boring and I know some people aren't ready for this conversation.

• I watched GP999 religiously and she is the BLAND to the bone. Atleast Wontbowyoung is a likeable pretentious princess. Bahiyyih is not any of those things. She’s a decent filler member though.

• Off The Record, the company that managed Izone, hardly did anything for the Izone members.

It was the member's own companies marketing them, bribing producers with adult services, creating PR articles, astroturfing certain members, reverse marketing the competition, giving them gigs.

If bahiyyih's company or parent company of her company was rich af and wanted to, they could have made her the ex-4th generation IT girl.

• the truth is that Xiaoting should’ve been the center. They marketed them as a global group but Chaehyun was ranked low amongst international fans. Bahiyyih, Xiaoting, and Hikaru had the biggest individual fandoms when the show was airing.

Marketed them as global group but the korean votes on the final of gp999 weights 20 times more than the intl votes. Idk what they are thinking.

More popular trainess are eliminated because of the korean votes. I mean its not like those korean voters are going to buy or stream 20 times more than the intl voters.

• Bahiyyih is just.....well very bland. She didn't have that typical easy going, talkative and cheerful character like other mix idols like Somi, Danielle and Lily has. So it didn't make her personality stand out. Talent wise, no word 🥶. She's not the worst but again, really bland. It's hard to push this type of idol because they have no strong character and presence.

• there is not a single thing that is “girl crush” about Galileo lol

please read again what I've wrote...

all their early songs sounded like a mix of 'your typical survival show theme song' with 'girl crush'

• Crying that you think she's relevant.

Right. Anyone thinking her initial popularity/hype has anything to do with her vs Kai is being delusional. She's also a mixed idol so there's that too, but unless you white/korean, i don't think GP really cares.

But yeah, home girl got into the group in part (if not majority) because of her brother and less her visuals or talent.

If she was that IT girl, like her numbers suggest, she'd be able to carry the group.

• Off The Record, the company that managed Izone, hardly did anything for the Izone members.

It was the member's own companies marketing them, bribing producers with adult services, creating PR articles, astroturfing certain members, reverse marketing the competition, giving them gigs.

If bahiyyih's company or parent company of her company was rich af and wanted to, they could have made her the ex-4th generation IT girl.

What is "reverse marketing" and "astroturfing"?

• First of all, anyone hating on Kepler's music is showing their clapped taste. They have several top level bops and a SOTY contender, and do better than 98 percent of all groups in Kpop tbh in terms of musical quality. Their titles are miles ahead of even Izone ffs. :pepe-notes:

Secondly, aside from music, Kepler seems like a divided group. You've got the Korean faction on one side and the international faction on the other. I noticed it before and it seems to keep popping up but Yujin always mentions Xiaoting, Hikaru and Bahi as the members she is close with.

I wonder if Kepler should be split up with these four making up one group, and the other Korean members making up a second group. Would be VERY interesting to see the response of the few Kepler fans left, or even Kpop fans in general.

• Right. Anyone thinking her initial popularity/hype has anything to do with her vs Kai is being delusional. She's also a mixed idol so there's that too, but unless you white/korean, i don't think GP really cares.

But yeah, home girl got into the group in part (if not majority) because of her brother and less her visuals or talent.

If she was that IT girl, like her numbers suggest, she'd be able to carry the group.

Kep1er's flopping has more to do with the messy songs and concepts given to them than anything else.

Also some viral tweets do not equate to popularity as the OP is trying to imply lol.

• the truth is that Xiaoting should’ve been the center. They marketed them as a global group but Chaehyun was ranked low amongst international fans. Bahiyyih, Xiaoting, and Hikaru had the biggest individual fandoms when the show was airing.

I'm not a fan and never followed their reality but I'm not surprised that was the case. Watching their performances xiaoting and hikaru are the only members I notice. Obviously I know who bahi is too due to her passionate fandom. Idk why is Chaehyun the center, she's bland on stage

• Yeah sure wonyoung’s popularity is actually all fake

1. Never said that. That's a huge leap and assumption you made there lol.

But, if you look at the IZ*ONE girlies, you can see there is a discrepancy in which girls were promoted during their time in IZ*ONE. Yujin and Wonyoung of course got a lot of promotion. But, so did girls like Yena, Eunbi, and Minju. I'm sure that wasn't just due to a discrepancy in popularity and could have also been because maybe their companies actually fought to push the girls behind the scenes while the other girls' companies did not.

Much like how Yujin (Kep1er) has done a few promotional things while the other girls have not.

Wonyoung is popular and in demand, so is Yujin (IVE), but that also has a lot do with Starship going all in and promoting the hell out of them. It takes a combination of both things to reach where those two are.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• What is "reverse marketing" and "astroturfing"?

Astroturfing is a company paying for many people to fake being even more people and go on social media to say something is really good or really bad. Reverse viral marketing, is a unique Korean term, and is what Koreans call a company using astroturf to smear the competition. It is common enough that this is featured in daily Korean dramas such as Live Your Own Life, where the company employs 100 people to say their brand model is fantastic to turn around public opinion.

