KBS Immortal Song’s concert at the MetLife Stadium in New York featuring Ateez, New Jeans etc is met with poor ticket sales

• The blue ones are the unsold tickets
    The middle section seems like the invitation section

AVvXsEhuokharrGeCTB14LaV1NQk4Fzf1RAuzVtOV-AL2AqN8VMHlC-2LKZAvDDhVJZmZG6qiVOFhq6Qsa99Qbq04PH3oD8qekiP0qkX42KTDdyuLLejhrPkBHFqEVvV4oi0cXJdR6GQwvAv4NqCNB2Kw4DdB8uw3s3xqUQ8H91RWugQVxdur1eOiXBm7HFmeh8=w533-h640

(T/N: for context, KBS's Immortal Song will hold a concert in New York at the MetLife Stadium. The artist lineup includes ATEEZ, NewJeans, PSY, etc. The concert is held on Oct 26th)

original post: here

1. With what kind of confidence are they going there..?

2. Why would they randomly do it in NewYork?

3. They are selling way less than I thought..

4. Isn't that a stadium?? Hul..

5. Who would go there to see their bias perform 2,3 songs for 800K won? They would just go to their solo concert instead
    > They have 8 teams in a 4 hours performance so I think they'll sing more than 3 songs

6. With what kind of confidence does Immortal Song have to be doing this in New York and with that price...?

7. I was wondering how expensive it was and it's 800K won...???
    > 800~880K won

8. 800K won???? For Immortal Song??????

9. MetLife? In Korea, only Bangtan and BP can sell out that placeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. No but who's performing..?
    > AVvXsEjixtALyLuh9gMPerkEzKBgqlZrqrnG8XX1QHKKfJD4e8U8519_zeMY9mRZk9C5mocg0O9bS7cNdzjpQGXzCXFLP1-jUSX4pcr3dOQZidEQIP6BRNJgGBt_aTbE1Zd9j24Fd-B_WSYT9LoCKMJGU2DeYhocP7Yn2qiPGFjlUFVk3Re1igVmp1LJMHen9Vw
    (Singer Patti Kim, Park Jung Hyun, Kim Tae Woo, PSY, Young Tak and group Jannabi, NewJeans and ATEEZ with MC Sin Dong Yub, Kim Joon Hyun and Lee Chan Won)

• Stadium? What...

If they want to sell out better lower tickets, I would have thought psy,ateez,new jeans could sell it though.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think it will probs sell out though its got 38 days left.

• Maybe people don't want to buy tickets to see NewJeans and ATEEZ performing just 2-3 songs?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not a single relevant touring act present...what can we expect.

Also the vast majority of seats cost about 65 bucks. That's not super pricey, but I think everything but ground seats shold be lowered to around 40 bucks to sell. Maybe even consider 20 for the nosebleeds.

• Not a single relevant touring act present...what can we expect.

Not sure you can say this, each act apparently will only get 30 minutes to perform and ticket prices are about 600 bucks if the translated comments are to be believed. I bet if it was a regular 2 hour concert for Ateez, NJ, etc with normal tix prices of 100-200 bucks, they would each sell at least 10k in NYC. :pepe-shrug:

• meh lineup...expensive ticket prices...trying to target both kpop fans and the ahjummas in Fort Lee/Palisades Park/Leonia and the garment district. good luck.

• Not sure you can say this, each act apparently will only get 30 minutes to perform and ticket prices are about 600 bucks if the translated comments are to be believed. I bet if it was a regular 2 hour concert for Ateez, NJ, etc with normal tix prices of 100-200 bucks, they would each sell at least 10k in NYC. :pepe-shrug:

If you translate the comment, if you go to TM website directly you'll see very few tickets are going for anywhere close to that price, in fact tickets next to the stage are 455 buck right now and a little bit back, still ground are 255. The majority of tickets are going for 65 Dollars.

They likely aren't selling because the acts have very small or non existent fanbases in New York. They would have been smarter booking this in LA where a much larger Kpop core exists. As I said the prices don't represent the value of the acts on show, 65 bucks for stand seats is too high. They should consider lowering first tier stands to 40 and nose bleeds to 20 instead of the 65.

