ITZY could have been more famous with Somi by having an ex produce centre just like IVE and Wonyoung

• Even now, Somi definitely have a better career compared to ITZY as a group (thanks to TBL)

ITZY lacks a true star face of the group and notable member in the public eye. Fans can talk about the others going viral for a moment here or there but none of them have ever been on Somi's level of continual popularity and pull. Itzy were originally built around her and they never really escaped not having her there.

if JYP can hold Somi, Itzy will be more famous like IVE or even more (because even Unnies, a temp group, have song that hit #1 in kchart because of Somi in her peak at that time), not to mention Somi popularity somehow is even way bigger than Wonyoung if we compare both center group

Somi had tittle as Variety Show Queen and Maknae On TOP because she was IOI center, she was like everywhere after Very Very IOI hit #1 on kchart and booming everywhere

• Somi leaving was the best thing for both her and ITZY. I really like Somi, in fact I'm very partial to all the former Sixteen cast, but she still lacks that 'it' factor on the stage. She knows the textbook things that needs to be done as an idol, but you can tell it's not who she is and she's not 100% comfortable, which by the way is FINE. That said, when she's on stage she's not fearless. She's good, she pulls it off enough but being next to Yeji, Ryujin, and Chaeryeong would've exposed her. Plus the variety queen for ITZY is Chaeryeong who goes viral nowadays.

Frankly, Yuna is the better fit for ITZY, and has much more confidence, and I think it's been remarked on solo stages how much presence she has despite how young she is. Being a part of ITZY is much more integral to Yuna's growth than it would've been for Somi, who frankly was right to pursue a solo career instead where she's not compared unfairly to teammates in a group. Somi as a solo allows her to standout and actually it helps fans to focus on her strengths more. On ITZY, she would've been nerfed.

• Somi leaving was the best thing for both her and ITZY. I really like Somi, in fact I'm very partial to all the former Sixteen cast, but she still lacks that 'it' factor on the stage. She knows the textbook things that needs to be done as an idol, but you can tell it's not who she is and she's not 100% comfortable, which by the way is FINE. That said, when she's on stage she's not fearless. She's good, she pulls it off enough but being next to Yeji, Ryujin, and Chaeryeong would've exposed her. Plus the variety queen for ITZY is Chaeryeong who goes viral nowadays.

Frankly, Yuna is the better fit for ITZY, and has much more confidence, and I think it's been remarked on solo stages how much presence she has despite how young she is. Being a part of ITZY is much more integral to Yuna's growth than it would've been for Somi, who frankly was right to pursue a solo career instead where she's not compared unfairly to teammates in a group. Somi as a solo allows her to standout and actually it helps fans to focus on her strengths more. On ITZY, she would've been nerfed.

The stan attractor doesn't need to a great dancer. What you have to consider is what someone was like 5 years ago, isn't the same as now. imo I think she now is very very good. I haven't really watch all her tiktoks, but the ones I've seen recently where there are other people I'm interested in, she is better than most. I do not think she would be exposed in ITZY, but instead performance-wise would have made them even better. I mean there is a black hole performance-wise in ITZY, and she is way better than the black-hole.

Ryujin was meant to be the stan attractor, and she is, but Somi is on another level.

Regardless, JPY already decided she wasn't going to be in ITZY which is why they let her move on to TBL, as the big 4 have an agreement not to poach without consent.

• Well. Atleast now you dont came with some quoted coward shit. Btw, you dont say anything new, people say this since the beggining. Now, I believe JYP would found a way to kill the hype for Somi, the same the way they found a way to kill the hype for Ryujin. The best thing that could happen to Somi was to leave that damn company.
    BTW, there is no way the popularity of Somi is bigger than Wonyoung popularity.

• The stan attractor doesn't need to a great dancer. What you have to consider is what someone was like 5 years ago, isn't the same as now. imo I think she now is very very good. I haven't really watch all her tiktoks, but the ones I've seen recently where there are other people I'm interested in, she is better than most. I do not think she would be exposed in ITZY, but instead performance-wise would have made them even better. I mean there is a black hole performance-wise in ITZY, and she is way better than the black-hole.

Ryujin was meant to be the stan attractor, and she is, but Somi is on another level.

Regardless, JPY already decided she wasn't going to be in ITZY which is why they let her move on to TBL, as the big 4 have an agreement not to poach without consent.

I think Somi got a little better too, but I think that's more a factor of her depending on herself than having a group where the management would try to hide her weaknesses.

That said Somi is not so popular that she could withstand when the company mismanages the group. For example, the musical "rut" that ITZY has been in the last couple of years would've done more damage to Somi's brand than it has for the individual members currently on the group as they were not stars prior to forming versus Somi, who was already a star.

• I get that Yuna was selected for Itzy as Somi's replacement, but I really think the question shouldn't be who was the better pick between them, but why Yuna wasn't an original pick to begin with. Honestly, I get why there are so many survival shows, because sometimes, who the producers have in mind and who catches the attention of the general public can be two separate things entirely.

Rather than one or the other, I think having both Yuna and Somi in the group would have benefit Itzy the most. If there are members who should have been replace it's Lia or Chaeryong, depending on which you value more (visuals or talent).

• Bumping the thread to offer a glimpse from an alternate reality where Somi was in ITZY. :holding-back-tears:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This copy pasta from where?

Reddit I bet.

• Bumping the thread to offer a glimpse from an alternate reality where Somi was in ITZY. :holding-back-tears:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can see how Somi would have out shinned the other girls.

A bit more of that interaction.

• You can see how Somi would have out shinned the other girls.

Unfortunately you are right. Somi has a 4D personality, and the Itzy members just dont, they all strike me as introverts. Except Yuna who i believe COULD have rivaled Wonyoung, Karina, and Somi in terms of being renowned by GP.

Somi has the visuals and body proportions of a literal model, and with this flashy blonde hair, she just commands attention. Chaer and Yeji could be 100x better dancers but still i would bet if you put Somi onstage tomorrow with them, 80 percent of the audience would focus on her.

Itzy are performance queens, one of the best in Kpop and their music generally ROCKS, but there is a difference between putting on a great show and attracting stans and GP interest. Somi has probably run through 20+ endorsement or promo deals and 20+ pictorials/covers for mags at this point.

• You can see how Somi would have out shinned the other girls.

Somi is extremely charismatic. It was very logical for Somi to decide on a solo career. Yuna fits the group's image more. Somi looks very charming and feminine around them. Yuna has a feminine yet youthful style that fits with Itzy's image more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!