• The only person that could’ve been the next Wonyoung is Xioting and we all know how Korea doesn’t like Chinese idols and next in line is Hikaru same issu with Xioting overall the group lacks star power most of the members lack star power and they have really boring personality they’re not even fun to watch

It's too bad. People underestimate personality and charm, that shit is important for securing fans and getting them emotionally invested in you. Karina, Nayeon and Minji have that on lock, all are consummate pros when it comes to making their fans feel special. Then there is someone like Sana who is amazing on variety shows, she has an appeal that goes far beyond just her visuals. An idol that combines elite visuals with that onscreen charisma/charming personality is a gold mine for advertisers, fashion houses, music labels, tv producers, etc.

I cant remember exactly but i THINK it was a Chaekkura Produce video that first got me into Izone after ignoring them for almost two years. Something about how Sakura cried 100x harder for Chaeyeon than herself when Chae was selected for the last spot on Izone during the show... :sob-bunny::sob-bunny::sob-bunny:

External Content youtu.be

• Oh nvm I misread u.

• First of all, anyone hating on Kepler's music is showing their clapped taste. They have several top level bops and a SOTY contender, and do better than 98 percent of all groups in Kpop tbh in terms of musical quality. Their titles are miles ahead of even Izone ffs. :pepe-notes:

Secondly, aside from music, Kepler seems like a divided group. You've got the Korean faction on one side and the international faction on the other. I noticed it before and it seems to keep popping up but Yujin always mentions Xiaoting, Hikaru and Bahi as the members she is close with.

I wonder if Kepler should be split up with these four making up one group, and the other Korean members making up a second group. Would be VERY interesting to see the response of the few Kepler fans left, or even Kpop fans in general.

This person and the op need to stop doing drug.

Who is the most popular member in the group? As in, who will continue to be popular and be successful in entertainment industry when the group disbands?

Probably, if inter fans included, I believe it's Xiaoting. If only Korean concerned, it's Chaehyun. If Japan market singled out, it's Mashiro.

None seems charming enough to be top star on their own.

I assume Mashiro and Yeseo will go to Limelight. I like this group a lot and can see it grows much bigger but, no way they can be on the top tier, somewhere around the upper end of mid-tier at best.

Chaehyun possibly will go solo. I can't see her become IU or Sunmi or anywhere near those levels. It will depend on the song. She has nice sweet voice and fairly nice look but bland on stage.

Xiaoting most likely will go back to China and will be C-lister at best. They are countless prettier celebs than her there. Even those from popular Chinese survival show groups are B listers at best.

Bahi will just fade out. She may just leave showbiz after Kep1er.

But, if you look at the IZ*ONE girlies, you can see there is a discrepancy in which girls were promoted during their time in IZ*ONE. Yujin and Wonyoung of course got a lot of promotion. But, so did girls like Yena, Eunbi, and Minju. I'm sure that wasn't just due to a discrepancy in popularity and could have also been because maybe their companies actually fought to push the girls behind the scenes while the other girls' companies did not.

Please. Go to eye doctor. You need treatment.

She was my type at all 'coz I was not into kids. When she first appeared on PD 48, I thought she was tall and cute and that's it. When her team rehearsed "Very Very Very" on stage, I knew she was special. Just for the sake of having her as the center, her team completely eclipsed Sakura's team.

I don't know if her final #1 ranking was rigged but, it was crystal clear that she was most popular member in Korea. No question why might Mnet want her the center. If I were CJ ENM's boss, I would even pay Starship for Wonyoung and not the other way around. It was revealed that IZ*One contract expansion failed because 1 exact agency declined. That agency is believed to be Starship. Without Wonyoung + Yujin, IZ*One was worthless to CJ. Yet, you doubted Starship paid Mnet to push Wonyoung?

What questionable is anyone who doubts Wonyoung's star power and thinks Yena, Minju or Eunbi can ever come close to her level, even Sakura can't.

• What is "reverse marketing" and "astroturfing"?

Stuff that secretly Kakao controlled fanpage was caught doing.

Negative articles or amplifying negative articles about certain groups and positive comments or amplifying positive articles about other groups.

IIRC they had some ridiculous number of positive comments about IVE and/or Wonyoung (prior to IVE) and they had hundreds of negative stories about other companies Idols, in particular I think AESPA but also a few others.

The investigative team for Chosun? I think it was exposed it all, and the fanpage was shutdown very shortly after.

To be clear - the Fanpage was directly run by Kakao's marketing team who work under Kakao proper (not Starship). Those are facts. Whether Starship knew about this was never proven, however, so it remains unclear.

• Yep... Aespa, Idle and particularly LSRFM via Garam scandal were particularly targeted iirc.

• Yep... Aespa, Idle and particularly LSRFM via Garam scandal were particularly targeted iirc.

I'm not sure Idle were in the firing line much.

My understanding was Kakao had control for a little over a year from when it exposed, and for most of that time the Soojin scandal had already come and Idle were on Hiatus.

Neverlands like to post alot of copium about Soojin stuff (I know, Im in the fandom) but I think they exaggerate because it was a convenient scapegoat - I believe it was far more the closest rookies against IVE that were the targets for negative stories.

Either way, to go back to the original discussion - that's reverse marketing and astroturfing.

• :pepe-cross:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!