• With this line up they would never selling out this venues especially with that expensive tickets. Maybe if they give Ateez and Nj two hours for themselves it probably could work but only 30 min and you asked those fans to watch the other artists that they don't even familiar with? That's crazy. On top of that in New York? Bffr.

• There have already been a number of concerts very close together at Metlife or Newark. I wouldn't be surprised if people are running low on money at the moment or saving their money for other groups who will soon be dropping albums and going on tour. Also, most of those acts just don't have the fanbase here to sell out a ton of tickets.

• Maybe people don't want to buy tickets to see NewJeans and ATEEZ performing.

External Content www.youtube.com

Good take

• Not many people would pay 600 dollars to see the artists they want perform like 3 songs and dip.

• Lol, how embarrassing. Guess streaming numbers don't translate to butts in the seats.

Bro I wouldn’t pay 600 bucks for immortal songs if I only wanted to see 1 artists there. Not saying NJs or anyone could do a stadium but this isn’t the best example

• External Content www.youtube.com

Good take

Not a concert. Nice try but no cigar.

• It takes time to build a touring fanbase when I saw BP in Newark back in 2019 the concert hall was barely 70% full and now tickets were sold out in a matter of hours.

They should have definitely had a more legacy act here as well or more idol groups.

• You're right. It's only the second biggest music festival in the U.S. with over 70,000 people in attendance just for them.

Nice try though.

Black and mild will do nicely

"Just for them."

And I'm a monkey's uncle. I know you're mad that your expectations of them being able to put butts in seats for actual concerts here isn't exactly panning out, but let's not stretch the facts to their limits of elasticity.

• Who can sell some of these tickets are basically mostly NewJeans and ATEEZ.

NewJeans, despite their popularity, is a rookie group who has never done a world tour. It takes time to build a reputation up as a touring act and they will have to start with theaters/arenas before going to bigger places, just like every other act. Including the biggest K-pop touring acts we've known.

ATEEZ is in the middle of a worldwide tour. They already did like 11 arena concerts on US for said tour and were headliners of KCON LA Day 2 last month. So It's not like their fans are starving to see them live to pay massively for a KBS Special.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• And I'm a monkey's uncle.

That would be an upgrade, since monkeys at least get a chance to touch some grass. Something a terminally online and clearly triggered stan like yourself might aspire towards.

But yes, let's take your clearly credible word for it, with no obtusely hidden agenda to speak of, as opposed to the word of a person who was at said festival

:pepe-joy:

• That would be an upgrade, since monkeys at least get a chance to touch some grass. Something a terminally online and clearly triggered stan like yourself might aspire towards.

But yes, let's take your clearly credible word for it, with no obtusely hidden agenda to speak of, as opposed to the word of a person who was at said festival

:pepe-joy:

Nothing but petty insults. And I'm the triggered one? LOL

I have no agenda, hidden or otherwise. You, on the other hand, are obviously quite the NJ stan and need a wee bit of a reality check. Well here it is. :violinist-pepe:

Lmao no sane Bunny said NewJeans could sell out stadiums today.

I personally said they could tour the US today if they wanted to. Which is absolutely true.

If it were true they'd be able to prove it.

• Nothing but petty insults. And I'm the triggered one? LOL

I'm sorry a random forum poll that chose NewJeans as the next group up has you malding in mommy's basement.

Maybe Twice will win the next random AKP poll.

And yes, I'm petty king. Duh. If you say something ignorant, which you did, I'll let you know about it.

Time for you to go find a branch to swing from, Mr. Monkey's Uncle. :pepe-joy:

• eab6a8cc326bc8b70d43524a972469de_w200.gif

• Lmao no sane Bunny said NewJeans could sell out stadiums today.

I personally said they could tour the US today if they wanted to. Which is absolutely true.

Who said this are either K-pop stans using NewJeans' name for their petty fanwars (as usual) or a random fan who doesn't understand anything about touring stats, then you see people spreading it as if the whole fandom was expecting them to sold out a stadium on US by themselves

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!