ITZY could have been more famous with Somi by having an ex produce centre just like IVE and Wonyoung

• No I don’t see what she would bring to itzy. Yuna actually has great stage presence and dancing skills, especially at debut + works better in a group imo. Maybe if somi was a main vocal but I feel like her songs fit her better than itzy quirky concept. Her vibe is too different. It would be awkward imo

• Somi fits better in black pink.

• the thing is JYP wouldn´t let her shine, cos you know (scared of having a Suzy issue again)

This

This is the answer

JYP is absolutely traumatised by it, just look at the how long it takes for JYPE to have solo activities for his groups.

Granted I admit I don't know and I could be wrong about Twice or ITZY or even NMIXX solo gigs so if I'm wrong feel free to add in

But even rookies from 4th gen girlies are having individual solo gigs. Just to quote an example Eunchae has her Eunchae star diary less than 1 year after LSFM debut.

Wonyoung and Yujin has individual Instagram accounts, but granted I think those were made during pre IVE days. Same for Sakura. But now all members of LSFM has their own insta. Twice only got their own individual Instagram 7 years after their debut. Aespa members have their own too, where is ITZY?

And this is the part where I might be unsure, but I often see the new girlies going on solo gigs, fashion events, brand events etc. Where is that for Twice/ITZY in their rookie years, or NMIXX even now? Maybe I'm wrong maybe I missed it

• JYP would have tanked her career...but look at it this way, she went to the Black Label and they did that anyway.

I don't think either were good fits for her, but I also don't think she's had massive star power since her time with JYPE. She had the buddings of a potential future star and JYP was never going to take advantage of that, and with her time in TBL all they've done is at best made her a second tier soloist without any real success or sustained promotion.

Both were shit choices for her and it is what it is.

• You can see how Somi would have out shinned the other girls.

A bit more of that interaction.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe in visuals, but the problem is, Somi doesn’t have the voice to be a soloist imo, so the point is kinda meh.

• It would have changed anything?

She can't carry her solo career, she won't carry a whole group.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Few groups or soloists could survive a two year hiatus (Ive, Newjeans and Le Sserafim hadn't even debuted at the time of her last comeback), yet Somi is bouncing right back. She just needs a little time.

Somi is already pulling better music show views than Itzy, NewJeans and NCT Dream... as a soloist.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• this would happen to any female soloist especially if they don't have a big chinese fandom to fall back on

and she has been absent for 2 years. Somi still is popular and it's known by the general that's a big advantage that she still has if she were in any group she would be helping popularity wise not specifically talking about itzy.

groups>>>solo artists

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!